The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: Discussion Thread

I saw the signal in the air from my window so I thought "What the Hell?"

No. I have OCD. Seriously, I obsess about things I'm interested in which thanks to the Internet usually equals hours upon hours to researching things until I get my fix. You'd be surprised at the amount of useless facts at my fingertips because of it....or maybe not. :lol

No. I have OCD. Seriously, I obsess about things I'm interested in which thanks to the Internet usually equals hours upon hours to researching things until I get my fix. You'd be surprised at the amount of useless facts at my fingertips because of it....or maybe not. :lol

Liar! We all know too well you ARE Iron Man. :yess::wave

I'm the same way :lol :hi5::wave:hi5::lol

5 minutes into a movie and i'm already on Wiki reading about the actors drug history :lol

You're just much better at it :lol

Last edited:

Liar! We all know too well you ARE Iron Man. :yess::wave

iron_man_2_43.jpg

That definitely plays into the original thought that Avengers didn't go to him due to $$$$. He reportedly wanted twice what he made from Iron Man 2 from some reports for this grand film which was apparently $10 Million which would put it into what they think he was asking for IM3.

Lets see what RDJ is going to say about this :lol

While IM2 was a financial success, the movie was kind of a bubble gum experience.

Entertaining....absolutely....

Thought provoking....hardly....

But with the money it made, I certainly expected JF back at the helm....guess not:

We Thought So: Favreau Off IRON MAN 3
By Devin Faraci | December 14, 2010 | News | 34 Comments

Vulture is reporting that Jon Favreau just told Marvel that he will not be returning for Iron Man 3. This shouldn’t be news to you – just last week I laid out the case that pointed to Favreau leaving the franchise behind (you can click here to read that).

According to Vulture’s sources Marvel has already begun looking for a new director, but as they point out Robert Downey Jr has final approval; that said, Downey and wife Susan are producers on the film and the actor really wants to make this one count. He knows that Tony Stark brought him back from career death, and the role will be one of his legacies.

The report doesn’t have a hard reason why Favreau has left; Vulture speculates that he costs too much. I stand by my theory that Favreau is done with Marvel, having tough experiences with them on Iron Man 2 and finding himself in a place where he’s got plenty of work on his plate. I’m sure Marvel hasn’t fought too hard to keep him around – remember the weird negotiations the two parties conducted in the geek press before Iron Man 2? – but I don’t buy Vulture’s theory that Marvel made Iron Man 3 seem confusing or ____ty just to lose Favs.

Assuming this is true (and this could be a rehash of the negotiation process from Iron Man 2, to be fair), who do you want directing Iron Man 3? Would the series be best served by a strong visionary or someone who bends to Downey’s will? I think Downey needs a strong hand to keep him in line when it comes to tinkering with the script and story, and I worry that whoever they get will just bow before him and we’ll end up with a third movie that makes the second look tight and coherent.

Last edited:

Doh!

From CHUD:

But even the wrap of Iron Man 2 didn't equal a happy ending._ Favreau was reportedly upset that Marvel hijacked its plotline to expand the cinematic universe._ There were even whispers that he and Robert Downey Jr. weren't on good terms.

Just imagine how much time you'd have to spend on the internet if extremis didn't allow you to connect directly to it. :lol

by SuperHeroHype
Dec 26th, 2010
Ain't It Cool News points out that the print version of this article from the Albuquerque Journal includes a possible hint at the storyline for The Avengers. The article says:

"The Avengers" script will blend "Iron Man," "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger" story lines as the Avengers battle with two alien races, the Skrulls and the Kree.

While the article features quotes from people involved with bringing the production to New Mexico, there is no confirmation that the Albuquerque Journal got this story information from Marvel Studios or Disney, so we'll have to wait and see if they are indeed going this route.

The anticipated movie is scheduled to shoot between April and September of 2011 at Albuquerque Studios, as well as in New York and Michigan.

Starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Clark Gregg, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson and Mark Ruffalo, the Joss Whedon-directed film opens in theaters on May 4, 2012.

UPDATE: SuperheroHype has confirmed that the information published in the Albuquerque Journal was not officially released through Marvel Studios and can instead be attributed to a research error on the part of the newspaper.

While this does not preclude the film from featuring the Kree or the Skrull, there is no hard evidence to date to suggest their inclusion.

by SuperHeroHype
Dec 26th, 2010
Ain't It Cool News points out that the print version of this article from the Albuquerque Journal includes a possible hint at the storyline for The Avengers. The article says:

"The Avengers" script will blend "Iron Man," "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger" story lines as the Avengers battle with two alien races, the Skrulls and the Kree.

While the article features quotes from people involved with bringing the production to New Mexico, there is no confirmation that the Albuquerque Journal got this story information from Marvel Studios or Disney, so we'll have to wait and see if they are indeed going this route.

