Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if the R2 unit featured in the gallery is an already existing item or the future companion of this chogokin 3PO.

Anyway, following Bespin Luke, a new height has been reached price wise with this 3PO.

Time to start saving for this and change my collecting habits while i'm at it.

I'm not blown away by the 9 pictures they've included. You would think at that price point they could give us a first class photo spread?

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg
pass.jpg

Wondering if the R2 unit featured in the gallery is an already existing item or the future companion of this chogokin 3PO.

Anyway, following Bespin Luke, a new height has been reached price wise with this 3PO.

Time to start saving for this and change my collecting habits while i'm at it.

i noticed in the pic of the pair of them R2's dome looks way too shiny, it looks chromed, more so than 3po, its like they got the finish on them the wrong way round, no way artoo's dome should be that chrome, it looks more like an old original kenner 12" dome!

*shakes head at Sideshow* Although it's nice to have the new pics, it seems like a pretty lazy release. Basically there's no new info here at all. And yeah, annoying to see the companion R2 in that one pic has a super chromed finish on his dome. I'm guessing it's an old pic, but crazy to think at these prices that they could mess up something so basic, even on a prototype.

his wires look too loose..............CANCELED !!!!!!!!!!!

What's with the hands... They all look same, almost. Just to say they've included hands? Totally unnecessary.

Just spoke to a customer service rep at Sideshow and she claims this IN NOT a sideshow product - only something they are helping distribute. She also CANNOT CONFIRM that the figure will be to scale with existing sideshow star wars figures - so your taking a gamble at this price. Perhaps this is all old news - just wanted to chime in.

I was ready to laugh when I expected a $300 price tag, but then I saw $400, and I'm just in shock.:slap

Unfortunately, I suspect there will be enough people who will pay that and send the message that it's okay to charge that much.

$400... no way, and honestly the metal just looks too dull for the price tage. At that much (not that I'd really pay it) I want a 100% accurate looking C-3PO. This seems to be the best one yet, but the metal is just unecessary and probably costs for a good part of the cost.

Ugh. I really want a 1/6th threepio, but at $399?! Yeah, diecast metal is cool, lite-up eyes are cool, but seriously, I can't validate that. In fact, I'd feel stupid for spending that on an action figure!

I just don't see how to justify the price. I could almost buy a Tumbler for that money.

I can justify $200 on a super-accurate SS C3PO. I could imagine that going up a bit for actual metal parts.... but an extra $200 for that metal?

Sigh.

Just spoke to a customer service rep at Sideshow and she claims this IN NOT a sideshow product - only something they are helping distribute. She also CANNOT CONFIRM that the figure will be to scale with existing sideshow star wars figures - so your taking a gamble at this price. Perhaps this is all old news - just wanted to chime in.
Hm, nope, that's all new news, actually. I know the figure's 300mm, so same height, I believe, as Bespin Luke, but still not sure how the girth of the figure would fit in with the others. I noticed Sideshow didn't include the scale comparison I usually see when looking for more info. They've basically given us nothing to go off of, so I'd have to agree that it's a pass for now. Even though I'd somewhat accepted the price, pulling the trigger on it is definitely more difficult when the pre-order's actually here and ready to be charged to one's CC. They really have marketed this terribly, IMO.

I was ready to laugh when I expected a $300 price tag, but then I saw $400, and I'm just in shock.:slap

Unfortunately, I suspect there will be enough people who will pay that and send the message that it's okay to charge that much.
I don't know, I could actually see this being a huge failure. I'd love to know how many orders they have right now for it. Basically, they've done nothing to break down peoples' price objections so I think most people will balk at the price. I guess it's not going to matter much to Sideshow, either way, though. Really no skin in the game as a distributor.

Last edited:
Step 1: $40 NRD
Step 2: Wait 11 months
Step 3: Receive damaged item & email customer service
Step 4: Get an email back in 2 weeks offering a $10 credit or return/refund
Step 5: Get refunded the wrong amount, either missing the original shipping cost or NRD cost

Back