Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've ordered from HLJ before and they've been great. Oz has no taxes or duties for imports unde $1000, so for us it'd be $325 + shipping, which'd be around $50-60 for something like this. And their return policy is friendly. Having said all that, this is a lot of money to risk if, as you say, there is a problem. I want to be able to have any problem resolved quickly and efficiently, so I went with the 100% confidence option - SSC :)

That's fair enough if you don't care about the metal factor. Personally, maybe oddly, the weight and feel of this in hand is a big attractor for me. If you want the metal, the thing is going to cost more. But yeh, Japanese sellers have been offering this for closer to $300-325, so $400 is pushing it beyond well beyond that.

I haven't been collecting for as long as a lot of people here, but even so, I haven't come across a C-3PO I've liked. The Medi (and its 2.0) are fine if you can look past the scale issue - which I just can't. And comparing these two, with the painted wires and what not... there's just a leap in quality with the Tamashii in terms of how it's been designed. I do agree that a weathered look would've been nice to see, but I think the designer was going for a 'pure' representation. Interchangeable parts is a stretch even for this money sadly.

Looking at the company most likely to bring out a high-end droid, I look at the clones Sideshow has churned out over the years and can't figure on why they've overlooked the two characters that, to me, are front and centre of the entire Star Wars saga. Vague promises of them being 'in the works' could easily translate to not seeing these things in the next three years.

Being able to enjoy this figure during the interim - however long that might be - is worth the money for me. C-3PO is one of my all-time favourite movie characters from one of my all-time favourite movies, so... that's how I've justified it to myself :)

Where can I pick this up for around $300?

I don't understand why the price is so outrageous. Did anyone see the new Drake, from Uncharted? That's a premium figure/stature, and it doesn't light up or move. They are asking $349.00.

I don't understand why the price is so outrageous. Did anyone see the new Drake, from Uncharted? That's a premium figure/stature, and it doesn't light up or move. They are asking $349.00.

I think the price at $286 is pretty amazing considering the amount of detail and real working parts. My only gripe is not knowing if they will follow this up with R2! I am not overly keen on the idea of having C3PO and no R2 :(

I'm sorry guys its nice and all but 400 for a c-3po? That's just unjustified. Sure I've dropped that on customs I'm positive will never see the light of day, but c3po? You know they will make c3pos until the end of time.

It's an absurd amount of money period. If I could get one for half that I'd consider to but it would still be overpriced. A c3po should cost no more than 150 unless he can have a really well done detachable limb feature or alternate plates with various levels of scuffs and weathering.

It looks really cool and all but it's too much for c3po

I agree. Unfortunately the days of $150 figures is drawing to a close. I can't see Threepio coming in at any less than $175 (isn't that how much IG-88 was?) by the time Sideshow makes him, and that's if the make him in the very near future. In another year it's sure to be over $200.

But it IS a damn good looking Threepio.

I think the price at $286 is pretty amazing considering the amount of detail and real working parts. My only gripe is not knowing if they will follow this up with R2! I am not overly keen on the idea of having C3PO and no R2 :(
Yeah, I was too scared to order from them on the C3PO when I placed my order, but a few days later I bought a Vader 2.0 from them. It was on back order and they tracked it down in 3 days and delivered it for about $220.00. Ami Ami is legitimate and if I could do it over I would have ordered with them....

Hmm, maybe I can cancel and order through them, since the 3PO is not delivered?

Who's Drake from Uncharted?

That's probably one of my most favorite PS3 games, exclusive to Sony that is. Check it out at Sidshow's website, impressive work.

You PO'd with these?

By the sounds of it you have also dealt with these before?

Does it give you a shipping amount when you PO? Like how much is it for you to Australia? Just trying to get a rough idea - is it like $30 or more like $80?

I've only had one order with them, just recently - a small figure that cost $12 to ship. They didn't provide a shipping quote at checkout, only when the item was ready to ship. Their communication though was first rate, kind of made me regret not POing 3PO with them. I'd guess postage of 3PO to here would be around $50, depending on what shipping option is selected (they offer a few options).

I PO'd from Amiami, the price was definitely the cheapest i've found, especially when converting to UK£'s, no idea on shipping, but i also ordered one of them metal hybrid stormtroopers, which is on its way atm, and the shipping was very reasonable. Hoping 3PO wont cost too much to ship!

I PO'd from Amiami, the price was definitely the cheapest i've found, especially when converting to UK£'s, no idea on shipping, but i also ordered one of them metal hybrid stormtroopers, which is on its way atm, and the shipping was very reasonable. Hoping 3PO wont cost too much to ship!

Did they charge your card yet do you know? They didn't give you a price on shipping when you PO'd? So right now you don't know how much that is going to cost?

Did they charge your card yet do you know? They didn't give you a price on shipping when you PO'd? So right now you don't know how much that is going to cost?

no, not yet. When the Metal Hybrid stormie was in stock they mailed me to let me know that the order was ready, and gave me a load of different shipping options to choose from, that's when i paid for it.

if the shipping for 3PO is too painful, i can just cancel, or choose a painfully slow shipping method... TBH i cant see wither happening, want this too badly, and want it now!

no, not yet. When the Metal Hybrid stormie was in stock they mailed me to let me know that the order was ready, and gave me a load of different shipping options to choose from, that's when i paid for it.

if the shipping for 3PO is too painful, i can just cancel, or choose a painfully slow shipping method... TBH i cant see wither happening, want this too badly, and want it now!

Cool. I can handle that :)

Sorry to ask again but as its a PO did they charge your card yet or is that done as it ships?

Thanks

Back