Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided to see body parts to buy this set. Please see the for sale area on the boards if anyone needs a:

Lung
One eyeball
leg
left arm (I'm a righty)

I'd be disappointed if Tamashii didn't go ahead with their R2. I'm definitely keen to see some official pics of it, showing exactly what opens and shuts and what pops in and out. PO'ing GG's R2 as a back up. It might even become a first choice, but a retractable middle leg would be nice.

They'll make the R2 but don't be surprised if that GG R2 never sees the light of day.

Anyway, what's people's problems with the Threepio besides the price tag?

It looks fantastic, even though they are saying it's the "worlds most accurate" doesn't mean it 100% perfect but it looks pretty awesome to me.

Are there any "real" issues with it or are people just slamming it because that's the thing to do these days?:dunno

Price and finish are the only things that come to mind in terms of complaints I've read in this thread. And a couple of folks think that at 12" it's too tall. I'm ok with the price given the engineering if it, and I'm almost certain the finish will be pretty shiny, if not the brilliant chrome some are expecting. And if I can put up with SS Vader standing at 14" tall or whatever he is, I'm sure I'll be ok with a 12" 3PO. I do have a problem with the underscale medi c-3PO just because I could never imagine that there's a guy in that suit.

Meh to the complaints. I've made my c-3PO bed with this figure and I'm more than happy to lie in it :)

Price and finish are the only things that come to mind in terms of complaints I've read in this thread. And a couple of folks think that at 12" it's too tall. I'm ok with the price given the engineering if it, and I'm almost certain the finish will be pretty shiny, if not the brilliant chrome some are expecting. And if I can put up with SS Vader standing at 14" tall or whatever he is, I'm sure I'll be ok with a 12" 3PO. I do have a problem with the underscale medi c-3PO just because I could never imagine that there's a guy in that suit.

Meh to the complaints. I've made my c-3PO bed with this figure and I'm more than happy to lie in it :)
I agree with just about everything you've said here.
It appears, it is the most accurate to date, and there's no saying when the next one to top this (at this scale) will come around. Maybe never.
Plus I can't deny the feedback I'll get from lifting and posing a metal C3PO. :yess:

:lol No worries mate. :hi5:

:hi5:

Let me clarify briefly for those that perhaps misunderstood my stance on this C-3PO figure. It's a gorgeous piece - I've said this before, & was happy to concede that I was wrong on a detail that I thought was incorrect, yet was true to the suit. I'm still not keen on the head proportions though.. & paint obviously.

That said - final reveal pending, I'm looking forward to being wowed with this figure, I really I am. :)

In time. I'm waiting as well.

Medicom's, at $245, is scheduled to release this month.
Tamashii's, at $400, still indicates February 2013.

Looking at the two, side-by-side... I'll wait for February. :D

I've watched Empire Strikes Back three times in the last three days, and in the Bespin scenes, R2 looks like he has a smooth dome. It's not shiny because he's still dirty from Dagobah, but it looks like it could be polished.

Check out the latest vid of this bad boy!!! ACtually looks AWESOME is this quick run down vid!!!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bE80nzHYHw&feature=g-u-u[/ame]

Wow!!! :clap :rock

THAT.. looks great! Mostly die-cast, nice range of movement (given the suit's limitations), really nice paint, electronics.. I think I'm just about sold!! :lol

Thanks for posting the vid chockey88! :hi5:

This video shows the figure far better than any other pics or videos.

The engineering on this piece looks incredible. I hate to say any figure is worth that crazy amount of money, but this definitely delivers a shrunken down C3PO complete with all articulation... for the first time ever in any scale.

The articulation just really couldn't be done correctly without going all out and these guys really have. Those working pistons are just nuts.

The last question is really just the finish. It looks better in this vid, but it is still not "chromed."

After seeing this, I'm actually not too fussed about it not being chromed. In fact, if they had gone and done it all chromed, it might be a little too "in-your-face" shiny, so maybe that's what made them stick to a slightly matt finish.

The working pistons I'm still a bit dubious about. When the guy was working the elbow, I still didnt see the pistons move as much as I thought they would for the movement he did, particularly the one on top.

Still, he definitely looks way better here than in any previous pic or vid!! But for $400, I'll have to see some more before I really decide.

timthumb.php

Back