The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

1237345921720.gif

Seeing this, almost makes me happy Raimi decided to opt out of spidy 4.

who is Denis Leary playing? i saw him on Jon Stewart the other night and he said they basically wrapped up Rescue Me finally season very early so he could go work on Spiderman.

^ The best ____ YOU to the studio i've ever seen. :lol
Yepp, entirely true! :lol oh Raimi

Seeing this, almost makes me happy Raimi decided to opt out of spidy 4.
It does make me happy he opted out :)

who is Denis Leary playing? i saw him on Jon Stewart the other night and he said they basically wrapped up Rescue Me finally season very early so he could go work on Spiderman.

Thought he was in the original? Playin Green Goblin? :lol

dopplegangers-dafoe-leary1.jpg

yah you know when he first said he was in Spiderman in that JStewart interview, i was thinking is he was going to be Green Goblin???

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYUp_c5h460&feature=related"]‪Willem Dafoe Hears About The Spider-Man Reboot‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

As a huge fan of Raimi's Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2, I was really, really against this reboot from the start. But somehow its grown on me. Maybe its because I'm not a raging fanboy lunatic one way or another. I just want to see a great story with great characters. I'm not sure if this reboot will have that but I'm willing to give it a try now. The trailer in my opinion shows a film that is pretty damn different than what we saw in the Raimi films. There was a lot whimsy and lightheartedness in those films though they could get really, really dark. But here this trailer is selling what looks like a moodier, darker tone overall devoid of whimsy. I like that. It definitely reminds me of Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man so color me interested. And plus this trailer is going to look so much better on the big screen.

I like the part where Spider-Man goes crazy after Mark Zuckerberg dilutes his shares in FaceBook down to 0.03 percent.

Yea with great power come's great lawyers who come for all of it.

I find it odd that Marc Webb promised less CGI and more physical stunt work, but the largest chunk of the trailer - containing our first look at reboot Spider in action - contains a sequence constructed all in (bad and obvious) cgi.

Granted, I'm not expecting that sequence to make it into the final movie, but it seems counterintuitive.

Just saw the trailer and from what little I can see, I am getting a really Twilight/Dark Knight (if that even makes sense) vibe going on there. I am also not getting the comic book movie feel from the trailer at all.

Back