The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do all my main watching/gaming on the 80 the 55 TCL was for my wife in the living room and my son has a 65 4K (Edge) in his bedroom for his gaming.

The 4K/120 and 8k/60 capability will be one of the big selling points to usher in 8k because it requires HDMI standard 2.1 which no 2018 has that can actually be utilized not even the super expensive Q9 or LG OLEDs. Maybe they have certain functionalities of 2.1 but not the main important one.

Can you clarify the bold for a novice please?

One word is all you need to know:

BANDWITH!

2.0 pipeline not optimal for the massive transfer of data that 4K/120 and 8K/60 requires.

All this just for stupid videogames and maybe sports :lol

Because unless Cameron is going to deliver Avatar 2 at 120fps it’s freaking useless lol

C’mon give US OUR 3D BACK because THAT I USE!

I am perfectly happy gaming at 30fps and **** sports!

At one point Cameron said that the new Avatar movies would do 24fps for the live-action elements but 60fps for the CGI since he didn't like how The Hobbit's HFR made the actors look. We'll see if he ever changed his tune on that one especially since getting his hands on the Mirage 4KLH RGB laser projection system last year which is capable of 120fps. I remember that Brian Singer was initially on the HFR bandwagon as well and then quickly jumped off after Hobbit's mixed reviews.

HFR takes the "movie look" right out of the movie.

Theatrical experience is supposed to be an omniscient experience -- and that 'film look' gives you some distance, some separation from reality. HFR starts to look 'too real' and therefore brings the movie-going experience down to the common level the eye sees every day. It takes away what's special about a movie. That elegant barrier that makes movie stars, action heroes and gigantic monsters 'seem' real enough yet bigger and better.

And HFR is going to ruin practical effects.

Not just practical but cgi has to be near flawless for it to survive the HFR effect.

HFR means real life which makes sense that it destroys weak cgi but even great practical gets exposed!

HFR is for sports and moon landings.

THAT BEING SAID make no mistake about it an HFR moving image at 8K will be blistering laser sharp perfection gorgeous.

Cameron must have something tech wise up his sleeve right?

Is the delay because he’s trying to get that secret “something” to be finalized.

Last edited:
Z8QWR8.gif

Back