The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, I've never seen them and there's no way I'd pay that much for a big slip cover if that's all it is.

I'm not fussy when it comes to movies. I like a lot of things others don't. I would think someone must've liked them to make 4 of them!

This is true. I definitely have a lot of crappy movies in my collection. :rotfl:rotfl

Somebody must be watching those SAW movies. Look how many there are of those things! :monkey4

I have the first one on DVD and I've never gotten the nerve to watch it. :lol

From Criterion's Facebook page. A sign of things to come this year?

34824_10150119162589903_716094902_7670499_7022153_n.jpg

First off, I've never seen them and there's no way I'd pay that much for a big slip cover if that's all it is.

I'm not fussy when it comes to movies. I like a lot of things others don't. I would think someone must've liked them to make 4 of them!

I saw the first 3. I think they're a decent diversion. :)

Nothing to write home about, but fun.

Somebody must be watching those SAW movies. Look how many there are of those things! :monkey4

I have the first one on DVD and I've never gotten the nerve to watch it. :lol

You should watch it. The first one is a truly great horror movie. The ending gives me goosebumps.

From Criterion's Facebook page. A sign of things to come this year?

34824_10150119162589903_716094902_7670499_7022153_n.jpg

Criterions New Years drawing hinting at titles yet to be announced :rock

Where's the blue colors that signify which ones are Blu-ray? :monkey4
:monkey2

They havnt done that before, have they? I think Blu-Ray is popular enough for them that they won't exclude as many (or any) titles like they've done before :dunno

Here's a link to Criterioncast where they have guessed most of them:
https://criterioncast.com/2011/01/0...g-hints-at-criterions-2011-slate-of-releases/

I don't understand why all their releases aren't Blu. :dunno

I think it had something to do with cost. It wouldnt make sense for them to release certain movies on Blu-Ray because they may not be popular enough. But they did release a few movies last year that i wish they had released on Blu-Ray as well :(
But i don't know what their logic is behind it. The same with Warner Bros. and which title get's a digibook release and which doesnt :confused:

I might be interested in The Great Dictator. Diabolique sounds interesting, but did that damn site reveal the ending? :mad:

They havnt done that before, have they? I think Blu-Ray is popular enough for them that they won't exclude as many (or any) titles like they've done before :dunno
They used to do blue colors for those that were going to be on Blu-ray. But I bet you're right in that now most of their new releases will also get the Blu-ray treatment.

I might be interested in The Great Dictator. Diabolique sounds interesting, but did that damn site reveal the ending? :mad:

I don't know (lame if he did), i just read the titles and stay away from anything else they write :D

They used to do blue colors for those that were going to be on Blu-ray. But I bet you're right in that now most of their new releases will also get the Blu-ray treatment.

I hope so. I don't want to miss out on a movie because they only release it on DVD. Still annoy's me they released Night Train To Munic on DVD and not Blu-Ray :mad:

I hope so. I don't want to miss out on a movie because they only release it on DVD. Still annoy's me they released Night Train To Munic on DVD and not Blu-Ray :mad:

I am accepting the fact that I will miss out on movies that will be DVD only. I told myself I will only get Criterion Blu-rays since it's easier to have that as a complete collection now. :lol:lol:rotfl

I am accepting the fact that I will miss out on movies that will be DVD only. I told myself I will only get Criterion Blu-rays since it's easier to have that as a complete collection now. :lol:lol:rotfl

:lol

It wouldnt be complete anyway since to lost the rights to some titles. So there's gonna be quite a few gaps in the Blu-Ray collection :(

:lol

It wouldnt be complete anyway since to lost the rights to some titles. So there's gonna be quite a few gaps in the Blu-Ray collection :(

Oh I know, there's no way I'd get all 600 or whatever Criterion films. So I am just fine with having every single film they've released on Blu-ray. :yess:

Back