Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leaving aside the scale, I hate the Medi's midsection. The painted on wires look atrocious, especially for $250.00.

Can't wait to see somebody gut it and mod it with real wires. Then it will blow the Tamashii away.

Leaving aside the scale, I hate the Medi's midsection. The painted on wires look atrocious, especially for $250.00.

I just googled some comparison pics, he is extra short to boot. :(
Probably doesn't have a body that lends to extending in any way either.

Hopefully this sells like crap and theres alot of low buck spots to pick it up down the road. To those actually preordering, can't wait to see your in hands.

At $400, I'll have to do a lot of thinking on this.
February 2013 release means more time to save, I guess.

Why does it say "talking version"? Is this a re-release with a new feature?

Yeah, it's a re-release with recorded phrases - the other difference is that the right foot is gold, and the previous release had a silver foot.

R2 is getting a re-release too.

Yeah, it's a re-release with recorded phrases - the other difference is that the right foot is gold, and the previous release had a silver foot.

R2 is getting a re-release too.

Medicom, like Hot Toys, likes to pull out the v.2.0 card i.e. Boba Fett, Jango, Vader and the droids.

Some Star Wars fan I am! When did he have two gold feet? I thought that whole lower leg and foot was silver. :cuckoo:

So was actually inclined to buy this but the gallery changed by mind.

The reason is that the light-up eyes are ultimately a detriment, as in the figure looks dead without the light on. A display-worthy C-3PO has to have a faux lit effect to really display well.

Considering that C-3PO has been in the films with his eyes turned off, so we know what that looks like, and this lights up like he actually does, when his are on, I disagree. This is a great feature. It helps to make the representation all the more accurate.

But how often are you gonna leave it turned on? That has been the problem with all battery operated electronic toys. Cool? Yes, but more often than not they spend most of their time sitting on the shelf. Unless they can come up with an AC power solution that can be left always-on, forget it.

My Tron lightcycle spends its time turned off in a glass display case. I hardly take it out.

Some Star Wars fan I am! When did he have two gold feet? I thought that whole lower leg and foot was silver. :cuckoo:

Quote from medi thread:

BOTH are accurate. He had a silver shin AND foot in ANH, and just a silver shin with gold foot in ESB and ROTJ. But the dent on his right chest was only in ANH.

So the re-release is a part V and VI version it seems, but if it has the dent it's a *yuk hybrid version owing to detail oversight by medi.

Can't wait to see somebody gut it and mod it with real wires. Then it will blow the Tamashii away.

IMG_9538.jpg

$250? You can pick this up brand new for around $200 shipped from amiami.

https://www.amiami.com/top/detail/d...tar+wars+c-3po$pagemax=100$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

And this Tamashii version can be had for $345 + shipping from the same place:

https://www.amiami.com/top/detail/d...tar+wars+c-3po$pagemax=100$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Hmm... this just fell within my price range.

Last edited:
Back