Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Perfect Model Chogokin C-3PO (THREEPIO) Figure

No problem, but why did we get merged?

I was kind of hoping we could separate 3PO from R2 now that pre-order for just one is on Monday.
Yeah, I figured they could stay seperate, too, but I guess R2 can still have his own thread.

Does he light up and talk like Medicom's?
Lights up but no talking feature (thankfully, IMO).

Howard Chan is furiously searching through his gif file for "Challenge Accepted".
I defy him to create a better one!

I've got the medi droids on PO for $400 shipped...

Double+ the money buys the better detailed, better scaled figures.

Geebuz. Nup, can't swing it.

Looks around the room to see what I could pawn

I'd really like to see some new shots in a new context, preferably more natural shots.

Me too.
The only shots that I'm aware of are the ones from the show, from the other thread (which I'm sure you've already seen).

Here:

I searched for this and couldn't find a thread.
So, this guy looks absolutely amazing!
And since it's under the "Heroes of the Rebellion" label

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This guy will easily be above the $350.00 price IMO...
But it looks absolutely beautiful...
Any thoughts?

Even if Sideshow attempts to make their own it will be nowhere near as good as this. They will probably go the vac-metalized chrome plastic route ala Hasbro and be only one step above. The Chogokin will likely stand as the definitive Threepio for many years to come.

I would really need to see how this thing moves to be able to determine if it's worth it. Need a video or animated gif.

Is this C-3PO a statue with limited articulation or a fully articulated figure???

Getting pretty tired of the constant teases on this - we've been in the dark since SDCC.

Is this C-3PO a statue with limited articulation or a fully articulated figure???

Getting pretty tired of the constant teases on this - we've been in the dark since SDCC.

The 12"PM site says it articulated -- elbow pistons work -- so we know the arms move at least. I would imagine it's as articulated as the suit itself was, minus the fingers.

The 12"PM site says it articulated -- elbow pistons work -- so we know the arms move at least. I would imagine it's as articulated as the suit itself was, minus the fingers.
Yeah, this is my guess, as well. I don't think there is too much mystery in this regard. He's going to have pretty limited articulation below the waist, for sure. Just looking at his legs, you can tell they're going to be inhibited by the thigh armour being able to move maybe an 1/8" before they get stopped by the torso. Knees might bend and then the feet look like they'd have a very small range of motion, as well. Personally, I'm not going to pose 3PO sitting or in action poses, so it's not relevent to me.

Back