The anticipated movie is scheduled to shoot between April and September of 2011 at Albuquerque Studios, as well as in New York and Michigan.

Starring Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Clark Gregg, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson and Mark Ruffalo, the Joss Whedon-directed film opens in theaters on May 4, 2012.

UPDATE: SuperheroHype has confirmed that the information published in the Albuquerque Journal was not officially released through Marvel Studios and can instead be attributed to a research error on the part of the newspaper.

While this does not preclude the film from featuring the Kree or the Skrull, there is no hard evidence to date to suggest their inclusion.

That was a given.

Now that Whedon has redone the script, no one outside the main players involved know what the story will be.

That being said, i'm sure it will involve The Skrull :lol

Oh, and a battle with the Hulk :lol

Yeah, Marvel is not to hard to figure out. :lol

Now, The Dark Knight Rises, that's a hard one to figure out :lol

Is that enough laughing heads :lol

I'm thinking one alien race but not both.

Late last year, Renner said that he expected to be in 'Thor,' though he soon walked those comments back.

"That was just one of those things that got blown way out of proportion," Renner explained to Movieline. "The only reason it came out this early, because 'Avengers' is two years away, is that they're thinking OK, we may throw him in 'Thor,' we may not, as a cameo. You know what I mean? So there's truth that we talked about it, but there's no truth to me doing it."

But The Wrap's source claims to have seen an early screening of the movie, and confirms that Renner is involved.

The reason this is so important is the complicated web of story and continuity concerns within the sprawling Marvel Universe. Hawkeye as a character was first associated with Iron Man; inspired by his actions, he became a hero himself, though he was tricked into spying on him for the Soviet Union.

Eventually, after defeats from Iron Man and realizing the errors of his ways, Hawkeye joins the Avengers, the famed hero team led by Captain America, Iron Man and Thor, among others. With the Avengers movie coming out in 2012, there is a desire to create continuity in the films (entirely leaving out Spiderman, which, previously made and now getting a reboot, seems to be treated in its own universe).

And with the rumor stating that Renner's Hawkeye will appear near the end of 'Thor,' the thought is that 'The Avengers' will pick up with the story -- though one film is made by Paramount, the other Disney.

Late last year, Renner said that he expected to be in 'Thor,' though he soon walked those comments back.

"That was just one of those things that got blown way out of proportion," Renner explained to Movieline. "The only reason it came out this early, because 'Avengers' is two years away, is that they're thinking OK, we may throw him in 'Thor,' we may not, as a cameo. You know what I mean? So there's truth that we talked about it, but there's no truth to me doing it."

But The Wrap's source claims to have seen an early screening of the movie, and confirms that Renner is involved.

The reason this is so important is the complicated web of story and continuity concerns within the sprawling Marvel Universe. Hawkeye as a character was first associated with Iron Man; inspired by his actions, he became a hero himself, though he was tricked into spying on him for the Soviet Union.

Eventually, after defeats from Iron Man and realizing the errors of his ways, Hawkeye joins the Avengers, the famed hero team led by Captain America, Iron Man and Thor, among others. With the Avengers movie coming out in 2012, there is a desire to create continuity in the films (entirely leaving out Spiderman, which, previously made and now getting a reboot, seems to be treated in its own universe).

And with the rumor stating that Renner's Hawkeye will appear near the end of 'Thor,' the thought is that 'The Avengers' will pick up with the story -- though one film is made by Paramount, the other Disney.

I love how people who write these articles for entertainment websites can't do five minutes of research and find out that Spider-Man is farmed out to Sony and not under the Marvel Studios umbrella.

I don't care how great Nolan is doing for WB/DC.
I don't care how great BB and TDK were.
I don't care how great TDKR more than likely will be.
I don't care how great GL more than likely will be.
I don't care how average IM2 and The Incredible Hulk were.

Avengers is so very new and unique for the big screen superhero movie genre....finally...one universe....go Marvel!

Please let me die only after I see that movie :lol

Hell, even my wife said she's more excited for Avengers over TDKR. Then she asked what TDKR stands for again :lol

Avengers and TDKR being released same summer :horror :horror :horror

The Earth is going to stop spinning then explode.

Last edited:

I don't care how great Nolan is doing for WB/DC.
I don't care how great BB and TDK was.
I don't care how great TDKR more than likely will be.
I don't care how great GL more than likely will be.
I don't care how average IM2 and The Incredible Hulk were.

Avengers is so very new and unique for the big screen superhero movie genre....finally...one universe....go Marvel!

Please let me die only after I see that movie :lol

Hell, even my wife said she's more excited for Avengers over TDKR. Then she asked what TDKR stands for again :lol

Avengers and TDKR being released same summer :horror :horror :horror

The Earth is going to stop spinning then explode.

:lecture Except for average IM2 and The Incredible Hulk. I thought both were great :rock

But The Avengers movie will contain so much awesomeness, our head's will explode.

3591.jpg

Back