The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread

I grabbed a full set of these posters at SDCC. That looks great. Where did you get the frame?

Thanks. I had it framed at Hobby Lobby. The cost was $205 for a pretty nice frame. There was another frame I liked a little more that made the red tones pop in the posters....but it would have cost me about $100 more.

I just won a set of those posters on eBay. Wonder how much it would cost to frame them like that?

$205 at Hobby Lobby. It all depends on the frame you pick out though.

The poster the week after SDCC were BIN $100.00 for all seven ($14.28 each), now $150.00 ($21.42 each). :gah:

Guess I need to take my signature's advise more seriously. :slap

Just think of it this way (unless you have a bunch of extra money), Poster on the wall or a shiny new Hot Toys figure? Personally, I would go for the figure over the colorful paper lol. If i had enough money I'd get it though, without a doubt!

Just think of it this way (unless you have a bunch of extra money), Poster on the wall or a shiny new Hot Toys figure? Personally, I would go for the figure over the colorful paper lol. If i had enough money I'd get it though, without a doubt!

I subscribe to the notion that a good poster that has appropriate dimensions and placement can greatly enhance a collection.

This horizontal Avengers poster set when framed will look great as a main center banner piece above a Marvel collection with vertical posters on each side of the collection.

But with an Avengers theme as the top vertical piece, the collector needs to continue with the Avengers theme for the side posters.

I subscribe to the notion that a good poster that has appropriate dimensions and placement can greatly enhance a collection.

This horizontal Avengers poster set when framed will look great as a main center banner piece above a Marvel collection with vertical posters on each side of the collection.

But with an Avengers theme as the top vertical piece, the collector needs to continue with the Avengers theme for the side posters.

Wow, I subscribe to that same notion also.:hi5:

And what you suggested is similar to what I did.

As most know, my collection is in my basement. So I decided to really enhance the "entrance" to the madness. Along the top wall of the staircase is the large Avengers poster.

Under that are the individual posters for: Iron Man, Hulk and Captain America....I still need to pick up a Thor.

As you're going down the staircase these are all to your left. Straight ahead as you go down into madness are Spiderman 3 and Batman Dark Knight Returns. To the right going down the staircase are 300, 30 Days of Night and Serenity.

I'll post an updated pic in my collection thread.

Wow, I subscribe to that same notion also.:hi5:

And what you suggested is similar to what I did.

As most know, my collection is in my basement. So I decided to really enhance the "entrance" to the madness. Along the top wall of the staircase is the large Avengers poster.

Under that are the individual posters for: Iron Man, Hulk and Captain America....I still need to pick up a Thor.

As you're going down the staircase these are all to your left. Straight ahead as you go down into madness are Spiderman 3 and Batman Dark Knight Returns. To the right going down the staircase are 300, 30 Days of Night and Serenity.

I'll post an updated pic in my collection thread.

Pics Pics Pics :panic::panic:

Pics Pics Pics :panic::panic:

Post #193 here shows all of the posters: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3734732#post3734732

Here's one of them:

001.jpg

Kevin Feige just announced at the D23 expo that there are only 2 weeks left of filming on The Avengers...

Agent M: Now we're seeing footage! Kevin says we're not releasing this anywhere.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Still no official word on who the villains will be joining Loki or what is in the MoCap suits.

Oh my.....I am thoroughly impress from what I read. Really digging the chemistry between the cast mates just from that read.

Here is a just posted from an attendee viewing of the footage:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Holy ____ im excited beyond belief for this movie and from what i have seen from set vids things are looking good, also just read another detailed description online which seems to suggest a clip of thor hitting caps shield with mjolnir nredgasm

I thought I read somewhere that some of the actors were going to be there. Were any of em there?

I heard chirs hemsworth rdj scar jo tom hiddleston and jeremey renner were all there sam jackson chris evans and mark ruffallo are in cleveland filmimg

Back