Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice brochure.

Tamashii Nations seems to be content with this finish of C3PO. :(

I dunno... I might have this wrong, but I seem to recall the medi 3-po looking pretty dull in just about every single promo pic, and it was only once it was released that folks got an idea of how shiny it was.

I mean, clutching at straws here, but still hopin' :)

i wish i can get this figure just too much for the 1/6 figure, but this figure totally piece of art...

The guy mentions that the R2 is pending licensing approval.. & that they may need to sell a certain amount of C-3PO figures to make R2 worthwhile financially. I don't think it makes a difference.

If this 3PO ends up being definitive (or close to) - that's the main thing, because someone will eventually make a definitive R2 anyway - irrespective of Tamashii pulling their finger out - or otherwise. :huh :lol

The guy mentions that the R2 is pending licensing approval.. & that they may need to sell a certain amount of C-3PO figures to make R2 worthwhile financially. I don't think it makes a difference.

If this 3PO ends up being definitive (or close to) - that's the main thing, because someone will eventually make a definitive R2 anyway - irrespective of Tamashii pulling their finger out - or otherwise. :huh :lol

R2's just not really an issue. There are so many other options that are "fine" - the Hasbro is pretty damn nice (despite being an inch too small), the correctly scaled Taito clock, even the forever-delayed Gentle Giant 1/6 statue (which probably has about as much articulation/features as an action figure) and the also-undersized Medi one. They all look pretty good with 1/6 figs eve if slightly undersized, maybe because R2 isn't human-scaled. Even diehards don't really know how tall R2 is supposed to be, just vaguely waist height.

The big problem is there's just no good 1/6 Threepio at all - the closest, the Medi, is really nice but just too small to work at full 1/6 and the head is a bit off. The Hasbro is too tall and hefty and the head is way off too (and oversized.) The "1/6" vinyl Threepio kit some have used is in actuality pretty much the same size as the Medi, maybe even a touch smaller.

It's the reason that this Threepio has to be it - there is nothing out there except things worthy of the very back of a display where a flash of gold is it.

I understand your position.

Makes for a nice display.

shelf_unit_empty3.jpg

Is that the Hasbro or Taito clock R2 not on the middle shelf to the left of where 3PO isn't?

Is that the Hasbro or Taito clock R2 not on the middle shelf to the left of where 3PO isn't?

LOL!!!! I get what I want and not worry about when the "definitive" figure will come out.

I had a medicom DK for years before the DX12 came out and sold it for more than what I paid for the new one. If another one comes out that is better or more "definitive" than the one you have or the last one that came out that's called progress. They will always continue to improve these over and over again. That's the great part about collecting these is that they almost always retain their value if not increase so if you had to have "the" best you can sell and buy again.

To not participate is to not live.

Do or do not, there is no try.

Ok.. :lol

We're all different. I'm just happy to sit it out, till a version pops up that I'm personally wowed over.

I'm glad I have focused preferences - it means I get to truly enjoy what I buy, & not just fill 'gaps'.

There's leeway in those preferences of course, but I relish the uncluttered simplicity of my collection at this point. :)

I'm getting tempted by the 3PO, but not the R2. What's the point if the scale is off?

Ok.. :lol

We're all different. I'm just happy to sit it out, till a version pops up that I'm personally wowed over.

I'm glad I have focused preferences - it means I get to truly enjoy what I buy, & not just fill 'gaps'.

There's leeway in those preferences of course, but I relish the uncluttered simplicity of my collection at this point. :)

Always buy what turns you on. This is why I canceled the med come vader.

R2's just not really an issue. There are so many other options that are "fine" - the Hasbro is pretty damn nice (despite being an inch too small), the correctly scaled Taito clock, even the forever-delayed Gentle Giant 1/6 statue (which probably has about as much articulation/features as an action figure) and the also-undersized Medi one. They all look pretty good with 1/6 figs eve if slightly undersized, maybe because R2 isn't human-scaled. Even diehards don't really know how tall R2 is supposed to be, just vaguely waist height.

The big problem is there's just no good 1/6 Threepio at all - the closest, the Medi, is really nice but just too small to work at full 1/6 and the head is a bit off. The Hasbro is too tall and hefty and the head is way off too (and oversized.) The "1/6" vinyl Threepio kit some have used is in actuality pretty much the same size as the Medi, maybe even a touch smaller.

It's the reason that this Threepio has to be it - there is nothing out there except things worthy of the very back of a display where a flash of gold is it.
Agreed about R2. There's enough either on the market or in the works for me not to care if Tamashii pulls out of making one.

In regards to C3PO, do you think Tamashii's is the most accurate compared to what's already out?

I still think it's not perfect, but it's the closest one so far. I would just like to hear what others have to say about it.

Back