Hot Toys Avengers Campus Iron Mark LXXX ( 80 ) CMS 018 D60

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting closer to caving on this the longer it lasts in stock. My main critique is that there is none of the usual knicks/scratches detailing in the paint job on this one to give it that added realism.

Also, can someone describe how the shades of red and gold compare to the Mk 85? Impossible to tell from the one washed-out light box review on YouTube.
I'd say it's pretty identical to 85
No description available.
No description available.

I'd be glad to get you one and send it to you, but I'm sure the shipping would be prohibitive.
I am guessing so, I heard shipping costs have gone through the roof. Disney could be better priced since they would get business rates but so far they have no option. Maybe them leaving the UK out of the options means the UK will get some eventually, either leftover stock from US or maybe our own allotment is on its way slowly by sea... if that is the case it will cost similar to US but with added tax, but domestic shipping should at least be cheapish. But then again, there have been many products that never arrived to UK store so maybe they are neglecting us brits again. If they could at least tell us that would be great.

If I see confirmation UK won't be getting any I may hit you up.

If anyone here have any idea if this one would be available outside the US market? Im in Indonesia and some sellers here put this guy up for sale for around 800$ lol.

Went ahead and ordered one of these guys and just got it delivered today. Love it!

Random thoughts:
I don't think this is a must have, but definitely looks nice with my gaggle of other Iron Man figures. I believe this is the first non-movie suit I've actually bought. I basically cancelled my '89 Batman (which I think looks freaking awful) and got this so not exactly sure what type of message I am sending Hot Toys lol. I was skeptical of the lack of weathering, but really doesn't bother me in hand. Also glad to report no QC issues since I've had a long history of minor issues like scuffs and scratches with my Iron Man figures, and is why I usually will only order them from SS so I can make sure I'll be taken care of if I need replacement parts. I was really confused about the lack of any printing on the front of the stand but I guess that's just the way it is? Weird choice. Shawarma is fine, you’re not missing out if there’s a later version without it. Faceplate is really striking and mean looking. And I just noticed that the legs on the Mk 80/85 figures kinda flare out at the knees just like my Captain Phasma figure, which I always assumed was done in that case to emphasize that it was a female? Just an odd thing I had never noticed. Final thought is that it actually would have been cool if they had done an properly proportioned and janky looking armor to look exactly like the guy in the suit at Disneyland, but this is cool nonetheless lol.

The disney store write up is super inaccurate though:

===============

Product Details
Hot Toys presents this special edition Iron Man Mark LXXX die cast figure inspired by the Avengers Campus themed area at the Disney Parks. This highly detailed 1/5th scale collectible comes with interchangeable hands and weapons to make a great addition to your collection.

Magic in the details
Exquisitely crafted based on Iron Man in Avengers: Endgame (2019)
True-to-movie figure features two interchangeable head sculpts including an interchangeable helmeted head with LED-light up function
Fifth scale figure also features an intricate design of the Iron Man armour that has been faithfully reproduced with red, gold and charcoal grey colouring
Painted carefully with a metallic appearance
LED light-up functions scattered throughout helmet, upper body, back and Arc Reactor on chest
Nano Lightning Refocuser attachable to the back
Multiple pairs of interchangeable hands for iconic gestures
Character themed figure stand with movie logo
Created by Hot Toys

=========

I know HT Iron Man figures are oversized but 1:5 scale??
2 heads????
Lightning refocuser attachable to back?

I think they copy-pasted their mk LXXXV description to this figure

So the wider release has no shawarma and replaces the little robot with a hologram robot. I could take or leave the bot so I’m glad I went ahead and got the version with shawarma.

BTW for anyone on the fence this is quickly becoming one of my favorite armors in my collection!

So the wider release has no shawarma and replaces the little robot with a hologram robot. I could take or leave the bot so I’m glad I went ahead and got the version with shawarma.

BTW for anyone on the fence this is quickly becoming one of my favorite armors in my collection!
Where you see the general release version?

Back