Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Perfect Model Chogokin C-3PO (THREEPIO) Figure

Probably ~$425.00 from Sideshow and ~$400.00 from a reseller like BBTS.

Is gonna be dang expensive but I'll be signing up for it because I can't see a better one ever being made. Plus I'm going to skip some stuff that was previously must buy, like the Snowies and e.Webb.

$400 and it is metal with wires. it does light up, now if it talks back. Worth the money.

Yep, I hear you. It's a great looking figure and the detail is fantastic, but $400.00... At $250.00 I wouldn't have had any doubts, but so much of the expense just seems to be the usual Japanese import mark-up and I'm assuming Sideshow's distribution take, as well. As someone else mentioned, for $100.00 more, you're looking at getting an HT Tumbler.

At $65 more even!

i still think this product is aimed at c3po & r2 collectors rather than 1/6th sw collectors. even though i'm sure a few of those will get these as well.

damn i'm still tempted.........i will have to drink on this........:lecture

Don't do it, last time I did that I order two Tumbers.

Thanks, just order it. Shipping is a killer but then again $400+tax+shipping from SSC vs this.

Worst case scenario, we get the accessories and the hardcover book. Hard to lose at this price.

And I don't expect we'll see any $200+ versions of 3PO designed to go in Chewbacca's backpack!

I just bought my C-3PO. $32 including postage and hardcover book.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E8JB8Q/ref=ox_ya_os_product

I did something similar... I won a lot of those 3 "masterpiece" figures for $40 shipped. Worked out as I actually wanted the C-3PO and Anakin for customs. The Sing figure will either be tossed up hoping to make a few bucks back or I might go ahead and see if I can make it look better and sell it for a decent turn around.

I'll have him on Wednesday... but I've owned one before and it's a decent figure. Articulation at the ankles, knees, hips, waste, shoulders, wrists (I think) and head. So not bad and honestly on a shelf w/other 1/6 figures he'll look just fine.

I plan to give him a good weathering to look as he did throughout ANH and just keep him until Sideshow offers a better alternative.

I got my Threepios and Anakins for $5 each at closeouts at Borders books back in the day - they couldn't get rid of them toward the end. There were mountains of them. :slap

And the articulation on Threepio isn't very good - there is no wrist articulation and the waist technically moves but it's in the millimeters - but that pull apart version (that came with the book) is better than the regular because the arms can be posed with the shoulder pins slightly out so he can widen his arms a bit like in the movie. Either way, he's a giant - the Hasbro figs in general were taller than the high end stuff and Threepio is beefy as well as tall, especially next to R2.

Interesting off-topic - speaking of deep clearances, I got stunning deals at KB Toys before it closed (3 3/4" gunship for $8, Jedi star fighter for $4) but just read that article about how Mitt Romney's company pulled a Gordon Gecko on KB - bled it dry, forced it into liquidation and walked away with tens of millions of profit. Now I feel so bad about all those deals...

I got my Threepios and Anakins for $5 each at closeouts at Borders books back in the day - they couldn't get rid of them toward the end. There were mountains of them. :slap

And the articulation on Threepio isn't very good - there is no wrist articulation and the waist technically moves but it's in the millimeters - but that pull apart version (that came with the book) is better than the regular because the arms can be posed with the shoulder pins slightly out so he can widen his arms a bit like in the movie. Either way, he's a giant - the Hasbro figs in general were taller than the high end stuff and Threepio is beefy as well as tall, especially next to R2.

Interesting off-topic - speaking of deep clearances, I got stunning deals at KB Toys before it closed (3 3/4" gunship for $8, Jedi star fighter for $4) but just read that article about how Mitt Romney's company pulled a Gordon Gecko on KB - bled it dry, forced it into liquidation and walked away with tens of millions of profit. Now I feel so bad about all those deals...

I'll never forgive Romney for KB. That's personal.

i still think this product is aimed at c3po & r2 collectors rather than 1/6th sw collectors. even though i'm sure a few of those will get these as well.

damn i'm still tempted.........i will have to drink on this........:lecture

I was all down for this pending the unanswered questions being addressed with the PO details.. but it appears they weren't, so I'm more than happy to pass. I'd rather have the known niggles with the medi pair than the unknown niggles with this pair.

I just cleared a closet out this weekend and found my old "dirty" Hasbro 12" 3PO -- the one that talks and lights up -- and I tried him on the shelf with the other Sideshow figs... truth is, the Hasbro 3PO really didn't fit in IMHO. Even against the old Tatooine Luke and ANH Han from Sideshow, the 3PO still looked inappropriate and toyish.

If only the Medi-PO was good scale.

How bad is the medi? C3PO is fairly slight of build, is it even close to being passable?

How bad is the medi? C3PO is fairly slight of build, is it even close to being passable?

Some people don't seem to mind it, but I've seen others express surprise/shock at just how small (and light - maybe the reason SSC showed the Tam one on a scale) it is in hand. For some, it just doesn't look in scale at all - I'm one of those people. The headsculpt is a little off too, but because of all the reflections and angles, it's not too noticeable.

Some have also expressed surprise at how limited the articulation is (no elbows, legs very limited,) though it is Threepio, so not sure what they were expecting.

It comes down to how you remember Threepio. He in fact was taller than Luke (with suit on) and there has to be a Luke sized man inside the suit, but if in your mind he was small and thin, then it's okay.

It's like the 3 3/4" Leia figures were for years only a little shorter than Han and Luke, now they are the correct scale (i.e. way tiny compared to them) but no one really noticed/complained until Hasbro made the change.

just saw the price of this guy...wow $400! i knew that's what the guestimation was but hoped for cheaper. I'm out at the price. will love to see pics from those that are getting him though this does make me hopefully that SSC still has plans to make theirs

Last edited:
I'll stick with the more than good medicom.

LOL@ people that cry about scale.

(not even an issue unless your OCD)

Looks cool, but not 400$ cool!

It comes down to how you remember Threepio. He in fact was taller than Luke (with suit on) and there has to be a Luke sized man inside the suit, but if in your mind he was small and thin, then it's okay.

Yeah, I forgot a man who is reported to be 5'7 to 5'9 and was cast partially because he was "so slight of build" he fit in the suit with no modifications is SO HUGE. Of course if hes a hair taller than Hamill, well he must be a Titan. :lol

Big if you're a hobbit I guess

I'll stick with the more than good medicom.

LOL@ people that cry about scale.

(not even an issue unless your OCD)

Looks cool, but not 400$ cool!

Nevermind, googled some pics. Go take your meds, nutcase.

Last edited:
Leaving aside the scale, I hate the Medi's midsection. The painted on wires look atrocious, especially for $250.00.

Back