Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really looking forward to ordering this. The price is ludicrous and the pictures don't blow me away. It comes with almost no accessories and there's no promise that the scale would be right.

Pass. :(

want to order but can't........:gah:

damn you logic.......:mad:
Yeah, I was sure I was getting it, too, but just can't justify the purchase either.

It's even stipulated in the spec tab

Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles and Tamashii Nations
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Sideshow sure has made this confusing.

Best 1/6 C-3PO existed !!! but not for $399 :(

I'm still loving my hasbro's :)

KP1_6676_merge80x120_800.jpg

Yep, for the price and a bit of work they're more than sufficient. I think R2 is actually quite good in terms of scale and detailing. C-3PO is a bit tall, has odd proportions and the head is very off... but again for around $30-$50 for a set you can't go wrong compared to $400 for Medicom or $800 for Tamashii :lol :lol

Where is Nam to tell us we are just poor titty babies who can't afford it so we are just hating to justify not purchasing it?

:lol

Stepping up.

You are just poor titty babies who can't afford it so you are just hating to justify not purchasing it.

Ah well, too much for me. And R2 looks too small again. Helps me to NOT buy this great looking figure. I'm sure Sideshow's will be (hopefully) better! ;)

And $400 it is.

I see this as nothing more than an experiment to see if they can push the license into the $400 plus range.

If it doesn't work, SS will give us their own version of the droids next year at $250 and we'll be happy. Thus, they've pushed us into $250 range.

They laugh at us.

I haven't noticed a single poster on this thread yet report that they've preordered this guy.

Too expsensive for my taste. I'm happy with my Medicom version. But I love the shine off of R2's dome!! Very sleek looking.

I agree, I think we'll see cheaperSideshow versions someday eventually, probably a couple years from now.

Of course by then Sideshows average figure prices will be $200+ and the droids will be $300 a piece and everyone will be happy to pay it.

Pfft.

BIG C@C@!

You're right. Sideshow will release theirs in 3 years and it'll only be $300 and everyone will rejoice at the super amazing price.

:cool:

And $400 it is.

I see this as nothing more than an experiment to see if they can push the license into the $400 plus range.

If it doesn't work, SS will give us their own version of the droids next year at $250 and we'll be happy. Thus, they've pushed us into $250 range.

They laugh at us.

That's been my guess all along, but I'm less optimistic about their eventual price.

I just bought my C-3PO. $32 including postage and hardcover book.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E8JB8Q/ref=ox_ya_os_product[/ame]

I just bought my C-3PO. $32 including postage and hardcover book.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E8JB8Q/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I did something similar... I won a lot of those 3 "masterpiece" figures for $40 shipped. Worked out as I actually wanted the C-3PO and Anakin for customs. The Sing figure will either be tossed up hoping to make a few bucks back or I might go ahead and see if I can make it look better and sell it for a decent turn around.

Back