The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

Bull.

Batman has always been hyped to death from the 60s show, to the older films, to the cartoon series. The Nolan films just amplified that. Batmania happened in '66, again in '89 and then in '08. People have always loved Batman.

Don't disrespect, son.

Noticed how you skipped the years of Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. AND OH MY!!!!!!!!!!! The next Batman movie will be directed by Uwe Boll :rotfl.

Noticed how you skipped the years of Batman Forever and Batman and Robin

Batman Forever, 1995, was big too, but not as big as the others. What more needs to be said, it was highly successful. Batman and Robin was highly anticipated and hyped up but ended up failing, oh well. Still doesn't mean that it tarnished "Batman" in anyway.

Yup, I love spidey. But have been a batfan ever since I could wear his underwear.
Bat's will always have a special part in my life. From watching BTAS after pre-school, bugging my mom to put in BATMAN 89 constantly and having my uncle dress up like keaton's batman for my 6th Bday. I grew up with bats.

Bats>Sidey.
Predator+Aliens=Poo.

If Batman Forever was the only Batman movie that existed, then both it and the character would kind of suck. However in a world with Burton and Nolan Batmans "Forever" is kind of a fun diversion.

I grew up playing with my Kenner Alien/Predator figures, watching my uncle play AvP + AvP2 on the computer in fear and amazement, running around with my imaginary Queen Alien friend (Queeny), looking through the wonderous pages of my uncle's Alien/Predator comics..

I'm not a big Batman fan, or even a..lesser Batman fan.. But I'm not going to say he's "poo" just because I prefer the Predator and Alien over him..

It's like, "You grew up with and were around something different than I, so it's all crap."...

^the younger generation is plagued with ADHD. low attention span, i think that's the culprit. :lol

Bull.

Batman has always been hyped to death from the 60s show, to the older films, to the animated series. The Nolan films just amplified that. Batmania happened in '66, again in '89 and then in '08. People have always loved Batman.

Don't disrespect, son.

This man speaks the truth :lecture

I grew up playing with my Kenner Alien/Predator figures, watching my uncle play AvP + AvP2 on the computer in fear and amazement, running around with my imaginary Queen Alien friend (Queeny), looking through the wonderous pages of my uncle's Alien/Predator comics..

I'm not a big Batman fan, or even a..lesser Batman fan.. But I'm not going to say he's "poo" just because I prefer the Predator and Alien over him..

It's like, "You grew up with and were around something different than I, so it's all crap."...

:lol I understand. But people on this site need to know when you're joking. I've said it many times before that I think Predators isn't Poo. (Especially the desingn). Just not my cup of tea.

:1-1: All joking aside though, to each their own. Don't let somebody's opinion become infuriating to you. It's not worth getting mad over cause it's damn near impossible to change someone else's oppinion. Why even try:dunno

I just like debates, some might even say i'm a master-debater.
:lol

I related to Batman as a child because he killed people. I grew up with Burton's Batman. Then Forever. Got freaked out in Robin because of the Bane scene....which probably made my dad quite happy to not sit through another minute of that....

Which ended up having me dislike Batman. He was no longer cool.....

Until Nolan came around.

Wait, you related to Batman as a child because he killed people?

:lol That's okay, my first reaction was "Batman does kill people that was Burton BS." Then, "Wait, did Celtic say that's why he related to him?" :rotfl

Haha...but I did like that Batman for it. See, as a child, I grew up with movies and all that, I knew movies weren't real, hence why I was able to watch R-Rated stuff, and old school Disney cartoons.

So when I had a hero "spare" the villian...I was like "C'mon! He's gonna do more harm! Just throw him off the cliff like they did in Disney movies!"

Bull.

Batman has always been hyped to death from the 60s show, to the older films, to the animated series. The Nolan films just amplified that. Batmania happened in '66, again in '89 and then in '08. People have always loved Batman.

Don't disrespect, son.

Pshh please before the Nolan films people in the general public thought bats was campy. Yea the animated series was awesome but those two horrid movies in the 90 s didn't help . Batman used to be a joke in the gaming industry and movie industry. Son. but still batman will always be my second fab superhero. Spidey is just number one cuz I loved his character more

Batman is not a video game character.....

And you can't call him son, he's OLDER THEN YOU.

Batman was popular BEFORE the Nolan flick's. That's a fact straight outta compton.

Uhh he was in several video games and has an a high budget game coming out this year in the form of arkham city. Therefore he is a freaking video games character, No duh, i know he was popular before the nolan movies but as for the movies and games they were jokes to most people.

Erm, Crash Bandicoot is a video game character...

...Batman is a comic-book character.

Back