Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah PJ. Love the pics. I sanded the seams down on the dome of my Taito R2 and repainted.

Great pics PJB, simply because you pretty much got Threepio's posture bang on in the pics, it makes a huge difference.

Still waiting for my Paypal invoice from HLJ. :(

Lame. :(

I had like 10 minutes to snap these this morning, so they're pretty quick and dirty!

_MG_6722_zps6d21fdfd.jpg

_MG_6717_zps9574d2b8.jpg

_MG_6728_zps065bf6ed.jpg

_MG_6727_zps15a65a1f.jpg

_MG_6726_zps705764d8.jpg

_MG_6725_zps7fe6a7a9.jpg

_MG_6721_zpsc063b324.jpg

This figure achieves what most set out to, but rarely do...it's a perfect representation of the character in 1/6. Granted it was an easier task, the character being a droid and not a human, but that doesn't make it any less impressive to look at. A truly remarkable piece.

_MG_6725_zps7fe6a7a9.jpg

_MG_6721_zpsc063b324.jpg

This figure achieves what most set out to, but rarely do...it's a perfect representation of the character in 1/6. Granted it was an easier task, the character being a droid and not a human, but that doesn't make it any less impressive to look at. A truly remarkable piece.

Great pics. Judging by them It seems you are pretty confident in the figure's standing ability?

:lecture I disagree. Several manufacturers before Tamashii have tried to get 3PO right but have always come up short. They may have 'believed' that their product was accurate, but next to this Chogokin, you see that others have failed. Being a droid doesn't make it any easier.

This is the droid you're looking for. :yess:

Just picked mine up at the PO today and - WOW. I expected to be pleased with this, didn't know it would make me feel like a 6 year old kid again! I literally could not look at it without hearing various 3PO lines from the OT in my head. This thing is pop art, plain and simple. It is elegant and perfect, I've always loved this character and now I own the definitive 1/6 scale representation - there will not be anything in this scale that will top this. I was a little sad I don't collect statues, because the PF droids look so nice, but this is better, because it is fully poseable and it's in my chosen scale. I also have the first Medi release of 3PO (non-talking) and that's a good, solid representation of the character, I still like it, but it can't match this. I'm glad I caved in early on this one, after the initial sticker shock wore off, I knew I'd have to have this, and I don't regret it for a second. I'm hoping and praying that the scale and dome get corrected on R2 - accuracy is the selling point on these, right? Even if they screw up R2 (in which case I'll skip it), this guy is impressive all on his own. I'll have to get a case for him, roomy enough so that R2 could fit in there later on. Unlike some, I don't mind the look of the base, but the plastic clip that's supposed to hold him, and which would probably work fine for a plastic figure...I just don't trust it to support the weight of this guy. I couldn't bear to watch 3PO take a dive off a table or shelf - I would die! BTW someone said this figure wasn't as heavy as anticipated, to which I have to ask: how much did you think this ****er would weigh?? It's pretty hefty, could knock someone unconscious if it feel on their head, pretty much what I expected. I love the weightiness of it. As stated, the ankles are not as stable as the well-designed knees - those knees can hold a pose - so the ankles make the figure a little more tippy than I would like. Another thing I noticed: the eyes still have the three-light design, you can see them pretty well in hand, especially when looking at the face straight-on, they are just really bright...sort of over-illuminates the eyes a tad, but it still looks great. I'm still feeling the high of opening this figure, think I'll be smiling all day! :blissy

ps - if you can't buy this figure without starving, skip it. If you can buy this by cutting out some other purchase (or with part of your tax return, as I did) I say: "Go for it!" :yess:

:lecture I disagree. Several manufacturers before Tamashii have tried to get 3PO right but have always come up short. They may have 'believed' that their product was accurate, but next to this Chogokin, you see that others have failed. Being a droid doesn't make it any easier.

This is the droid you're looking for. :yess:

I think you misunderstood me, I'm not saying creating a 1/6 3PO was easy (as I'm well aware others have failed), but creating a 1/6 figure to the level of perfection they have achieved here is easier when working with a mechanical character, than say a human character with a specific physique, complex likeness and clothing to replicate. I take great pride in the human characters in my 1/6 collection, but not one of them replicates their 1:1 counterpart as well as this 3PO, and it's not for lack of talent and effort. :lol

I think you misunderstood me, I'm not saying creating a 1/6 3PO was easy (as I'm well aware others have failed), but creating a 1/6 figure to the level of perfection they have achieved here is easier when working with a mechanical character, than say a human character with a specific physique, complex likeness and clothing to replicate. I take great pride in the human characters in my 1/6 collection, but not one of them replicates their 1:1 counterpart as well as this 3PO, and it's not for lack of talent and effort. :lol

Nah, I totally got what you were saying, which is why I indicated being a droid doesn't necessarily mean it will be easier to get the likeness correct compared to a human.

I mean, how could someone even believe that very generalized statement? :lol

Amazing Dane!!!

He looks incredible! Great shots as always :clap

Can't wait to get mine this week now :)

I had like 10 minutes to snap these this morning, so they're pretty quick and dirty!

_MG_6717_zps9574d2b8.jpg

:clap Looks fantastic man!
I haven't moved mine from my desk to Detolf yet, I just like looking at him too much!

_MG_6722_zps6d21fdfd.jpg

_MG_6717_zps9574d2b8.jpg

_MG_6728_zps065bf6ed.jpg

_MG_6727_zps15a65a1f.jpg

_MG_6726_zps705764d8.jpg

_MG_6725_zps7fe6a7a9.jpg

_MG_6721_zpsc063b324.jpg

Another satisfied customer! :hi5:

Nice stuff, Dane. 3PO looks excellent with HT look in terms of body scale.

I'm so jealous, I hope I can get this at some point.

Interesting that this thing just seemed to come out of nowhere, created confusion, then ends up being the superior piece.

Back