Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea the more I'm talking about it it's starting to creep onto my radar too :lol

But I do think I still like the Medi R2 better than this and if I mixed this 3PO and the Medi R2, then R2 will look even more out of scale. Decisions, decisions.....

Did you happen to notice how tall he was? Exactly 12 inches would be too tall. I was hoping for 11 1/2. If he really is 12 inches tall then the r2 might be in proper scale. Fingers crossed.

I thought about doing that too.

This Perfect Model C3PO is pretty much "bought". I could live with the finish they have on him now, but I really hope they still improve it.

R2, on the other hand... if that chrome-dome we see in the pics and at the con are the final finish, I'm looking elsewhere for one.

Yea I'm gonna start keeping my eye on 3PO now to see what direction this goes. It's annoying if they get the height wrong but the main thing I'm concerned about is how the Medi R2 will measure up to him. For me, unless they change the whole paint up on he perfect R2, I'm sticking with the Medi. This R2 looks like he had a major acid bath. The chrome dome is a deal breaker alone but on top of that he's lacks major weathering. WAY too crispy white.

As for 3PO, the main deal breaker for me will be the finish. If this dull paint up is final, I rather stick with the Medi for this too. Although it is sacrificing a lot of bells and whistles that the Tamashii includes, I need my golden Ewok God to be bling blingin'.

Did you happen to notice how tall he was? Exactly 12 inches would be too tall. I was hoping for 11 1/2. If he really is 12 inches tall then the r2 might be in proper scale. Fingers crossed.

It's hard to judge an exact height since there was nothing really around to compare it to. But if I had to guesstimate based solely on memory, I'd say if it's taller than the Medi, it's by 1/4-1/2".

What 3PO is that? A Hasbro with custom wiring?

I don't have the Hasbros but it looks like yours measure up better and the R2 looks bigger than the Medi. Medi C3PO= 11", R2=6" (maybe 1/16-1/8" shorter than 6"). My R2 standing upright doesn't even make it to the lowest point of 3PO's wiring.

That's actually my modified Medi 3PO. He was originally 11 1/4 inch but I raised his height up another quarter of an inch. Maybe it was a full half-inch I can't remember. Anyway raised his height by putting a longer peg in his midsection then wrapped it in black fabric and added the wires for a more realistic look. Now he is exactly the right height even though he may not be exactly in scale. I would like to see a little bit beefier C-3 PO and if the Tamoshi is as tall as you say it might be the way to go.

That being said it still means that this Artoo will be too short. Looks like he will still be a bit taller than Medi but shorter than the Taito. RT you should be about 7 1/16 to 1/18 of an inch. Hell I'd even take 7 inches even.

From what I read on here, arent they making a ton of these?

Looking forward to the bargain bin for these two.

Why? Then all you are collecting junk that no one else wants. Why the price is high these are metals and wires. I don't see this one selling out fast till R2D2 is put up or the ES is put out.

That's what she said... and then I said, "sorry, can't help ya Miss" waka waka

Your mods threw me for a loop. I couldn't figure out which one he was :lol.
Good job on him :hi5:

Actually the first thing I thought was that "the perfect" 3PO was bulkier. But again, it's tough to go on memory. You really need them side by side to compare accurately.

I thought I was bad. I just put away my Shoguns. 2 I had since I was a kid.

No way, my Voltron is still on display. Diecast '84 version. I remember getting it as an 8 year old, it's stood the test of time in both quality and coolness.:lol

This Threepio will do the same.

fa
Which two do you have, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind. Not feeling good right now so the names don't come to me. I have all 3 of them. The ones I have as a kid has the rocket hand and the other the sword. No box on any of them. I also have the comics.

Btw. I still have two hw. Twin Mill & red Baron. Since 1971, My father work for Mattel..

No way, my Voltron is still on display. Diecast '84 version. I remember getting it as an 8 year old, it's stood the test of time in both quality and coolness.:lol

This Threepio will do the same.

I need to move some things around, they will be put back out. I put Robbie & Cylon 1/1 (I had to move everything on that wall). I don't box anything, if it's not out. I sell it.

Sorry for posting this AGAIN but just in case anyone was looking for a correct 1/6 scale R2 like the one in this pic

attachment.php
it's for sale here. A little steep since I got mine for $40.00 shipped but at least everyone will know where to get one.

https://www.japtou.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=14741

attachment.php
attachment.php

It is a full 7 inches tall and fully articulated including third retractable leg.
attachment.php

Perfect scale for R2. Much taller and wider than hasbro. Looks great in this shot too.

fa

I don't mind. Not feeling good right now so the names don't come to me. I have all 3 of them. The ones I have as a kid has the rocket hand and the other the sword. No box on any of them. I also have the comics.

Btw. I still have two hw. Twin Mill & red Baron. Since 1971, My father work for Mattel..

Nice!
Raideen, Combattra, and Danguard Ace. :yess:

Sorry for posting this AGAIN but just in case anyone was looking for a correct 1/6 scale R2 like the one in this pic

attachment.php
it's for sale here. A little steep since I got mine for $40.00 shipped but at least everyone will know where to get one.

https://www.japtou.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=14741

Perfect scale for R2. Much taller and wider than hasbro. Looks great in this shot too.

Wow, that IS pretty steep. 100 cool ones to get it over to the States.

That it's a pretty perfect scale for R2 JJ! I like the third leg and the radar too. It's just lacking high end paint and sculpt but if you got that for $40 bucks then that's a steal! Compared to what's on the market now, even the $100 doesn't seem too overpriced for this.

I hear ya. They pop up from time to time. Just gotta keep an eye out. Pretty easy to customize with some paint. It's the most accurate R2 out there but not the cheapest. Hasbro still holds the record for cheap.

I hear ya. They pop up from time to time. Just gotta keep an eye out. Pretty easy to customize with some paint. It's the most accurate R2 out there but not the cheapest. Hasbro still holds the record for cheap.

The Hasbro one still seems to sell in the over $30 range though, with a few going high in the $40-50 range according to completed item search on eBay.

While undersized by nearly an inch, it does blow away the Taito one in terms of sculpt and paint (though the Taito can obviously be repainted.) The Hasbro's a gorgeous fig, far superior to the companion Threepio they did.

Last edited:
That Taito R2 looks great. I think I've got a couple of the Hasbro R2's still boxed up somewhere?

How short is the Tamashii R2? Surely they got the scale right but it doesn't look so, how can they not?

Last edited:
Back