The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m in the same boat as Rushmore. Also, it’s an easier to let family watch a movie in your digital library than letting them borrow your discs.

Also, if you don’t want your digital copies, Wor-Gar, you can sell them and recoup some of your money. Some people just want a digital library.

Additionally, most of your movies exist in the cloud through a service such as Movies Anywhere or Vudu, so you stream them. That way you don’t need to worry about storage space (although you can download a film to the device or your choice so you don’t need to worry about uninterrupted streaming).

Yeah my wife and son don’t need the disc for any of their viewings they could care less about bit rate.

My wife says Netflix 4K looks spectacular lol

For every bit rate psycho like me and rushmore there are 100,000 like my wife.

Yeah my wife and son don’t need the disc for any of their viewings they could care less about bit rate.

My wife says Netflix 4K looks spectacular lol

For every bit rate psycho like me and rushmore there are 100,000 like my wife.
True, my wife only recently admitted she could tell the difference with 4K, that's after 2 years. Does she care? No. She'd be fine with standard definition DVD.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Everytime my wife walks past my vast bluray wall she sighs lol

I just finally got around today to throwing away some collectible boxes she was pleased.

Those boxes really build up quite fast don’t they.

Honestly I'm pretty happy with blu-ray. I imagine that if physical media went no further than 4K that I could be content from here on out...*if* they kept actually releasing films on that format of course.

Worse case scenario I imagine that it might one day be like retro PC gaming. Physical discs for old DOS and Windows 95/98 games ended many years ago but you can still download those games and save to a flash drive and play with an emulator. So you still kind of have a physical copy to carry around in the form of the flash drive itself. So regardless of any internet connection I can still boot up the original Wing Commander in all its glory if I want.

So you do have one. Which one?

I still own a 1/6 Vader, Luke, Wolverine and Punisher.

1/4 Keaton Batman, Predator and Terminator.

SHFA Han and Mafex Fett.

A crap load of Hasbro, NECA and Marvel Selects lol

Honestly I'm pretty happy with blu-ray. I imagine that if physical media went no farther than 4K that I could be content from here on out...*if* they kept actually releasing films on that format of course.

Worse case scenario I imagine that it might one day be like retro PC gaming. Physical discs for old DOS and Windows 95/98 games endedany years ago but you can still download those games and save to a flash drive and play with an emulator. So you still kind of have a physical copy to carry around in the form of the flash drove itself. So regardless of any internet connection I can still boot up the original Wing Commander in all its glory if I want.

I’m more concerned with quality than quantity.

But I must have an 8K disc from a 70mm original :thud: before I die.

giphy.gif

Back