Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$15 ship from Japan? To the person who owns this. What is it? I know it said it's a clock but what kin and will it run off us power? Vday is coming up and I know my girlfriend would love this. Btw you can pm me also

Be very careful with that seller. I tried to buy one and it was the weirdest transaction ever. Currently, the page now says it has a sale price of $38 (up nearly $10 from yesterday - the price seems to change frequently) yet when you put it into your cart, it then appears as $60 (with a discount of $6)! The shipping just will not appear in the total no matter what you do - and when I sent a question about these problems, the guy just cancelled the transaction and gave no answer re: the probs I encountered in ordering.

It does seem to be one of those sites that when you click on "about us" and "terms and conditions" there is nothing at all, and the payment phase is very bizarre, suggesting that maybe it's not a real store.

In all my online buying, I have never seen anything so weird as this site - how can something be one price on the product page, then jump more than $20 when it's placed in your cart?:slap

i tried to buy this yesterday as well...........on checkout my shipping info only had my town...............no state & no zip code. i couldn't even edit that. it only lets you edit your account as in a password change. contacted them via email & no answer. hope those that ordered gets theirs. i just thought it was a bit screwy so i didn't complete the transaction.........:cuckoo:

i was just on there and the price is now 53.00 it`s 59.99 -6.00 discount but on the address it has everything so i dont know

Yeah, I think maybe it's a bogus site. The shipping amount never appears in the total and they have no communication at all, no business address, nothing in "about us", no "terms and conditions" etc. Also didn't buy the $15 shipping price - seemed strangely low (and prob subject to rising like the product price!) All of this made me nervous. Bummer.

Also not sure I was willing to pay $60 plus shipping for an accurately proportioned but sub-Hasbro finished fig with the possible SSC R2D2 on the horizon. SSC's will be well over $100, but it'll be worth it, even if you have to wait another 18 months.

SSC Exclusive Yoda was $75 so this R2 just doesn't seem like a good deal in context.

Last edited:
Also not sure I was willing to pay $60 plus shipping for an accurately proportioned but sub-Hasbro finished fig with the possible SSC R2D2 on the horizon. SSC's will be well over $100, but it'll be worth it, even if you have to wait another 18 months.

I'm not sure we'll see a SSC R2 for a long time, I reckon Tamashii went to them wanting to do the Droids and therefore SSC may not do them for a while, maybe part of the agreement? Just speculating.

I'm not sure we'll see a SSC R2 for a long time, I reckon Tamashii went to them wanting to do the Droids and therefore SSC may not do them for a while, maybe part of the agreement? Just speculating.

It's about all we can do these days. You can "Ask Sideshow" all you want, you just won't get any answers.

Sorry for all the trouble you guys are having with that site. I posted the link cause I thought it was legit. It seemed like a good price but it used to be higher now its back down. Very weird indeed. Hope you guys don't have any further problems with it. I may end up just molding and casting mine for a few other droids but not sure they would turn out right. Like I have time to do that anyway.

Be very careful with that seller. I tried to buy one and it was the weirdest transaction ever. Currently, the page now says it has a sale price of $38 (up nearly $10 from yesterday - the price seems to change frequently) yet when you put it into your cart, it then appears as $60 (with a discount of $6)! The shipping just will not appear in the total no matter what you do - and when I sent a question about these problems, the guy just cancelled the transaction and gave no answer re: the probs I encountered in ordering.

It does seem to be one of those sites that when you click on "about us" and "terms and conditions" there is nothing at all, and the payment phase is very bizarre, suggesting that maybe it's not a real store.

In all my online buying, I have never seen anything so weird as this site - how can something be one price on the product page, then jump more than $20 when it's placed in your cart?:slap

I passed on it. Just did not seem right. Shipping from Japan for $15. Na

You mean they are shipping slow boat??

:1-1: yes a slow boat from China. Depends on the boat I have seen them get here until less than two weeks. Weather, sea, and the Captain. And I have seen them take up to 5 weeks. Takes about a day to off load the metal cans. Then they sit to see if they need to be looked at. This can take 10 minutes to 10 hours. Again depending on the people. Once okay, it's put on wheels and off to ssc it goes. If you buy it from SSC as a rule orders are shipped that day. If you ordered from someone else. Add two more weeks.

I have a can coming in this week. But my can gets opened every time.

Where is everyone pre-ordering this from other than Sideshow?

There's amiami and there was also another that was non-Californian but I can't remember which. Any help is appreciated.

Back