The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Announcements I now fully expect to hear at CES:

1. Dolby Vision is being phased out
2. TCL 6 Series discontinued and immediately pulled from shelves
3. BB no longer accepting returns on any players

lol

Holy crap :lol

Can you imagine if TCL adds 3D and 120 to their new 7 series and only goes up to $700! :panic:

Can you imagine just how fast jye will return his 6 series lol

Last edited:
I honestly can't.

At some point it will look so real, it won't look good anymore.

Then retroists will be like: Hey man, 1990's DVD is the only true video supplement.

That’s it companies are coming out swinging pre CES!

Samsung’s 8k has been independently measured putting out 4,300 nits :horror :thud:

Does that come with a sunburn lol

The Q9 can do around 3,200 nits if i’m not mistaken which is already insane can you imagine another 1,000 ontop of that.

Kvev also don’t get confused with a tv that has a 120 refresh rate and and one that can display a 120fps video at 4k.

The 4K/120 and 8k/60 capability will be one of the big selling points to usher in 8k because it requires HDMI standard 2.1 which no 2018 has that can actually be utilized not even the super expensive Q9 or LG OLEDs. Maybe they have certain functionalities of 2.1 but not the main important one.

We can finally watch Hobbit at 4K at 120fps (HFR) :lol

I think Avatar 2 might go that way as well.

Maybe i’ll watch a full 120fps of Die Hard lol

Industry experts have announced that the electronic companies have started work on 10K displays :lol

8K is dead before it even started lol

Evil people they are :lol

Interesting though it won’t be a doubling to 16 then good to know actually.

Ha, 55 inch 4K is where I'm headed, lol. I figure after 5 years with my 48 inch Samsung 1080p 3D that a bigger screen with marvelous HDR should wow me well enough for the next 2-3 years at least. :)

But yeah whenever I see those 70-80 inch screens at Best Buy all I can ever think is "some day...." :rock

Back