Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging from those pics, are we still saying the Medicom 3PO is too short and the Tamashii is right on?

Medi c3po works out being 5 foot 7 if it were 1:1, if the bandai is 300m (IF) then hes too tall, but that is perhaps better due to most figures being 300mm too

comparison between medi protocol droid and a 300mm figure (all my sw figs are on tt slims so are about a cm shorter so they arent in the pic)

IMG_0582.jpg

he's 5foot7, those guys are 6foot, 6'1 with helmets, wor-gar knows this pic :lol

also on tamashii's site

'Elbows feature working cylinders A world first for the 12 inch figure scale.The stomach detailing utilizes actual wires: another world first.Knee-backs with asymmetrical detailing: yet another world first.'

Despite them making it sound like you're buying a luxury car, I don't think this fig is the first to have those features!

also on tamashii's site

'Elbows feature working cylinders A world first for the 12 inch figure scale.The stomach detailing utilizes actual wires: another world first.Knee-backs with asymmetrical detailing: yet another world first.'

Despite them making it sound like you're buying a luxury car, I don't think this fig is the first to have those features!
Like Wor-Gar says, the asymmetrical knees is a blatant lie but I don't recall any 1:6 3POs with real wiring or working cylinders.

In regards to the height, if you check Tamashii's site, 3PO is listed at 300mm (so we'll hear no more of this "IF" business! :p). I think maybe their collaboration with SSC was just to ensure their line scales with SSC's NA line. There's another blurb on the site talking about how they are adopting the NA scale.

Yeah, when I read it I thought they meant out of any 12 inch figure, this is the first to have cylinders and wires lol

Even if it is the lower 10,000 units there is no way they'll sell enough at $400 a pop.

WG's right, this will be had for a good deal before too long. And if I can get it for closer to $200ish (maybe even $250) I'd probably jump.

R2, not so much... I think Hasbro is close enough on that one.

Even if it is the lower 10,000 units there is no way they'll sell enough at $400 a pop.

WG's right, this will be had for a good deal before too long. And if I can get it for closer to $200ish (maybe even $250) I'd probably jump.

R2, not so much... I think Hasbro is close enough on that one.

countin' on you buddy to find that killer deal for us...........:hi5:

Anybody remember when they clearanced out all of the Code 3 high-end diecast at Walmart for more than half the original price? I say this will be Code 3 all over again.

I still lament I missed the play.com sale in the uk for the medicom c3po, it went for £50!!! its usually near £200 here! Put that into dollars to make your eyes water

So........is this going to be Sideshow's C3PO, or will they come out with thier own? This is just a bit pricey for me.

Nobody knows right now. Even Sideshow employees seem to be unable to settle the case

Anybody remember when they clearanced out all of the Code 3 high-end diecast at Walmart for more than half the original price? I say this will be Code 3 all over again.

Thats my hope. :lol

Why is is companies keep getting R2's height wrong? I know in my mind I tend to make him smaller than what he is... but just look at any pic of them next to one another :huh

Same dumb issue with Medicom... I can see past the overall height issue on them, but at least have them be in scale to one another :huh

As far as I know there the only version of R2-D2 that is the correct scale is the Taito one with the digital clock. Great "figure", I ended up repainting mine and adding more details.

Medi c3po works out being 5 foot 7 if it were 1:1, if the bandai is 300m (IF) then hes too tall, but that is perhaps better due to most figures being 300mm too

comparison between medi protocol droid and a 300mm figure (all my sw figs are on tt slims so are about a cm shorter so they arent in the pic)

IMG_0582.jpg

he's 5foot7, those guys are 6foot, 6'1 with helmets, wor-gar knows this pic :lol

Mark Hamill's height is reported as either 5'-7" (170cm) or 5-9" (175cm) - though the 5'-9" seems a little more common.

So I took those two pics I posted and blew them up on a large monitor so that Mark Hamill was exactly 1/6 of both 170cm and 175cm - 28.3cm and 29.2cm - then proportionately scaled what Threepio should be.

Threepio's height - to the top of that pointer thingy on top of his head - in 1/6 should be either 29cm or 29.5cm, depending on which Hamill height you go with. The 5'-9" (175) seems more common, so best guess - based on the best pics I have seen of the two characters shown full body in the right orientation... is 29.5cm.

Which would make the Medi (at a hair under 28cm) too short and the Tama (at 30cm) too tall!:gah:

Ultimately, I guess it really depends on how tall both HT and Sideshow have made their Lukes (or how tall you make them based on body choice)... because that's who Tama Threepio will be posed with, not a literal Luke/Hamill shrunk to 1/6 size...

Last edited:
Nobody knows right now. Even Sideshow employees seem to be unable to settle the case

Ask a good question, get a boilerplate answer...

Me... "will Sideshow be doing their own C-3PO 1/6 figure, or does the one that just went up for pre-order constitute Sideshow's 1/6 C-3PO?"

SSC CS... "I am sorry, but our Customer Service Team is not made aware of what products may be in development stages.

Product development questions are best submitted through our "Ask Sideshow" link which can be found under the Experience section on our website. Questions submitted there are answered by our Product Development team."

Of course we all know that Ask Sideshow hasn't answered a SW-related question since early May, also known as... FIVE MONTHS AGO.

Back