Terminator Zero

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to finishing this. I'm not into Animation and frankly I don't think I have room in my Terminator canon for anything outside of the first two movies - there's only so much time-travel shenanigans I'm willing to even try to wrap my head around. As far as story and ambition this is probably more akin to the Sarah Connor Chronicles than any of the crap sequel movies after T2. And unlike T3, T:Genisys and Dark Fate it avoids the ''even more super-dooper advanced Terminator baddie'' trope and instead makes a plain old T-800 a serious threat once again. I give it props for that.

I wonder though:
were those 800's?
They're from 2022 and we also didn't see any phased rifles...

It’s not even weak. She temporarily slows him down and he still shows up later to commit some classic Terminator atrocities. They never even manage to kill it.

If people watched things beyond the first 3 minutes to see how things actually play out then they might actually enjoy it :lol.

View attachment 723660

This.
And if you can't watch it and judge it by not even the first few episodes, don't bother telling me your opinion.
It's yours, fine. But to me it got no merrit as you didn't view the full picture.

It's not my job as a viewer to sit around and wait for something interesting to grab my attention. That's the creator's job. It doesn't have to be fast-paced or explosive...but it has to be interesting. It has to get me to sit up and get invested in what I'm about to see. If it can't do that, why should I waste my time watching and waiting for something?

I saw enough of this to determine that it's just more worthless crap and I moved on with my life.

I watched a T-800 tear through a whole police squad with a mini-gun and not harm any of the humans with pin-point accuracy and they were running in all directions. If it can miss all of those that accurately it could hit one.
To be fair in T2 he was shooting at large stationary targets, not one person actively running and trying to avoid him. Also in the movies the Terminators all missed targets with various types of guns, at different times for story reasons. It's not like it was established the Terminators never miss their target.

To be fair in T2 he was shooting at large stationary targets, not one person actively running and trying to avoid him. Also in the movies the Terminators all missed targets with various types of guns, at different times for story reasons. It's not like it was established the Terminators never miss their target.

The Tech-Noir scene in the original movie is a great example of this. Terminators have terrible aim when trying to shoot main characters.

They were running past and away from the stationary targets, hiding behind cars. He was shooting around their feet while they were running.
The issue isn't them missing a target, it's missing such an easy target with no cover for such a huge length of time.

The Tech-Noir scene in the original movie is a great example of this. Terminators have terrible aim when trying to shoot main characters.
It's never more than a second or two though.

They were running past and away from the stationary targets, hiding behind cars. He was shooting around their feet while they were running.
The issue isn't them missing a target, it's missing such an easy target with no cover for such a huge length of time.

Miniguns, such as the M134, are known for their high rate of fire rather than pinpoint accuracy. They can fire thousands of rounds per minute, which makes them effective for suppressive fire and covering large areas. However, this high rate of fire can also lead to a spread of bullets, reducing precision.

They are designed to hit targets within a certain area rather than a specific point. The accuracy can be influenced by factors such as the mounting platform, the stability of the shooter or vehicle, and the distance to the target.

For specific applications like close air support or vehicle-mounted operations, the minigun’s accuracy is sufficient to achieve its intended purpose. However, for tasks requiring precise targeting, other firearms would be more suitable.

In T2 he was using it suppress fire in certain areas, and move the police away so they aren't a threat, that's something the gun is designed to do. In Terminator Zero, he's trying to hit a single moving target, constantly moving and dodging, thats not something the gun is designed to do.

It's much easier to shoot at something and miss then to actually hit a moving target, especially with a weapon made to suppress fire, and spray and pray. Your example doesn't prove they are a expert marksman because he missed it shows he had the right weapon for the job he needed to do in T2, but in TZero he had the wrong weapon for what he was trying to do.

Then how come they never hit main characters until the story needed them to which was hardly ever.

It's a made up story, how accurate and unaccurate they are depends on what the writers want at a particular point.

To say TZero is unbelievable because the Terminator would of hit her with a mini, but ignore all the times in the movies when the Terminators missed their targets is being a bit contradictory.

Then how come they never hit main characters until the story needed them to which was hardly ever.

It's a made up story, how accurate and unaccurate they are depends on what the writers want at a particular point.

To say TZero is unbelievable because the Terminator would of hit her with a mini, but ignore all the times in the movies when the Terminators missed their targets is being a bit contradictory.
Indeed. The protagonists survived being pursued in every other Terminator movie for quite a while.

Miniguns, such as the M134, are known for their high rate of fire rather than pinpoint accuracy. They can fire thousands of rounds per minute, which makes them effective for suppressive fire and covering large areas. However, this high rate of fire can also lead to a spread of bullets, reducing precision.

They are designed to hit targets within a certain area rather than a specific point. The accuracy can be influenced by factors such as the mounting platform, the stability of the shooter or vehicle, and the distance to the target.

For specific applications like close air support or vehicle-mounted operations, the minigun’s accuracy is sufficient to achieve its intended purpose. However, for tasks requiring precise targeting, other firearms would be more suitable.

In T2 he was using it suppress fire in certain areas, and move the police away so they aren't a threat, that's something the gun is designed to do. In Terminator Zero, he's trying to hit a single moving target, constantly moving and dodging, thats not something the gun is designed to do.

It's much easier to shoot at something and miss then to actually hit a moving target, especially with a weapon made to suppress fire, and spray and pray. Your example doesn't prove they are a expert marksman because he missed it shows he had the right weapon for the job he needed to do in T2, but in TZero he had the wrong weapon for what he was trying to do.
The high rate of fire would easily give enough accuracy for a heavy machine to hit a person in the same room as the chances of running out of ammo before the needed adjustment is made are very slim.

As I already said he was shooting around their feet as they ran away. That's accuracy. You can't shoot around random moving objects and purposely not hit them without it.

It was Stormtrooper level bad in this.

Because they don't leave themselves vulnerable for long enough without some sort of cover.

Yes.

I'm not ignoring them, I'm using them as a starting point.

Can you point to a point in T1 or T2 where the target was in front of a terminator with a gun, in plain sight with anywhere near the amount of ammo shown here?
1725449923812.gif

:chase

Excellently put!

Back