The Beatles 1964 Fab Four set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry, Gang. I had no idea Store-rooms was so messed up. I just ordered a TTL 1.0 body from them for my John --Lord knows what they sent me.

Anyway, we WILL get this sorted out and siq, thanks so much for offering a few spare Hofs to the Gang when you finish modding yours. Should be simple moving a control strip and guardplate :cool:

Well, my TTL 1.0 Body arrived today for John and I actually like it, except for the fact they sent me 2 right feet! It prolly won't matter as they wear boots which will support them fine and won't really affect the look of it, but geez, 2 right feet. I emailed Store-rooms. I don't hold them responsible though as the body came in a TTL Box which means the body was clearly packed wrong at the factory.

I'm totally living vicariously through Paul and the rest of the gang here. Keep it coming!!

Thanks, Reiny. :D There are at least 10 of us now working on completing our sets. Spenser's latest update has 8 sets of heads shipped but I know matt (smiff) paid for a set and I have mine with Les, so that makes 10. And I think once more Freaks see pics of completed sets and can get funds together, more will be coming. It will make a Very cool display. I will post a pic of my "Sound Check" stage set up soon, all Guitars, Mic, Amps and Drum set. :cool:

Yeah I think this one may just explode once people starts seeing finished sets:) Spensers asked me for my details now so I assume theyre on their way as I havent heard back after replying.
As for everything else I've decided to scratch build the lot.
Already made the chelsea boots, based on a design over at beatwear.co.uk. Picked thier boots as the shop isnt too far from me and I can go see them for reference, (so nice I may buy a pair too ;).

I'll be building some stuff, too. If I can't get the Hofner, I'll probably scratch build the guitars using balsa wood and the paperguitars templates. As for the Amps, I'll be papercrafting those. I've done some test runs on regular paper and they should look good printed out on photo cardstock. Here's a sample of a 59 Fender Bassman:

FenderBassman.jpg

If you want download it, print it out on 8.5x11 inch card stock, cut it out, fold and think box... The test runs look all right as dio back drops. One sixth toys stuff is still the way to go though.

BTW Smiff, how did you do the Chelsea boots? I'm curious to find out what you used to build those.

As for Chelsea boots in general, from what I've seen, those boots are making a come back fashion-wise on the East Coast here in the US as are pork pie hats...

Mike

Very cool, Mike. I never knew they used Fenders in the early days until I saw this pic. Very curious how it will look built.

beatlessbeststageshot2400x2049.jpg

Oh, and Store-rooms is sending me a new left foot. :yess:

Cool. Didn't you get multiple Hofs?

I got the left hoff yesterday and i just got an email that USPS will be dropping off the 4 righty hoffs today. Shouldnt be hard to convert them to leftys. Im keeping 2 for projects. The capn wants one of them, if anyone wants the other one, send me a pm.

FYI, I also got the white epiphone that storerooms sells. I used nail polish to strip the white paint (a MAJOR pain) and im surprised by how sturdy the guitars are. They are REALLY well made. It has a light wood underneath. I put a clear coat on mine, a little bit of paint, and I now have Johns Rooftop Concert Epiphone!! ( Although Ill have to rearrange some of the volume knobs later)

I got the left hoff yesterday and i just got an email that USPS will be dropping off the 4 righty hoffs today. Shouldnt be hard to convert them to leftys. Im keeping 2 for projects. The capn wants one of them, if anyone wants the other one, send me a pm.

PM sent. I might actually be able to finish this set in June if I get a bass. :yess:

(I had to try out the new emoticons! :D)

You're a Good man, Siq. :rock

Yeah, converting should be snap, just relocate the knob plate and pick guard, sand any glue residue and laquer over. Actually it sounds like a bit of work, but well worth it for a fellow Beatlephile. ;)

Looking forward to seeing pics and congrats on modding the Ep. :D

Last edited:
@Mike Hi, I made them from sculpey with styrene card for the soles. I'm making the molds tomorrow but wont be able to cast until the resin arrives, will take some photos then.

Also picked up supplies for the hofner and neuman mics. At the moment I'm trying to source bits small enough to make the machine heads functional, have most of the stuff I need so shouldnt be long before I can start. I think I may have to make part of the gears though.

Got my mic in today. Not bad at all, it has much more of a ball mic look than I thought and will go just fine with my set. Just waiting on a new VOX emblem (one of mine was flawed and need replacing) and I'll post a complete Stage Set up. But I may not be able to wait and post a pic tomorrow as the difference will be pretty unnoticeable.

Back