Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m in the middle with this film. A lot riding on it. Lots of hype and eyes surrounding it. If it fails then say bye bye to dc superhero films for decades to come but if it’s good and wins the fans over then yhid could be the start of a new era for dc. And I’m a DC fan so I’m hoping for the best but I won’t glaze it if it’s not good

Maybe you’re right, Snyder got a lot right imo. Just missed on the big aspects, his tone was great but the storytelling rushed. If only we could have got some more world building (especially with batman) I think the first few years of Snyderverse could have been saved easily. The rest however….

Eh, the topic has been discussed to death at this point. :lol

As long as WB doesn’t touch Reeve’s Bats, Gunn can do what ever the hell this is turning into.

Too bad they can’t find a way to go in the direction of the Animated adventures, BTAS/Arkham Etc. Imagine a Mask of the Phantasm live action movie or something similar adapting something from the Superman Animated Show.
That’s what was dc’s problem from the start. They never trusted there characters. I don’t like snyders movies but atleast the man pulled from existing stories and made suits from existing stories and tried to incorporate them into love action .

Not really. Not in today's cinematic dulldrums.

Until the reboot 2 years later.

Have you been paying attention the last 20+ years? How many Batman movies has there been?
So you’re saying that studio is healthy and funded enough that it can just continuously keep losing $300 million with no consequences?

1719702746909.gif

I'm already straining my credulity to breaking point with the idea of aliens looking like human beings [its why I always preferred the alternative origin of Kryptonians being future humans escaping heat death by going to the past but being trapped in a stable time loop meaning they have to accept their demise with Krypton]
But for some reason the idea that Krypton also evolved its own version of golden retrievers is just too far for me.

Can I say something I've been sitting on for a while?
I'm not into Gunns style and I thought his Suicide Squad movie was overhyped to ****.
Its a pretty simple formula - zany hijinks + graphic [or at least suggestive] violent sequences with a dissonant background soundtrack + one or two heartfelt scenes to counterbalance the sardonic quippy tones = Gunn.
Its not a bad formula, but fairly distracting when you catch on.
The Suicide Squad is just okay - and Peacemaker is outright good - but neither of them blew my mind.

The one thing this movie has going for it that has me excited is its cast.

Not really. Not in today's cinematic dulldrums.

Until the reboot 2 years later.

Have you been paying attention the last 20+ years? How many Batman movies has there been?
Since tdkr there was bvs and then the Batman. So maybe like three? It was spread out.

Have you forgotten Batman and Robin? It almost destroyed the brand and dc was hesitant to even touch Batman again .
Lest we forget that Batman use to be a huge laughing stock for a short period of time. Those bat nipples wouldn’t go away. Dc is reactionary. I wouldn’t put it past them to sell the rights to Disney if this universe doesn’t take off

Last edited:
Since tdkr there was bvs and then the Batman. So maybe like three? It was spread out.

Have you forgotten Batman and Robin? It almost destroyed the brand and dc was hesitant to even touch Batman again .
Lest we forget that Batman use to be a huge laughing stock for a short period of time. Those bat nipples wouldn’t go away. Dc is reactionary. I wouldn’t put it past them to sell the rights to Disney if this universe doesn’t take off
Ahh.. A true Batman fan, just because Batman is in a movie does *not* make it a batman movie. :duff

Back