Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the major difference between this and RAH? $400 is an expensive figure. Looks like there will be an R2 as well.
How does the RAH match up with SS 12"?

I agree with everyone--way too much. It's a nice figure, but too many little nitpicks to add up to the price. And who knows if the scale will be in line with the rest of the SS figures.

Lol all the hands do look the same at first glance! You have to really look carefully to see the differences!

And it seemed fairly obvious that this was not an official SS release. I was more surprised when people were talking so definitively about this finally being the real SS release. All signs just seemed to point to it being just a distribution partnership.

Sideshow reps indicated it was a dual Sideshow/Tamashii release. That's why everyone went from thinking Sideshow was merely a distributor to thinking it was the official 3PO.

Best 1/6 C-3PO existed !!! but not for $399 :(

I'm still loving my hasbro's :)

KP1_6676_merge80x120_800.jpg

Not sure if its been mentioned, but doesn't the R2 in the gallery pics look a tad small compared to c3po? whats going on, curse of the astromechs? (hasbro, medicom, potentially bandai, all undersize) This is assuming they haven't made C3PO 300mm aka 6 feet tall. Who would buy a protocol droid that tall if it were real :lol

If that were a premium format size I'd be all over it.

There's no way I can justify spending that kind of money on a 12".

Ah, so that's how it started.

So they're backtracking now?
Yep, which actually works out great. Really takes away any kind of motivation to pick this up if SSC will be releasing their own version down the road.

Not sure if its been mentioned, but doesn't the R2 in the gallery pics look a tad small compared to c3po? whats going on, curse of the astromechs? (hasbro, medicom, potentially bandai, all undersize) This is assuming they haven't made C3PO 300mm aka 6 feet tall. Who would buy a protocol droid that tall if it were real :lol
Dunno, they look pretty good to me, scale wise. According to Tamashii's site, 3PO is 300 mm.

Best 1/6 C-3PO existed !!! but not for $399 :(

I'm still loving my hasbro's :)

KP1_6676_merge80x120_800.jpg

IF Sideshow ever does make their own droids I doubt they will be much better than Hasbro's and certainly not that much better in quality for the price.

Yep, which actually works out great. Really takes any kind of motivation to pick this up if SSC will be releasing their own version down the road.

Dunno, they look pretty good to me, scale wise. According to Tamashii's site, 3PO is 300 mm.

R2 always comes up just a bit short of the circle on c3po's torso, in the gallery pics he comes up to approximately where the wires begin above his pelvis. Even with perspective in mind, it looks like they grew c3po or shrunk r2. 300mm is wrong, I hate how every 1/6th figure has to be 6 feet. Understandable if bodies have to be re-used, but for a fresh design its sloppy. Really cool figure though if you don't care about the price

Damn, really liked the actual wiring Tamashii used on this release. Hope Sideshow will keep that for their own 3PO.

So one semi informed service rep has made this "officially" no longer a Sideshow release?.......You guys are silly :lol

So one semi informed service rep has made this "officially" no longer a Sideshow release?.......You guys are silly :lol
Lol, yeah, true. It would just work out best if it's not, so it's convenient to clutch at it as the truth. To be honest, I'm kinda burned-out now on the lack of details and speculation on this piece, so happy that I've reversed myself and moved this into the 'pass' column. Take that, Soul of Chogokin!![/echo]

I'm planning how to do it for my medicom tc-14 right now lol, a great look
Yep, really took it to the next level, in terms of detail.

I know right?
During SDCC the display even had the "Heroes of the Rebellion" label...
SS won't release the Droids any time soon...

Pass.... I'd rather buy the Medi set.

:panic:

I was really looking forward to ordering this. The price is ludicrous and the pictures don't blow me away. It comes with almost no accessories and there's no promise that the scale would be right.

Pass. :(

Back