The Beatles 1964 Fab Four set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JMI was the official distributor of Fender and Vox amps in the UK in the 60s and supplied both for the Beatles in England.

The ref pic show's a Fender Combo Amp/Speaker one from the mid 60s on John's left but there might Fender Cabinet on George's left.

Prior to the Sullivan Show, Paul preferred the Fender Bassman because at a nominal 50W it was loud enough to be heard over the crowd. Until Sullivan, Vox maxed out at 30W but for the Sullivan show Vox made a new set of 50W Amps. Supposedly, during the sound check the Vox sets weren't loud enough. Fender was prepared to offer their 50W versions through JMI but Vox wasn't too thrilled having their main competitor advertised nationally on television.

Mike

Thanks as always, Mike.

Here's a couple quick, and no so great, snaps of the mic I got today. You can't really see the ball end very well but it is a ball shape. I painted the holder black to match the ref shot below. Needs more tweaking and paint of the holder around the stand but you get the idea. I think it's gonna look pretty good. Need to score another one of these mics. Full Set of "Sound Check" pics coming in a few days. :cool:

aaaamic.jpg

aaamic1-1.jpg

841-455_Beatles__1WEB.jpg

Last edited:
Now might be a bad time to bring up guitars... but, I got the acoustic guitar I ordered from unclefat's website in the mail today.

The tuning keys need to be painted white and if I could replace the copper strings with nylon one's it'd be perfect... it's the right size (scale-wise) for the Ramirez 37.5" George used. It came with it's own case and a wooden guitar stand. Put next to a Resaurus guitar Sunburst D series Gibson I have and they look really good... almost like the AND I LOVE HER vid from A Hard Day's Night.

He's also got these on ebay:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Guita...tem&pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item58877ee821

They look even more like John's guitar than before. Only the fretboard would need to be painted a dark maple. I've asked him about shipping discounts for multiple purchases and, I'll ask him again about getting the Hofner.

Mike

Now might be a bad time to bring up guitars... but, I got the acoustic guitar I ordered from unclefat's website in the mail today.

The tuning keys need to be painted white and if I could replace the copper strings with nylon one's it'd be perfect... it's the right size (scale-wise) for the Ramirez 37.5" George used. It came with it's own case and a wooden guitar stand. Put next to a Resaurus guitar Sunburst D series Gibson I have and they look really good... almost like the AND I LOVE HER vid from A Hard Day's Night.

He's also got these on ebay:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Electric-Guita...tem&pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item58877ee821

They look even more like John's guitar than before. Only the fretboard would need to be painted a dark maple. I've asked him about shipping discounts for multiple purchases and, I'll ask him again about getting the Hofner.

Mike

Mike I got one of his black Ricks( their the same as the ones Storerooms sell) He told me hes out of Gretch's and Hofners, and might get more later.

That's awful siquisiri! Glad I didn't do the Paypal yet, but UGH Hofners are SO frusterating!!!

Yep!!! Should have gotten 2 from storerooms!!

Ouch. Bitten by the Hof curse. Again! I hope this gets worked out Guys.

Siq, any chance any of these Guys will make these in 1/6? Seems to be at least 2 Sellers who expressed interest in doing them.

Ouch. Bitten by the Hof curse. Again! I hope this gets worked out Guys.

Siq, any chance any of these Guys will make these in 1/6? Seems to be at least 2 Sellers who expressed interest in doing them.

IDK. The guy i bought these from, the same ebay seller we ordered our Beatles drum set from, had said he was sending me these in 7-inch format. I got these 10 inch monsters- and the quality is REALLY bad. The ones i got from Storerooms and ebay seller unclefats, are excellent quality, very detailed, and are to scale with the 1/6 figs.

I need the Hofner for the '69 rooftop cocert dio( although I already have the BASSMAN deacal rady to go!), so itll be a while before im done. Hopefully storeroms re-stocks them soon.

Mark was kind enough to send me a replacement VOX Emblem and I got it today, glued it to the speaker so I can post this first Test shot of my Set Up. I couldn't fit all 3 Amp/Speaker Stacks in my Test bg so only 2 are pictured here. Anyway a good WIP Test Shot to show how everything will look together. All guitars are done, just waiting on straps from Seb. The mid afternoon lighting is kind of hard to work with now in L.A. so I'll try to take some more pics in the AM from better angles. But this is fairly close to how it will look. The drumset is still in it's packaging but you get the idea. :cool:

aabeatsc-1.jpg

Last edited:
Great set up, pjam!

Thanks, Man. It's a Labor of Love for us as you know. And well worth it. :D Reposting for anyone who missed it.

Mark was kind enough to send me a replacement VOX Emblem and I got it today, glued it to the speaker so I can post this first Test shot of my Set Up. I couldn't fit all 3 Amp/Speaker Stacks in my Test bg so only 2 are pictured here. Anyway a good WIP Test Shot to show how everything will look together. All guitars are done, just waiting on straps from Seb. The mid afternoon lighting is kind of hard to work with now in L.A. so I'll try to take some more pics in the AM from better angles. But this is fairly close to how it will look. The drumset is still in its packaging but you get the idea. :cool:

aabeatsc-1.jpg

Thanks Gang.:cool:

Here's a couple more. Pretty much same set Up.

aabeatsc2-2.jpg

aabeatsc2-1.jpg

aabeatsc3.jpg

I just noticed I have to paint the Gretsch handle Gold. It never ends :lol

That is probably one of the coolest things I have seen in my entire life.

Wow, that's quite a comment coming from the King of the Display ROOM! :D Thanks Reiny, and you know what, it looks even cooler in hand. Can't wait to finally get this done, I'm dying to see all this with Les' magically painted heads on outfitted figures.

Do you plan on making the Ed Sullivan Stage or some sort of environment? It'd look cool without it (as clearly seen above) but it would be impressive with something like that made.

Back