Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, props again to JediJim! When you first posted this link, that Taito R2 was selling for $70 plus shipping, which was a little rich for my blood. However, it's now going for $33.15! :blissy

Needless to say, I placed an order. I tried to order a 2nd, but the website seems to limit quantities to one per order. Thought I was buying the last one there for a moment...

BTW, anyone ever order from these guys before? There's no information about from where they ship, a physical address, nor even anything on their privacy policy page (it must be REALLY private).

just a heads up, i know a few of you were a bit worried about ordering the R2 alarm clock from this place, well i took the plunge, figured i would be covered by paypal if something went wrong, and can happily say nothing did, he turned up today a week after shipping, cost me $53 including shipping to the UK, nice! Although it seems they've bumped it up a bit again in the last week. (they also marked its value as $5, no evil customs charging!) save that for 3po:(

Yeh, a mirror finish would've been pretty spectacular but with the attention to detail they've put into this I can only guess that they took a whole bunch of factors into account and settled on the best possible option. Like the arm hydraulics for example being over-sized to accommodate the articulation - they sacrificed complete screen accuracy to achieve the best result in 1/6.

Agreed. I'm hoping a big part of that consideration was the longevity of the finish. Would be heartbreaking to watch it deteriorate in any way.

:exactly: I can appreciate, now, the direction Tamashii took in terms of the finish. It's not perfect, but compromises had to be made to improve quality and perhaps longevity.

I want this stupidly overpriced droid so bad. I have $300 in Sideshow rewards points, but I will still know how much it was and it would forever drive me insane.

Oh take the plunge chase. Then at the end of your life you can say you did at least one stupid thing when you were alive.........:lecture

:lol...................:wave

YAY...AMI AMI sent mine yearterday...he is at Toyko international airport now...be nice if he got me something in the gift shop....he due early this week!!!!

I passed (temporarily) on Iron Monger for him...he better stop at the gift shop...

I'm gonna pick up at least 2 of each and use them as doorstops.

That's hot.

Holy S:censoredT
$300 in Sideshow points?
You could get 3PO for only $99!
:horror
That's amazing!

Well when u say it like that......:nono

Oh take the plunge chase. Then at the end of your life you can say you did at least one stupid thing when you were alive.........:lecture

I can already say that. Like 237 times. Maybe I should get drunk first. Then I can blame it on alcohol.

*********, now I want this overpriced $400 figure :lol

Okay. If Carl gets it I will too.

Maybe.....:monkey4

YAY...AMI AMI sent mine yearterday...he is at Toyko international airport now...be nice if he got me something in the gift shop....he due early this week!!!!

I passed (temporarily) on Iron Monger for him...he better stop at the gift shop...

Mines on the way from Amiami as well hopefully not doing drinking buddies with yours in the airport.

Congrats fellas :rock

Paying amiami in the week so hopefully get mine the following week :)

That's hot.

Well when u say it like that......:nono

I can already say that. Like 237 times. Maybe I should get drunk first. Then I can blame it on alcohol.

Okay. If Carl gets it I will too.

Maybe.....:monkey4

Getting drunk is the answer. I've ordered half my collection whilst drinking whiskey. You can't hold yourself responsible the next day and then it just arrives. Maybe Carl and yourself become Skype-aholics?

Put 2 Star Wars freaks, a computer, credit cards and booze together and anything could happen.

hell yea load up.

honestly some of my best decisions i made when i was totally drunk.

and by "best".......i mean, dumbest.

and by "dumbest" i mean, awesome.

and by "awesome" i mean,......wtf? , i don't remember doing that.

and by "wtf? , i don't remember doing that",......i mean how the hell didn't i see how cool this was before?.

and by "how the hell didn't i see how cool this was before?.........i mean..........good lord alcohol is the devil...:lecture

wait, what was the question?

Back