The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My eyes are so clueless I've been drooling over my new TV for months now until just last night realizing that I had to go into my 4K player settings and actually switch Dolby Vision to "On" in order for it display that format with compatible discs. :banghead

Stupid ass Sony, why would anyone ever want that turned off, lol. Oh well, back to resampling my small handful of DV discs all over again. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

darthviper107: "These two," *looks at Dunkirk and Basket Case* "I don't want those kind."

"What?"

darthviper107: "Your native 4K discs, they'll have to wait outside."

Yep, lol.

TangibleShinyGrassspider-small.gif

:lol :lol :lol

darthviper107: "These two," *looks at Dunkirk and Basket Case* "I don't want those kind."

"What?"

darthviper107: "Your native 4K discs, they'll have to wait outside."

Why are you assuming I have something against 4K? I'm just being honest that most movies aren't actually 4K which makes pushing 8K a waste of time.

Why are you assuming I have something against 4K? I'm just being honest that most movies aren't actually 4K which makes pushing 8K a waste of time.

Sheesh can you please relax we love to joke around here just go with the flow will you lol

What Khev just wrote there is to be appreciated with a lol not super analyzed.

Look at me i’m giggling like a sex crime prosecutor at a Brian Singer deposition.

Oh come on I just implied that Basket Case had the same PQ as Dunkirk and compared myself to the fat lightsaber kid who doesn't know how to operate his own equipment. You must know that we switch from serious discussion to comedy often mid-sentence around here. ;)

I know that you're just being realistic with what you expect Hollywood to provide on disc. :duff

Sheesh can you please relax we love to joke around here just go with the flow will you lol

What Khev just wrote there is to be appreciated with a lol not super analyzed.

Look at me i’m giggling like a sex crime prosecutor at a Brian Singer deposition.

:lol :lol

latest

Ben: 8K's not worth the effort.

I know, I know, Khev did this like.... minutes ago. He and I heard the same thing in your post. That's fandom.

I totally read your past as Luke “I’ll be careful then” lol

I guess you’re like Gandalf, never late. nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to lol

My eyes are so clueless I've been drooling over my new TV for months now until just last night realizing that I had to go into my 4K player settings and actually switch Dolby Vision to "On" in order for it display that format with compatible discs. :banghead

Stupid ass Sony, why would anyone ever want that turned off, lol. Oh well, back to resampling my small handful of DV discs all over again. :lol

I like that on the LG 4k player I bought automatically picks the best format on the source material. My movies that have Dolby atmos default to that. It still says something about how good the picture on your tv is though Khev. I really don't think I will upgrade to 8k because I feel I wont really see the difference unless doing a side by side comparison.

Your eyes aren't clueless, there's just not that much of a difference between DV and HDR10.

Back