The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

It might be blasphemous to say it here, but I am the same with The Dark Knight. I mean it's a movie I watched six times in the cinema but I pop in the BD recently and I just couldn't finish it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it doesn't stand the test of time but it's just one of those movies that are so 'heavy' that I can't bear too many repeated viewings.

The Spider-man films on the other hand are like comic books. I can pop it in from time to time and still get enjoyment out of it. It's the same with SW for me. I still watch them all every month.

The Dark Knight is like this freaking long novel that I will only read once and that's it. Granted it's a great novel, but I just don't have the energy to go through it again.

Me and you are completely different. I can and do watch TDK at least 2-3 times a month. I'm also the guy who can sit down and watch all 3 extended editions of LOTR in one day or sit through Fight Club a couple times a month and enjoy it as much as I did when I first saw it. I love SM and if I'm in the mood I'll pop it in, but 9 times out of 10 I won't care for finishing it. Just doesn't have that "spark" compared to other movies I love.

I still have the original 2002 one with the gargoyle and the Super Poseable Green Goblin.

The figures still hold up very well as far as today's standards go. I remember just finding them in the store and not knowing too much about the film.

SpiderManSuperPoseable-Toybiz.jpg

410WylaMeeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

yep, I remember lookin all over for the Green Goblin :lol never found him :monkey2

I still have those two. I even have the Spiderman-2 super poseable spidey. That thing is the best 6 inch spidey even made. Every bit as poseable as the 18 inch version.

Still have the 18 inch version! It's great!

Last edited:

i think there is a lot more to the origin story in these movie, its basically because for one , they show peters parents leaving for some unspecified purpose, im sure theres more to it, secondly , again theres more to peter parker becoming spiderman than just some genetically altered or radioactive spider biting him, i think there is something in HIM , that makes him get the powers and that could be connected to his parents, somewhat like the ultimate spiderman series, i only read the first few issues,
and lastly the dialouge at the end, , we all have secrets, the ones we keep and the ones that are kept from us.

Ughh, this is looking less and less like a superhero movie. I am getting a really sci-fi ish conspiracy vibe from this movie. And what's with the hoodie? He look more like an emo kid than nerd.

And an aunt may so young? Looks more like a mother to me.

they cant just recylcle the old origin story ,an old aunt may , and all those stuff, needs something fresh, the best example would be smallville tv series, it was hugely popular even thougn clark never flew or wore the costume, it certainly appealed to me and i thought it was with the times, well at least first 3-4 seasons after that it was crap.

Eh, the "spidey view" wasn't any different than playing Call of Duty. Rest was alright. Suit still suck hairy nuts.

i think there is a lot more to the origin story in these movie, its basically because for one , they show peters parents leaving for some unspecified purpose, im sure theres more to it, secondly , again theres more to peter parker becoming spiderman than just some genetically altered or radioactive spider biting him, i think there is something in HIM , that makes him get the powers and that could be connected to his parents, somewhat like the ultimate spiderman series, i only read the first few issues,
and lastly the dialouge at the end, , we all have secrets, the ones we keep and the ones that are kept from us.

I was surprised they were going down any sort of road like that with his parents. I'm sure it won't get anywhere near their full-fledged spy roles, but I wonder if they will hint at more going on with their jobs / death than just an accident.

Maybe his parents were also bit by spiders.

No wait, maybe his parents died and came back as spiders and bit him.

No wait, maybe his parents are alien spiders.

I can't wait for the HT version of this:
Spiderman-toy-550x629.jpg

Next to the Raimi version it'll be a nice juxaposition of my Spider-Man and what will be my son's.

From Bad Ass Digest: (mirrors what many are saying here):

Quick on the heels of a ____ty quality leak, Sony has put up the HD version of the trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man… and it’s not a real improvement. I don’t know if this trailer speaks to the film itself, but what it seems to be selling is a dark, mopey, Batman Begins-esque origin story. By which I mean not just dour but really extensive – in this case involving Peter Parker’s rarely bothered-with parents.

The only hope I have comes from that last section, the POV web-slinging stuff. While I don’t actually like that stuff – it looks way too video-gamey – I like that it’s at least brightly lit. Spider-Man is an angsty character, but angst is not the same as morose. There was always a weirdly upbeat vibe to Peter, even when he was most beaten down and ready to quit. I don’t like mopey Peter Parker, and this trailer sells the ____ out of mopey Peter Parker. For those of you who thought Spider-Man 3 presented emo Spider-Man… THIS is emo Spider-Man, standing alone on the docks at sunset, looking longingly into the distance.

Please be bad marketing, please be bad marketing…

Non-organic webs huh? I hate that! That was the one thing I liked about the movies original movies (it was so good that is was passed to the comics!). Aside from that, the movie looks good. I'm wondering where they are taking the whole thing about Peter Parker's parents. I looks like they might show some of the story behind it but can they even mention Shield in their movies (I wish Disney would get all movie character rights back from Sony and Fox.)?

Back