The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just getting started with Criterion. :D

How many are you up to?

24c9zc5.jpg

Criterion's a hell of a drug

Have four blus so far from them. Super excited to upgrade my Y tu Mama Tambien though, and just sift through the previous releases.

I have:
Cronos
Seven Samurai
The Darjeeling Limited
Benjamin Button

I don't know if anyone cares, but Disney has a $10 coupon up on Disney Rewards for Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2. You need the UPC code off the first Chihuahua movie. The code is: 786936769418 The movie isn't out till Feb.

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced Megamind for Blu-ray release on February 25, in a BD/DVD "Mega Double Pack," including a new Megamind adventure, titled "The Button of Doom," featuring members of the original voice cast. Although this Dreamworks Animation movie was produced and shown theatrically in 3D, only a 2D BD version has been announced at the moment. Going from previous DWA titles, such as How to Train Your Dragon 3D and Monsters vs. Aliens 3D, a 3D version may come out as part of a Samsung 3D hardware bundle.

Special features include:
Filmmakers' commentary
Megamind: The Button of Doom
The Animators' Corner (BD-exclusive)
Trivia Track (BD-exclusive)
Comic Creator (BD-exclusive)
Behind the Mind (BD-exclusive)
Meet the Cast of Megamind
Deleted scene
Inside Megamind's Lair
AnimatorMan
You Can Draw Megamind
Mega Rap
The Reign of Megamind—Video Comic Book
Spot the Difference
Previews
World of DreamWorks Animation

19203_front.jpg

Was Megamind any good? I'm kind of weary of non-Disney/Pixar animated films, although I enjoyed the hell out of "How To Train Your Dragon".

I missed it in theaters, but I'll be getting the Blu-ray.

And Chien, are you really asking about whether or not to buy a movie? :tap

First off, I've never seen them and there's no way I'd pay that much for a big slip cover if that's all it is.

I'm not fussy when it comes to movies. I like a lot of things others don't. I would think someone must've liked them to make 4 of them!

Movies are for my enjoyment.

I am from the 80's where movies were fun and full of action.

They helped me pass the time and enjoy myself with friends and family.

I don't want them all to be blockbusters, but I do want them to entertain.

These do for their genre. I have them all and will get the new one.

People have to remember to not take the medium so serious or they will lose the enjoyment that is movies.

I might be interested in The Great Dictator. Diabolique sounds interesting, but did that damn site reveal the ending? :mad:

I may be in for these too as well.

I also enjoy Some like it hot, Carlos and Sunday Bloody Sunday.

I'm excited about Y Tu Mama Tambien! Me gusta la pelicula de Alfonso Cuaron. Si. :hi5:

I am sure you do sir :)

Just getting started with Criterion. :D

I as well. At least on Blu. I only have one, maybe two. :(

I missed it in theaters, but I'll be getting the Blu-ray.

And Chien, are you really asking about whether or not to buy a movie? :tap

Just so he can then buy it anyway. LOL. :lol

I really liked this movie and I'll definately get it. I don't understand why some of these movies are only available in 3D if you buy the 3D bundle. Once you buy that bundle, you don't need to get another one. This is the only way you can get Avatar on 3D, is to buy a bundle with the glasses.

Looks like Chungking Express has gone OOP. Criterion hasnt said anything but Amazon, Borders, B&N and Axel Music have stopped selling it. Criterion still have it in stock (hoping Ill can order one for me :pray:).

Yes I am!!!!! :gah::lol:lol

Shut up and buy the damn movie!

:D

Looks like Chungking Express has gone OOP. Criterion hasnt said anything but Amazon, Borders, B&N and Axel Music have stopped selling it. Criterion still have it in stock (hoping Ill can order one for me :pray:).

Shut up and buy the damn movie!

:D

Sweet! Chunking was the first Criterion Blu-ray I ever bought. Hope you never find one now, muahahahahah!!!!!!!:nana::nana::nana::nana:

Just kidding. :1-1::1-1:

I'm surprised at the excitement to own Back to the Futures Part II and III. I don't even acknowledge them.

I didn't much care for the BTTF sequels when they came out and have been very harsh on them for years, including this thread when the blu-rays were announced. I ended up watching the trilogy a couple of times when AMC was running the marathon last week and must say I enjoyed them much more seeing them again! A step down from the first one but whatever, pretty fun flicks.

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Tomorrow at 11:30 PST, a "most impressive" announcement will be made regarding the Blu-ray release of Star Wars: The Complete Saga. The event will be held at Panasonic's booth at the CES electronics fair in Las Vegas, which makes it likely that a 3D conversion of the Star Wars will also be a part of the announcement.

A 2011 street date for the saga had already been confirmed by George Lucas himself (see blu-ray.com, August 14, 2010). This release will include new, extensive special features, including documentaries, vintage behind-the-scenes moments, interviews, retrospectives and never-before-seen footage from the Lucasfilm archives.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5689

Warner Home Video has announced Hereafter for Blu-ray release on March 15, in a BD/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. The latest movie directed by veteran filmmaker Clint Eastwood, Hereafter stars Matt Damon as a blue-collar American with a special connection to the afterlife. The BD will feature the 90-minute documentary The Eastwood Factor – Extended Version, for the first time in high definition.

Special features include:
Focus Points:
Tsunami! Recreating a Disaster
Is There Life After Death?
Clint on Casting
Delving into the Hereafter
Twin Bonding
French Speaking French
Why The White Light?
Hereafter's Locations - "Casting" the Silent Characters
The Eastwood Experience
The Eastwood Factor

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5687

Star Wars: The Complete Saga? Does that mean George is going to force us to buy the PT along with the OT? :panic:

Back