The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A finally saw the Hisense H9 in person lastnight and I have to say not a bad picture for an edge lit at $600 (it will probably soon drop to $500).

It had a 4k volcano eruption demo playing very sharp.

It comes with a true native 120 refresh rate panel not the 60 like in the TCL 6 series and it has DV!

Personally for me I would still choose the TCL due to the FALD but if you’re in the market for an inexpensive very thin tv with DV and a true 120 panel I don’t think that’s a bad option.

And here I thought you usually spoke English. I have no idea what you just said.

:lol

And here I thought you usually spoke English. I have no idea what you just said.

:lol

Technically I am fluent in many forms of communication just not C3PO levels mind you lol

Wait that sweet new TCL with DV doesn't have a 120 refresh rate? Isn't that supposed to be super important, lol?

Great question lol

Ok here goes.

Would’ve I preferred the TCL to be native 120 of course I would’ve i’m not going to lie and say no.

BUT that FALD is way more important to the overall performance than a 120 panel which while cool lets be real here it’s not 240 we’re sacrificing here.

The edge lit Hisense can keep their 120 please make mine a FALD any day of the week.

Contrast > Motion

Especially since the TLC correctly displays-preserves 24fps film cadence which is motion that matters to me (i’m not certain if that Hisense does).

Besides i’m not a sports person so...

Die Hard native 24fps > Smooth Yet Boring Baseball Game :lol

Last edited:
Okay then if neither TCL nor Hisense offer DV *and* FALD then what's the best value TV that does?

Because yes movie 24fps trumps all but I do pretty much follow all the local sports teams as well, lol.

You sitting?

There isn’t one!!!!

Does not exist.

doh!

TCL is as close to perfection as you’re going to get at under $1,500.

Had it been 120 it would’ve decimated the expensive LED brands from S Korea/Japan!

Ok fine minus the nits output of course.

Boo ya! :rock

15465403643774846914448575753514.jpg

TCL is as close to perfection as you’re going to get at under $1,500.

Had it been 120 it would’ve decimated the expensive LED brands from S Korea/Japan!

Ok fine minus the nits output of course.

Well okay then since I'm not spending more than a grand for my living room TV (big TV for entertainment room is coming later) then it sounds like TCL is the winner even after the Christmas sale. Thanks for heads up! :duff

:rock :rock

Well okay then since I'm not spending more than a grand for my living room TV (big TV for entertainment room is coming later) then it sounds like TCL is the winner even after the Christmas sale. Thanks for heads up! :duff

Try to go into the TCL 6 series with the same expectations as Aquaman :lol

I know you know this but it’s worth repeating that for $500-600 you are not getting a sun in the box like those nuclear powered Q series from Samsung and Delilah lol

But to get those LED nuke nits you’re paying like 2k and up not even $1,500!!!

Just curb your expectations shut off the lights and be amazed.

I still can’t get over just how fast the TCL turnd on and off it’s insane i’ve never seen anything like it.

It was quick BEFORE I chose to enable their quick on/off option lol

After I enabled it is instant on!

You know what's crazy, in 1996 I dropped $1500 on a 32 inch Sony CRT, lol. That's $2,409.03 in 2018 dollars. :google

So I'm not opposed to paying four figures for a TV but this TCL will just be a placeholder for living room viewing. Finally I'll soon be in the freaking 4K club, lol.

Oh gosh yes we’ve all been there.

How my wife didn’t dip after all the home theater “upgrade” purchases I have made since the late 90’s is a miracle.

I owned the famous Hitachi 65 big box rear projection I could’ve slept in it.

I paid $1,200 for the first HD-DVD player with the professional “Hollywood Up Converting” chip which wasn’t hype it was the real deal amazing stuff!

It just goes on and on MINUS projectors never liked them never will!

Oh gosh yes we’ve all been there.

How my wife didn’t dip after all the home theater “upgrade” purchases I have made since the late 90’s is a miracle.

I owned the famous Hitachi 65 big box rear projection I could’ve slept in it.

I paid $1,200 for the first HD-DVD player with the professional “Hollywood Up Converting” chip which wasn’t hype it was the real deal amazing stuff!

It just goes on and on MINUS projectors never liked them never will!

:lol :lol

A finally saw the Hisense H9 in person lastnight and I have to say not a bad picture for an edge lit at $600 (it will probably soon drop to $500).

It had a 4k volcano eruption demo playing very sharp.

It comes with a true native 120 refresh rate panel not the 60 like in the TCL 6 series and it has DV!

Personally for me I would still choose the TCL due to the FALD but if you’re in the market for an inexpensive very thin tv with DV and a true 120 panel I don’t think that’s a bad option.

Jye can give us his last year's leftovers- he must have a garage full of stuff:lol

Let’s have a real world review in a week or so. I’m curious about it and it’s looking more and more like the one I’ll be getting soon.

I picked up the player because it was on sale (still came to a little over $200 with the service plan) but I won't have a 4K display to watch it on for another 4-5 weeks yet.

I picked up the player because it was on sale (still came to a little over $200 with the service plan) but I won't have a 4K display to watch it on for another 4-5 weeks yet.

It’s all good. I’m holding out just to observe CES, but I agree with jye, probably nothing too earth-shattering in terms of players.

Back