The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will soon be a day where a “bad” tv no matter how inexpensive will no longer be possible we’re almost there probably by 2025.

There are hardware (tv) and software (disc encoding) algorithms being done behind the scenes to better translate a cinematographers intended color grading onto a tv which the current gamma curve system (gamma 2.1 2.2 2.4 etc) is inadequate for delivering that accurately.

Right now as it stands if a cinematographer/director light a hallway scene a certain way at home even on the newest tv all you’re getting is a guesstimate of their intended hallway lighting.

These new algorithms that will be on the disc and tv via dynamic HDR will actually carry the meta data of that hallway lighting.

In other words cinematographer/director assign an HDR number value to the hallway lighting and the disc is now encoded to tell the tv to show that exact hallway light value but the tv has to have the proper dynamic HDR and nit output to handle that value.

Bye bye gamma curve hello HDR.

It’s not all about the resolution (4K/8K) but make mine 8K anyways why not right.

Now leave me be Wor-Gar lol

Last edited:
But of course not. Sad to see them go.

Ok, I will look into getting it then. Does it come with the appropriate HDMI cord?

Heck no you get batteries for the remote and that’s it lol

Stay away!

Less FALD zones than TCL blacks not as deep are the results.

Roku platform much better (love it I can’t use another)

Still a 60 panel don’t buy into their 240 marketing

If I'd have to pay a monthly fee just watch a proper format that should have been included on disc then no sale. Thank God SW, LOTR, and the majority of other films won't feature that nonsense.

Bingo!

If you have the room then yes that 75 will drop...not might drop but will drop next Nov-Feb (BF, pre Christmas or Super bowl). You just know in one of those 3 price drop events it will happen.

If the 18 TCL 55 is still available near super bowl it might go back down to $500 or even $450!!!

I will be doing the dumbest thing I can possibly do with my money and that is buying that TCL 8K come next October and have no 8K media to watch on it lol

Actually since the whole business model is just corrupt I have zero doubt in my mind that 8K blurays are ready to be pressed at a moments notice.

I wish they had skipped over the 4K stop gap and went straight to 8K 4 years ago that is a true resolution upgrade to get excited over.

James Cameron himself has been recommending that everyone just sit out the whole "4K fad" and wait till the good stuff comes soon after but I can't wait anymore I need HDR in my home. :lol

Yeah thankfully the cost to jump in now is perfectly low hence why spending over 1K for a 4K this close to 8K is pointless, you’re going down the correct path.

In reality, aren't we still about 3 years from 8K actually being affordable AND enough blu rays in 8K remastered to make it worth it?

Get your 4K now and enjoy it. Just make sure its at least 55"... go 65"-75" if you can. One day, you'll be able to hang that in your bedroom or perhaps even the bathroom.

Back