The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Those are good selections. Great to see Blow Out and Fear and Loathing on Blu! :rock

I'm definitely getting Blow Out, Fear And Loathing and Le Cercle but i'm not sure about the other 3. Maybe White Material.

Universal released Fear And Loathing on Blu-Ray last year but it was a mediocre release.

I'm definitely getting Blow Out, Fear And Loathing and Le Cercle but i'm not sure about the other 3. Maybe White Material.

Universal released Fear And Loathing on Blu-Ray last year but it was a mediocre release.

I know, I heard it was icky. I kept hoping for it on Criterion Blu-ray and now we will have it! :hi5::yess::yess:

Last edited:
I just saw a Demo of Avatar on the Panasonic 3D TV. It looks absolutely amazing. I would say it looks even better than what it does at the cinema, as the 3D seemed to work a lot better for me

So was the movie. :monkey1

You just hatin' 'cause Edward aint in it :lecture

EdwardCullen1.jpg

I just saw a Demo of Avatar on the Panasonic 3D TV. It looks absolutely amazing. I would say it looks even better than what it does at the cinema, as the 3D seemed to work a lot better for me

Over here that's the only way you can get Avatar on 3D is to buy a Panasonic 3d TV and the 3D starter kit. :(

I haven't. I am so upset they lost this one. I still feel that for many titles my HD-DVD's look better. But hey, what can you do.

:lecture Some of the import HD DVDs have better A/V than the Blu Rays too. Not to mention that there's still some HD DVDs that have yet to come to the Blu side. I still have my HD DVD players, and love that I can still buy movies for it that are $1-10.

~~Great to hear news on the LOTR EE Blu Rays...I was starting to lose my resolve and considering buying the regular editions.

Sweet.... when is this coming out?

That's alot of discs !!!!!

:lecture Some of the import HD DVDs have better A/V than the Blu Rays too. Not to mention that there's still some HD DVDs that have yet to come to the Blu side. I still have my HD DVD players, and love that I can still buy movies for it that are $1-10.

~~Great to hear news on the LOTR EE Blu Rays...I was starting to lose my resolve and considering buying the regular editions.

Which HD's have proven better transfers wook ?

I am so happy to hear the LOTR news ! :clap:clap:clap

I too am interested in which HD transfers are better than their blu counterparts. I have a ton of HD-DVDs, but they are in storage right now.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Here are a couple from DVD Talk:

Apollo 13
The Thing
Happy Feet
Lady In The Water
Training Day
Phantom Of The Opera
[/FONT]

Back