Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks accurate, best way to tell is on the prototype, the grey matte finish is easier to see, the gold finish can distort the angles, shape etc.

I'm buying it, Sold!

SSC have had long enough to do them ,they're not getting my money.:pfft:

Did you go ahead and preorder already?

Any idea when R2 will be up for pre-order? I'm curious about the price and height. If 3PO is in scale, 11 1/2 inches, then R2 will be too short once again. But if he is 12 inches, too tall, then R2 might be in scale. Of course it will all depend on price as well.

Any idea when R2 will be up for pre-order? I'm curious about the price and height. If 3PO is in scale, 11 1/2 inches, then R2 will be too short once again. But if he is 12 inches, too tall, then R2 might be in scale. Of course it will all depend on price as well.

So either way, one won't be in scale? For $400 they should be perfect, IMO.

some pics

617046_544539855571686_2107846310_o.jpg

57400_544539908905014_1311993780_o.jpg

that paint looks a bit better than what some of the other pics have shown.
damn...........this is making me think again...........:gah:

Looks like you had a chance to pose the figure a bit.

What did it feel like?
Is the build quality pretty solid or does it feel like the figure could break?

I got to play around with the one in crasis' video at NYCC. The weight alone doesn't make it fell like a 1/6 figure to me. It's super heavy. Someone else mentioned that they thought it would break if it went down. After having it in hand, I definitely can see that happening. And you wouldn't want it on the top shelf of your detolf, because if it went down, I think it's going ALL the way down. Like to the floor thru all the shelves. The rep at the show didn't speak English well so it was hard to get answers out of her. She did say it can't stand without a stand for what that's worth.

I was there all 4 days and crasis' video was shot on Friday while 3PO was still alive. By Sunday the cylinders (which are plastic BTW) were broken and the elbows and knees were locked. That's not a good indication of how sturdy this is because that place is a nut house and he probably got manhandled by 30,000 people in those 3 days. But his right leg was locked by the time I found it on Fri (1st day), just like you see in the video.

So my opinion: working cylinders/articulating elbows, real wires, change out hands, Restraining bolt, Comlink (I didn't see the bolt, Comlink or other sets of hands in person)= awesome

But it just felt more like I was handling my old Voltron than a 1/6 figure. I honestly prefer my Medi set over these two despite all the flaws with the Medi. IMO I think a perfect offering would be a mix of the Medi and this. Proper scale, change out hands, better articulation, accessories, etc but made of plastic.

:lecture Great feedback. Thanks for that.

Yeah, sure sounds like that C3PO was whored-out during the show.

I'm liking almost everything about this figure.
I wish only that they work on the color for the final production piece.

Thanks for the feedback PCK :) I'm actually really happy that this figure is super heavy. To me the lack of weight in figures that look as though they should be heavier is always a bit of a disappointment (ie Iron Man etc). Not being able to stand on its own is a bit of a bummer, but most of my figures are fastened to the wall with fishing line anyhow, so this'll get that treatment too I guess. It would've been nice if the bits they'd made out of metal were the bits that'd have to take the most stress, ie the cylinders.

I'm still confident the finish on the end product will be fine.

Yeah, that diecast Voltron can take a beating, actually.

The only issue is the paint. Mine has chipped paint.
Then again, I'm not going to swoosh and play with C3PO like I did Voltron.

Hopefully the painting process has improved and there are no more issues.

No?!?! I swoosh and play with my 3PO. You should give it a go sometime, it's a blast! :wink1: :lol

I guess I can see how people would like the weight. Personally the way something can be out of scale size wise, this feels out of scale weight wise if that makes sense. Like its obviously a 1/6 fig, but because of the weight it comes across as something different to me. IDK weird. But for those who like the idea of the weight, then you'll love this guy.

I will say that they cylinders were very cool and worked in a very realistic way. I'm not sure if plastic is just not a good idea, or if plastic just couldn't withstand the mayhem at Comic Con

And about standing on his own, that's what the rep said but I'm not sure if she fully understood my question. So it's still a bit unclear to me. I do think that if he does go down, there will be a minor earthquake to follow.

I welcome the additional weight.
I've always wanted the Iron Man line from Hot Toys to be built from metal.

What would be more appropriate for such a figure?

Anyway, thanks again for the feedback.
This C3PO is still on my radar.

Yea the more I'm talking about it it's starting to creep onto my radar too :lol

But I do think I still like the Medi R2 better than this and if I mixed this 3PO and the Medi R2, then R2 will look even more out of scale. Decisions, decisions.....

I thought about doing that too.

This Perfect Model C3PO is pretty much "bought". I could live with the finish they have on him now, but I really hope they still improve it.

R2, on the other hand... if that chrome-dome we see in the pics and at the con are the final finish, I'm looking elsewhere for one.

Back