Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 709889

Do you like this cosplay better @jye4ever ?

Because it's touched up. This Superman will also be touched up in post.

From a production standpoint, you need a suit that allows the actor to be functional and to make it somewhat bearable to endure. A lot of actors on the rise, and those with options, will turn down roles based on the level of potential attrition involved. Dave Bautista, as of today, with more cache behind his name and brand, wouldn't take the GOTG1 role. Not a chance. If Karen Gillan had a larger footprint in the US when she entered the MCU, she might not have signed up to be Nebula.

Let's see how the new guy does. He might just surprise everyone.

This might sound like heresy to lots of hard core comic fans here, but Superman in film has always been a placeholder character. He's there to react to the more charismatic super villain and mentor characters. I enjoyed Henry Cavill as Clark Kent, I did, and I enjoyed Man Of Steel a ton. But the emotional weight of the film was carried by Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon and Russell Crowe. Christopher Reeve was replaceable. Maybe no one wants to hear that, but he was. What you couldn't replace was Marlon Brando and Gene Hackman.

What's been up with you of late? You've gotten super salty about everything. Then again, you did mention you were married. So I can't judge a drowning man too much....
the mask GIF
the mask GIF
Surprised The Mask GIF

Still not a fan of Pattinson's Batsuit. Nor did I like the film particularly. So there!
I've still never seen it, nor do I even care or ever plan to. Everything about it looked cringe to me. From Emo Bruce with an awful costume, to pathetic Catwoman, Gimp Riddler, normal mobster Penguin, the worst looking Batmobile put to a screen alongside a motorcycle. Absolutely nothing there for me to give a :poop: about.

I got my real world batman with Bale & Nolan's films. The Batman just felt like a rehash of movies that were already too good (well, 2 of them that is).

Yup, looks like an awful cosplay.

The trunks are next level embarrassing - faaaaar too big and disproportionate.

Don't know why, but I get the feeling they want to suit to look ill-fitting on him. That high collar, etc, it just screams of a less-than Superman.

Well sure, it's very overrated.
No it’s not. You’re just biased. Actually you are very biased. You had your mind made up when it was announced. Infact you have your mind made up about this film aswell 😂.

If it ain’t from a certain terrible director then it’s not good in your eyes 😂.

Last edited:
I'm OK with them doing a Batman with the Blue and Grey if they can get it to work instead of light blue they can use dark blue or navy. They can also do black and grey again but more closer to the comics design with trunks. Actually I'd be in if they did a color scheme similar to BTAS where it's black with blue hues. View attachment 709817View attachment 709818
For me, the jury's out until we see someone trying to do in earnestly. If I can take off my nostalgic glasses for Christopher Reeves, Superman's outfit really is rather silly in general and doesn't seem like it should work in a movie, but it does, and we can accept it in the context of these movies when it is done well. When the first X-Men movie came out they ridiculed the idea of using comic accurate suits in a live action movie but we've seen it work well many times in the years since. Maybe a Neal Adams styled Batman wouldn't work but I am willing to wager that it would, just as the new Wolverine design looks really damn good to me, despite film producers being afraid to do that for 25 years or so.

I like old school suits so everything these days is texturized and armor-ized and looks the same to me anyways. So I'm not concerned about it. Just make him the big boy scout again and I hope all those extra hero characters doesn't make it a muddled mess. I'm not looking for a team movie, I'm looking for a Superman movie.

No it’s not. You’re just biased. Actually you are very biased. You had your mind made up when it was announced. Infact you have your mind made up about this film aswell 😂.

If it ain’t from a certain terrible director then it’s not good in your eyes 😂.
I wish I knew myself as much as you seem to think you do.

How ironic considering you are the king of bias, however, we are all biased on certain things. Just because I want something doesn't mean my mind is shut off to everything else.
As I've said before, my eldest son and I drove two hours to the nearest IMAX to watch it opening weekend wanting it to be great! I really liked Matt Reeves other movies. Sure I'd love an Affleck Batman movie but I was open to see what this had in store. Hence the travelling, expense and time involved.

My lack of interest in going to see Superman is really about it being a Gunn movie and I don't like his movies. So you know, I'm not driving two hours on opening weekend to go and see it. See the difference?

Yup, looks like an awful cosplay.

The trunks are next level embarrassing - faaaaar too big and disproportionate.

Don't know why, but I get the feeling they want to suit to look ill-fitting on him. That high collar, etc, it just screams of a less-than Superman.
Yeah when I cover up the trunks the rest of the suit actually works fairly well, and I don't even mind the collar or panel lines so much. But the trunks just don't fit with the New 52 style at all, and make the whole thing look a whole lot sillier.

I wish I knew myself as much as you seem to think you do.

How ironic considering you are the king of bias, however, we are all biased on certain things. Just because I want something doesn't mean my mind is shut off to everything else.
As I've said before, my eldest son and I drove two hours to the nearest IMAX to watch it opening weekend wanting it to be great! I really liked Matt Reeves other movies. Sure I'd love an Affleck Batman movie but I was open to see what this had in store. Hence the travelling, expense and time involved.

My lack of interest in going to see Superman is really about it being a Gunn movie and I don't like his movies. So you know, I'm not driving two hours on opening weekend to go and see it. See the difference?
I’m really not bias. I just don’t let one director dictate how I watch films. And I don’t know why you drove two hrs to watch a movie you definitely made up your mind about but to each is own. You saying it’s overrated is obviously what you would say considering all the of the fanbase you belonged to hated the film from the announcement. I mean yea you can watch it but you weren’t going to like it.

Saying it’s overrated is just funny since it’s not like the movie garnered tdk levels of popularity it was just a solid Batman flick that most fans enjoyed.

You’re going to drive two hrs to the nearest imax to watch this flick and hate it aswell.
But I think once Gunn releases it you’ll start to become a super fan and burn the Snyder cut merch you have and declare full loyalty to your new king

Last edited:
Back