The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

I think that his parents will be killed in a dark alley and he will take hiatus at a high school monastery and learn from Uncle Ben Al Ghul on how to become a legend.

I'm wondering where they are taking the whole thing about Peter Parker's parents. I looks like they might show some of the story behind it but can they even mention Shield in their movies

Originally when Marvel decided to give Richard and Mary a backstory they were CIA agents before heading to SHIELD. I'm sure this will tread that line and just not go into the SHIELD stuff.

From Bad Ass Digest: (mirrors what many are saying here):

Quick on the heels of a ____ty quality leak, Sony has put up the HD version of the trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man… and it’s not a real improvement. I don’t know if this trailer speaks to the film itself, but what it seems to be selling is a dark, mopey, Batman Begins-esque origin story. By which I mean not just dour but really extensive – in this case involving Peter Parker’s rarely bothered-with parents.

The only hope I have comes from that last section, the POV web-slinging stuff. While I don’t actually like that stuff – it looks way too video-gamey – I like that it’s at least brightly lit. Spider-Man is an angsty character, but angst is not the same as morose. There was always a weirdly upbeat vibe to Peter, even when he was most beaten down and ready to quit. I don’t like mopey Peter Parker, and this trailer sells the ____ out of mopey Peter Parker. For those of you who thought Spider-Man 3 presented emo Spider-Man… THIS is emo Spider-Man, standing alone on the docks at sunset, looking longingly into the distance.

Please be bad marketing, please be bad marketing…

I don't get how they say Peter wasn't mopey. Yeah, he'd do lots of threats and jokes inside his head when getting picked on. But the last panel of about 80% of the first fifty+ issues of ASM was him alone, head in hands, while the caption talked about how ____ty his life is.

I love what I'm seeing so far and am just laughing at all the _____ing but come next July how this thread will explode with nerdgasms and praise.

Haven never been a huge Spiderman fan, I have to say that I like the look of this film from the teaser trailer. The last POV shot would have been a great one to shoot and see in 3D.

Check out this shot:

Spider-Man20.png

The picture in the lower right corner has both Richard Parker and Curt Connors. There is your parental relation to the overall arc.

Damn whats with all the spidey/tdkr comparrison I've seen latly. Its a freakin teaser and a good one at that. Tdk was good but it's not some godly movie that has to be compared with every superhero movie. I'm sure tdkr won't even live up to expectation's. The third movie never does.

This movie feels like TDK. It's dark. Moody....looks to have a ton of emotion.

Which is not what I want in a Spider-Man movie. Unless that's what the comics are. From what I saw, Spidey was a character who had emotion, but also there was a sense of fun, and lightness to him. That's what made him so idenitfiable. (cant spell today :lol) He's a kid.

Maybe this teaser isn't really giving us the tone of the flick. But we'll see.

Also TDKR will be ____ing amazing and better then this and eveyr single movie that summer. But maybe not The Avengers...we'll seeee.

The key thing to judging the tone of the film is to see him as Spidey. His life as Peter should be a bit emo, but when he's under that mask and swinging through the city, that's when he lets himself go, cracking one-liners and what not.

i liked the teaser better then those three horrible movies we got before .

Not quite as exciting as the Original Spidermans trailer was it? But then I still think that trailer was better than anything we ever saw in the film or the sequels.

I liked the teaser, but I hope that POV crap doesn't make it into the movie. It looked like a video game cut-scene. Plus, part of the awesomeness of watching Spidey web-swing is observing the fluidity of his movements, watching him dive and twist as the skyscrapers and scenery rush by.

I liked the teaser, but I hope that POV crap doesn't make it into the movie. It looked like a video game cut-scene. Plus, part of the awesomeness of watching Spidey web-swing is observing the fluidity of his movements, watching him dive and twist as the skyscrapers and scenery rush by.

Which is quite ironic since that also looked like a video game cut scene just like the POV "crap".:lol

Which is quite ironic since that also looked like a video game cut scene just like the POV "crap".:lol

It's true, most of the CGI from SM1 looks pretty bad now, but I think the web-swinging scenes are still more impressive (especially the city-scape) than the scene from the new teaser (which may very well not be fully realized, I dunno). But my point regarding the POV still stands, I prefer watching Spidey in 3rd person.

Back