Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, swsqueakquels, I'm curious about how much movement he has at the waist, too. I have a feeling the head/neck will be fine. Ideally Sideshow has taken a ton more pictures once this goes up for preorder on Monday. Not long now and we should have some answers.

I can't believe Sideshow won't do their own. How much harder is R2 and 3PO to do than IG88!?

Yep, as much as I dislike the price, I can't see SSC using real wires on the abdomen or working pistons at the elbows and any other details like that. Really looking forward to what will be revealed on Monday. Hope there is some sort of surprise exclusive, though hard to imagine what they could include.

Don't know if these have already been posted but he looks fantastic!!

Rough Translation of text:

12 "PM C-3PO
C-3PO commercialized it from "STAR WARS" is the work worldwide merchandising company that collaborated with the American figure maker SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES!
And three-dimensional Bandai of pouring the know-how of "superalloys" world-class to reproduce the image of the metal.
Have been incorporated many of the world's first attempt was not in the commodity of the past, is the world's most accurate birth "" world's first "truly" of C-3P0.

Exact "world" C-3PO

Prop in order to select the C-3PO version of: "EPISODE IV A NEW HOPE STAR WARS", was verified thoroughly to Detail details such as dents or distortion of the skin from the shape of the design work first movie was released in 1977 I aimed at the precision of the scale model.
When mounted in order to scale to the original costume (175cm) Height of Anthony Daniels is a performer, one of the features is also slightly larger than the existing products that are based on (167cm) official setting.

Modeling dense thorough validation and technical capabilities made ​​possible by

OVER 900 grams weight only die-cast body with lots.
Thorough supervision by Mr. Seiji Takahashi of Japan in the analysis guru Star Wars prop.

■ 300mm Height approx · ABS · die-cast material Product Specifications

■ Display Stand-com droid control link bolt and two each for the left and right wrist replacement body contents and set

■ The battery has been set pieces are used ※ 2 · LR44 × battery is for testing. Please replace your battery light was weak.

https://blog.yahoo.com/_ED274AZGFINLESDVVHRADMVIMU/articles/689794

3Lm_GZpDhqlIxj9gMm._Gg.jpg

OGmOW1iiFgSMyZQxMNmiWQ.jpg

KXCuSlCQOdWAvYIlWbMvHQ.jpg

KN_Elqr657jcnHnqqjk0WQ.jpg

SPq73ADiXTKQIK9WLBwUfQ.jpg

V1X4N8Jwq1Nz1N4GdNQeRw.jpg

M8exUG5aK7XpaJ6eRXsWdA.jpg

Cj1BT9vRtjygfyr3jVL9sw.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think I will be able to pass this set up. It would be hard to imagine some company doing a better job. I know it will be pricey, but I believe I would kick myself down the road if missed.

I don't think I will be able to pass this set up. It would be hard to imagine some company doing a better job. I know it will be pricey, but I believe I would kick myself down the road if missed.

Me too. But the price will decide for me.

Jeez this looks good. And, after the inclusion of "Heroes of the Rebellion" on the package, the SSC preview does say "Manufactured by Sideshow, Inc." - so this seems to be the long-promised 1/6 SSC droids.

After looking at every picture so far, it seems clear the head does tilt to the side, which means ball joint. There is also definitely leg articulation - in a few pics, the feet are nearly touching and are parallel, while in another pic, they are 3/4" apart at angled to each other. There is also a slight "tilt back" in one pic and it seems the hip joints are the source of the tilt (i.e. not the waist itself.)

The arms seem fully articulated within the confines of the joints that are visible i.e. spin at shoulder, spin at base of shoulder bell, bend at elbow with pistons, wrists spin.

Unfortunately, articulation in the waist - turning or tilting - does not show up in any of the pics. It looks exactly the same position in every pic, whether in studio or at public shows. Perhaps those real wires are simply too delicate to allow the waist to do anything that might tear or shear them. But even the Hasbro Threepio had very limited waist articulation, almost no movement. Don't think the Medi had much either.

Nowhere is knee or ankle articulation visible, but there are definitely decent gaps where they would be for joints, i.e. if they weren't articulated, they would be slightly narrower gaps.

OGmOW1iiFgSMyZQxMNmiWQ.jpg

Fack it fack it fack it fack it. I can feel myself being sucked into this facking vortex. In a couple of days I can see myself cancelling the medi droids and spending a stupid amount of money on this and R2. And I'll cancel three other PO's to make myself feel better. Fack you Sideshow and Tamashii for taking advantage of my childhood.

Jeez this looks good. And, after the inclusion of "Heroes of the Rebellion" on the package, the SSC preview does say "Manufactured by Sideshow, Inc." - so this seems to be the long-promised 1/6 SSC droids.

I definitely think this will do for quite some time. If I can afford this and R2, I'm basically done with the "prime 7" heroes... and I can sleep.

being a primary ot collector i can definitely say once these are acquired the circle would be complete...............i don't out right buy many complete figures so in my mind i guess i could justify the price (closes eyes and says that over & over). this & an r2 def resonates with me.

Fack it fack it fack it fack it. I can feel myself being sucked into this facking vortex. In a couple of days I can see myself cancelling the medi droids and spending a stupid amount of money on this and R2. And I'll cancel three other PO's to make myself feel better. Fack you Sideshow and Tamashii for taking advantage of my childhood.
Haha, this is totally how I feel. I've gone from ruling this out at the beginning of the thread to can't-wait-to-order on Monday. Basically I'd rather have this 3PO than 2 Snowtroopers and an e.webb or 4 clones, etc. This is really a stand-out piece and I think anyone who sacrifices to get it in the short term won't regret it.

being a primary ot collector i can definitely say once these are acquired the circle would be complete...............i don't out right buy many complete figures so in my mind i guess i could justify the price (closes eyes and says that over & over). this & an r2 def resonates with me.
Totally agreed, barryo. I don't think you'll regret the order. Plus, there's always that 1 in 125,000 chance that me and my work cohorts will win something in the lotto! :p

Back