Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wait till somebody gets 1 with a dent, and SSC tell them to destroy it. The die-cast would probably put up a fight :lol

I've gone from ruling this out at the beginning of the thread to can't-wait-to-order on Monday. Basically I'd rather have this 3PO than 2 Snowtroopers and an e.webb or 4 clones, etc. This is really a stand-out piece and I think anyone who sacrifices to get it in the short term won't regret it.
Agreed.

It's just a matter of budgeting for me now - you can see that these are quality pieces.

Ten bucks of reward points should make this an easy buy for me, but even so...

At $400, it's worth $20...that isn't very many reward points.
picture.php

Ugh, I was really hoping this was going to land near the Iron man die cast pricing (ie 300 ish) :(

400!!! Jeez I ll Stick with my medi.

Lucky for you. I passed up one on the bay that went for just over 100 because of this one. If confirmed pricing is this outrageous, I'll definitely be looking for the medi versions.

I got my medicom ones when play in the uk had them
On offer at £100 each. Really felt a lot at the time. Glad I bite the bullet now

Guess I should find a cheap Hasbro 4-Lom as well. If C3PO ends up at 400... :mad:

There's something with the Medicom C3PO's head that doesn't seem right. I think it might be that crown around the head and the overall shape. But when it's over $100 less, that one is beginning to make more sense.

Not being glib about it, because it is ridiculously expensive for what it is, but for the $100.00+, I'd rather get something I'll be totally satisfied with. I know with the Medi that the inaccuracies and scale would bug me more than any satisfaction I'd get with the price. Plus, the price is somewhat relative. Most of us have something we can either skip or cut back on to make up the difference. As a small example, when I was working downtown (I work from home now) I'd spend $5.00 per day at Starbuck's. So minimum $100.00+/month on coffee that I'm no longer spending and that can now go to 3PO (works perfectly with flex, coincidentally).

..but for the $100.00+, I'd rather get something I'll be totally satisfied with. I know with the Medi that the inaccuracies and scale would bug me more than any satisfaction I'd get with the price. Plus, the price is somewhat relative.
:exactly:

It's gonna be difficult to top this version of Threepio. Saving a few bucks & getting potentially, a considerably lesser quality piece, wouldn't tick my satisfaction box either. :lol

What might save my wallet is that 3PO is slated to be roughly 300mm... which makes him a tad too tall for a 1/6 rendition of the character (he shouldn't be taller than 280mm at that scale).

Hm, that is curious. I'd definitely like to see him posed side-by-side with another SSC character, just to get an idea of how he fits in. 20mm is pretty tiny, though, don't think it would bother me.

I guess i'll have to wait for a comparison shot with Luke before i make my mind then.

Ugh, I was really hoping this was going to land near the Iron man die cast pricing (ie 300 ish) :(

400!!! Jeez I ll Stick with my medi.

Guess I should find a cheap Hasbro 4-Lom as well. If C3PO ends up at 400... :mad:

It would be ashamed if Sideshow brought in another company that won't be attacked by breaking passed the $400 barrier.

If this is anywhere near $400, I'm out. A light-up doll is not worth nearly half a grand.

We definitely do seem to have set somewhere in the $375 range as the jumping off point for a lot of people. I think $325-350 is the limit for me - so this is going to be pins and needles till PO to find out if it is going to be that level - or more.

I'm sure when the bum rush of "Ordered!" posts comes in, my laptop screen will be head butted enough that I'll join at $400 - to my eternal shame and bankruptcy...

Jeez I wish SSC would have just done an amazing 1/6 Threepio and priced it in the $200-225 range. They hinted that they were working on it for years, now they appear to have dumped it and left us to the wolves.:(:mad::(:mad:

They aren't even answering Ask Sideshow questions any more, so not even any way to get a comment on where this Tamashii fig fits in.

Back