Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did something similar... I won a lot of those 3 "masterpiece" figures for $40 shipped. Worked out as I actually wanted the C-3PO and Anakin for customs. The Sing figure will either be tossed up hoping to make a few bucks back or I might go ahead and see if I can make it look better and sell it for a decent turn around.

How was the 3PO?

Well the pre-order gave us no new info other than price.

Are the knees articulated? What else is articulated? How does it measure up in scale to other Sideshow figures etc? How much metal is it made of, it'd be nice if its a heavy well constructed item.

I'm tempted still but I want to know more, not handing over $400 for too many unknowns.

Where is Nam to tell us we are just poor titty babies who can't afford it so we are just hating to justify not purchasing it?

:lol

but isn't that what were doing?..:dunno

damn that thing is just crappy looking for $400..........if it was 175-200 it would be perfect in every way..........:panic:

:lol

They also lie: they say that they are first with "asymmetrical legs of threepio" (meaning the markings), but Hasbro also got that right -- I just noticed on my talking 12" threepio yesterday.

Well the pre-order gave us no new info other than price.

Are the knees articulated? What else is articulated? How does it measure up in scale to other Sideshow figures etc? How much metal is it made of, it'd be nice if its a heavy well constructed item.

I'm tempted still but I want to know more, not handing over $400 for too many unknowns.

The picture on Facebook has it sitting on a scale and coming it at .95 kilograms, which is a hair over 2 pounds.

I just have been deluding myself into think ing this was going to land around 300 to 325 (like other 12" die cast seem to be doing) then be available for 250ish through some dealers or aftermarkets.

I am full on bummed that they are MSRPing this for 400 bucks.
Unless someone gets this in hand and this has unheard of articulation I just don't see it in my future. :(

IT better be real gold plated for me to spend that kind of money what a rip off !!!

How was the 3PO?

I'll have him on Wednesday... but I've owned one before and it's a decent figure. Articulation at the ankles, knees, hips, waste, shoulders, wrists (I think) and head. So not bad and honestly on a shelf w/other 1/6 figures he'll look just fine.

I plan to give him a good weathering to look as he did throughout ANH and just keep him until Sideshow offers a better alternative.

I'll have him on Wednesday... but I've owned one before and it's a decent figure. Articulation at the ankles, knees, hips, waste, shoulders, wrists (I think) and head. So not bad and honestly on a shelf w/other 1/6 figures he'll look just fine.

I plan to give him a good weathering to look as he did throughout ANH and just keep him until Sideshow offers a better alternative.

Cool. I have a few Kenner figures sprinkled in on my SS shelf. Many of them look just fine. I like that this one has the removable limbs and the bag for Chewie to carry him.

My most recent one was Admiral Akbar. He's great for the price.

So was actually inclined to buy this but the gallery changed by mind.

The reason is that the light-up eyes are ultimately a detriment, as in the figure looks dead without the light on. A display-worthy C-3PO has to have a faux lit effect to really display well.

Don't know why some people are surprised @ the price,
it's been known for weeks now... :dunno

Official website is updated with pics & specs & the price...
https://tamashii.jp/special/12PM/c3po.html

33,600yen which is around $426USD
I guess this will be a pass for most ppl.

It will be a bit cheaper with some distributors, but not too much... maybe around the $375.00 range at best...

I just have been deluding myself into think ing this was going to land around 300 to 325 (like other 12" die cast seem to be doing) then be available for 250ish through some dealers or aftermarkets.

I am full on bummed that they are MSRPing this for 400 bucks.
Unless someone gets this in hand and this has unheard of articulation I just don't see it in my future. :(
Yep, I hear you. It's a great looking figure and the detail is fantastic, but $400.00... At $250.00 I wouldn't have had any doubts, but so much of the expense just seems to be the usual Japanese import mark-up and I'm assuming Sideshow's distribution take, as well. As someone else mentioned, for $100.00 more, you're looking at getting an HT Tumbler.

How heavy is a SS SW figure normally?
I wouldn't want to guess, but very light. IG-88, for example, feels extremely light and fragile. This 3PO would have some real heft in comparison.

I just cleared a closet out this weekend and found my old "dirty" Hasbro 12" 3PO -- the one that talks and lights up -- and I tried him on the shelf with the other Sideshow figs... truth is, the Hasbro 3PO really didn't fit in IMHO. Even against the old Tatooine Luke and ANH Han from Sideshow, the 3PO still looked inappropriate and toyish.

If only the Medi-PO was good scale.

I was fully prepared to spend silly money on this too, as it seemed to be the ultimate version (and still may be). I'm kind of OK paying more if I know I'll never need another one. I customize, so I tend to put more money into figs anyway to get my best version. This looked like one and done. I'm one of the few who bought and enjoy UU Luke, but just can't do it here, not at full msrp. I'll be waiting to see what SS can do as well. I'm sure it will be awesome for those who get it. Looking forward to different pics though.

i still think this product is aimed at c3po & r2 collectors rather than 1/6th sw collectors. even though i'm sure a few of those will get these as well.

damn i'm still tempted.........i will have to drink on this........:lecture

Back