Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold, that video showed exactly what we are getting and it looks fantastic. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out, the gold finish looks fine.:clap

The diecast materials is worth the extra cost.

After seeing this, I'm actually not too fussed about it not being chromed. In fact, if they had gone and done it all chromed, it might be a little too "in-your-face" shiny, so maybe that's what made them stick to a slightly matt finish.

The working pistons I'm still a bit dubious about. When the guy was working the elbow, I still didnt see the pistons move as much as I thought they would for the movement he did, particularly the one on top.

Still, he definitely looks way better here than in any previous pic or vid!! But for $400, I'll have to see some more before I really decide.

I think that's because the elbow joint looks like it has a huge range of motion - from pretty much straight arm, all the way to maybe only sixty degrees between upper arm and forearm (i.e. quite a bit past the ninety degree.) The guy just took it through maybe two thirds of the available motion.

One thing is that the pistons are obviously quite a bit overscale compared to the full size prop just because they have to work at 1/6, but it looks great.

The finish does have quite a bit more "mirror-like" appearance than before, where you can actually see objects kind of reflected. One of the other shows he looked almost matte.

I reckon the only way I would fork out that much money now is if the R2 figure is perfectly in scale with this one. From pics, it looks off. Seems getting R2's scale right is difficult for many companies, but I just dont get why. There are reference pics all over the place right????

I want that. Too bad I'm too cheap to pay the asking price. :(

aw hell king i'm a cheaper bastard than you but this thing looks amazing on that vid & it has me pretty much sold now. ever pick up toys that are supposed to be metal but made of plastic? the heft of this fig would probably let your conscience rest.........:wink1:

immagettin'it...........:lecture

well..............going thru ssc & using an ass ton of rewards to take the sting out......:lol

I might flex it through SSC its due in February, postage to Australia will be around $45 I'd say.

You can't beat die cast and using it for Threepio is awesome.

Thanks for posting that vid, chockey88. Finally, after all this time, someone's gone through the trouble to demonstrate the articulation on this fig. Wasn't expecting a double-jointed waist. Definitely agree with the majority in regards to the finish. Very nice indeed. Will still wait to see the actual production piece but this vid's pretty much convinced me that 3PO will be a must buy.

so many Aussies in this thread.lol.
i am impressed with the translator now how about pics of the astromech?

aw hell king i'm a cheaper bastard than you but this thing looks amazing on that vid & it has me pretty much sold now. ever pick up toys that are supposed to be metal but made of plastic? the heft of this fig would probably let your conscience rest.........:wink1:

immagettin'it...........:lecture

well..............going thru ssc & using an ass ton of rewards to take the sting out......:lol

I can't do it. No amount of convincing can get me to be okay with paying $400 for one figure, no matter how nice it is. There is only so much I want or need in a toy. $400 for the set of R2 and 3PO would be pushing it, $400 for one isn't gonna happen, no matter how nice it is.

Back