Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you going to PO from amiami?
If you do, I hope you don't mind sharing the shipping cost. Thanks.

If you can help convince me to pull the trigger on the single highest collectible purchase I have ever contemplated.:panic:

Roughly $340 shipped is an amazing deal on this - for one figure. And a character who looks very unique, but who's not exactly a centerpiece for a display.

I will say that the chances for breakage/problems will be high with this fig, so going the Sideshow route for buying does make sense.

Snapped and ordered with amiami. Got to say that's a great website. Thanks for the tip-off :hi5:

I really pray they follow up with R2! I will be supremely p___ed if I am left with 3PO and no R2.

Snapped and ordered with amiami. Got to say that's a great website. Thanks for the tip-off :hi5:

I really pray they follow up with R2! I will be supremely p___ed if I am left with 3PO and no R2.

good man! they do seem like a great site to get stuff, I'm still waiting for my 1st item from them to turn up, (being held hostage by customs atm) but they've been great to deal with, and their prices are fantastic. A LOT of stock too!!

Here's an interesting picture I found. The metal is duller, which I like, and they put the chest dent on him, which I haven't seen before.

I'm starting to drool....

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-003_1349980675_zps8c0ebc36.jpg
Tamashii_Nations_C-3PO_R2-D2_NYCC-09_zpscf19e545.jpg

I'm very confused by this release, one minute I see pics that make me go :thud: and I get my Visa card out, then I see pics like this which make me go :horror, this looks awful to me, like an old 80's toy. So which is it?
I really can't wait to see some proper in hand pics, I would love this to be amazing, because I still love 3PO even after AOTC!

those pics came up a long time ago, pretty sure its a test shot, no where near the final finish. As i pointed out before on these pics, it looks like he's been chromed, then sprayed over with gold. You can see really clearly where they've missed a spot above the left knee and its still silver, and a lot of other patches on the thigh where it looks like the gold top coat has rubbed off.

I think the price at $286 is pretty amazing considering the amount of detail and real working parts. My only gripe is not knowing if they will follow this up with R2! I am not overly keen on the idea of having C3PO and no R2 :(

I checked that, but the shipping rate they use to US/Canada is about $87 and that is before any duty / taxes.

That brings the price back to around 370...but it is still a few dollars cheaper...

Last edited:
I'm very confused by this release, one minute I see pics that make me go :thud: and I get my Visa card out, then I see pics like this which make me go :horror, this looks awful to me, like an old 80's toy. So which is it?
I really can't wait to see some proper in hand pics, I would love this to be amazing, because I still love 3PO even after AOTC!

I'm feeling you on this bud. Not sold on this quite yet, ill leave it to you test rates who are droppin' three bills on it to convince me.. Threepio and R2 is a must for any collection obviously.

I checked that, but the shipping rate they use to US/Canada is about $87 and that is before any duty / taxes.

That brings the price back to around 370...but it is still a few dollars cheaper...

Wow, so $87 shipped to the US/Canada. :horror

Is that for the cheapest shipping option?

I'm feeling you on this bud. Not sold on this quite yet, ill leave it to you test rates who are droppin' three bills on it to convince me.. Threepio and R2 is a must for any collection obviously.

I understand that point, but isn't there also a concern if you don't get C3PO now he might not be available at the same price when R2 comes out, if he does?

I just think there's better things on the horizon guys.. I refuse to believe the best incarnation we will ever see of this iconic duo is a 400 dollar metal statue and a 40 dollar clock.

But i do hope threepio turns out nice and that I can get him for around 250 someday!

I just think there's better things on the horizon guys.. I refuse to believe the best incarnation we will ever see of this iconic duo is a 400 dollar metal statue and a 40 dollar clock.

But i do hope threepio turns out nice and that I can get him for around 250 someday!

I have seen a vid on YouTube of this beaut and it articulates really well :)

Back