The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

Sorry for not being on the boards. Part of the deal was that if i didnt hear from everyone before the sale started, then it just was gonna have to not work out. I didnt hear from everyone and really dont want to try and salvage the group buy at this point because i dont have to cash to cover the people that i didnt hear from and it just gets too complicated if other people get involved. This is alot of money from 9 or so different people and i really dont want anyone to have a bad experience out of it. Really dont want to mess up my feedback. Like i said this was the first time i tried something like this, so i learned from it. Paypal has been acting screwy here lately for me so i dont want to have to do a bunch of refunds if i dont get the money from everyone. Sorry if i got anyones hopes up, i wanted this to work out hence why i have been trying so hard for the past couple of days. I can help people out with my discount, but i am about to go to bed soon. If someone wants to use my discount just pm me and ill get back to you in the morning.

I did a similar attempt with my local toy forum. It started out easy until Ash mentioned that the blind box will not happen now and everyone will get to chose what to buy. With this, the plan fell apart as there are bound to have people wanting the same item and that makes it very difficult or almost impossible to satisfy everyone. So the plan fell to the wayside.

Curious as to what you guys think, is $70 shipped too much for the WWRp Big Red?

11APR07%20BIG%20RED%20%283%29.JPG

Curious as to what you guys think, is $70 shipped too much for the WWRp Big Red?

Looks to be about the right price.

Not a fan of them myself as they don't have articulated fingers.
They are a few inches larger than the Armstrongs though and saying that if I had a collection one would look good at the back to set it off.

11APR07%20BIG%20RED%20%283%29.JPG

Hey Deak,

I think you need to kinda figure out what line you would like to collect and what scale first. Thats a portable bot and if you buy 1/6 figures you may not like how they look together. Collecting 3A can definately be a slippery slope so the best advice i was given is try to stick to some scale and some line if possible. Theres wwr, adventure kartel, tomorrow kings all of which are 1/6 and have some portable counterparts. I kinda mix and match but i really only collect 1/6 because the portable human figures while awesome can be really difficult to collect.

I'm excited!
I put my name on SS's wait list for Penumbra, and I got a notice yesterday evening! I guess she will be my first figure. haven't received any kind of notice on the other ones I ordered, will they arrive later, or do I need to be prepared for all of them to drop at once?

Lauren wore a size 7 (1:1 scale)

Maria's friend Lauren, well she was yesterday, lay there motionless with a missing foot.
Nearby Lauren's slender severed foot in a tight heel caught the moonlight like a, err, severed foot
In a tight heel. Earlier with a deft stroke Maria had cut it clean off, It was her exclamation point to
... an argument that had to be settled.

Maria wondered, if they could still be lovers? Could the Mortis even love?"

Looks to be about the right price.

Not a fan of them myself as they don't have articulated fingers.
They are a few inches larger than the Armstrongs though and saying that if I had a collection one would look good at the back to set it off.

I know the fingers are a bummer, but that paint scheme is slick as ____.

Hey Deak,

I think you need to kinda figure out what line you would like to collect and what scale first. Thats a portable bot and if you buy 1/6 figures you may not like how they look together. Collecting 3A can definately be a slippery slope so the best advice i was given is try to stick to some scale and some line if possible. Theres wwr, adventure kartel, tomorrow kings all of which are 1/6 and have some portable counterparts. I kinda mix and match but i really only collect 1/6 because the portable human figures while awesome can be really difficult to collect.

I appreciate the input. Scale isn't so much of an issue for me, I prefer the smaller scale. But I recently found some Dropcloth figures and I kind of dig them. I am eyeballing a PopBot, Dropcloth, and another Armstrong. I love me some robutts and these designs are just too cool. Can anyone chime in on the Dropcloth figures? What do you guys/gals think?

I'm excited!
I put my name on SS's wait list for Penumbra, and I got a notice yesterday evening! I guess she will be my first figure. haven't received any kind of notice on the other ones I ordered, will they arrive later, or do I need to be prepared for all of them to drop at once?

Awesome! :rock

if you are feeling brave and like the dropcloth then go secure yourself an SDCC 1/12 Slaughterhouse Dropcloth....now that is one amazing figure :hi5:

doesn't come cheap though :thud:

@deak starkiller: there's also a Dropcloth in 1/6 scale with the same paint theme...

just fyi.. the wwrp Large martin is about 9" tall.. same articulation as the 1/6 scale one..

and about the .. hands...
they don't have fingers... because.. in early paintings .. they used their arms to stabilize while shooting
large.jpg

;)

Would be nice to see another DC release with different gear.

is there a DC mk2 in the works? I seem to recall there is also a motorbike prototype for the DC awhile back. But yeah, one thing I really like about DC is that they are pretty much human sized. Almost give you all the ideas that they can use most 1/6 equipments/weapons out there.

@deak starkiller: there's also a Dropcloth in 1/6 scale with the same paint theme...

just fyi.. the wwrp Large martin is about 9" tall.. same articulation as the 1/6 scale one..

and about the .. hands...
they don't have fingers... because.. in early paintings .. they used their arms to stabilize while shooting
large.jpg

;)

I can dig it. Is $90 about average for a DropCloth figure?

I can dig it. Is $90 about average for a DropCloth figure?

Depends on what one. I scored my Deimos DC from a board member here for $90 shipped and a brand new Iron Panda DC on ebay for $100 shipped.

If you're looking for one of the slightly more elusive 3a member colorways, EMGY, etc, prices go steadily up. At least that's what I've found. You should be able to hunt around for a pretty good deal on many DC's.

Newb question, the severed robot heads were they a one off or do they get released every so often?

Back