The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

They can flick a switch and BAM native 4K Hellboy coming your way in a mere 3 weeks no less!

HELLBOY!!!

What was that discussion we were having about 8K tvs bringing Hollywood down to their knees too much future tech that big Hollywood can’t handle boo hoo lol

2019 Hellboy NOT Lawrence of Arabia but Hellboy!!!

Let that sink in.

Hollywood can’t my ass lol

Last edited:
Re: The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

They can flick a switch and BAM native 4K Hellboy coming your way in a mere 3 weeks no less!

HELLBOY!!!
And cinephiles/videophiles will buy it just because it's native 4K.

Kinda like how I buy movies I know I won't like, simply because it's 3D and cheap.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HELLBOY!!!

What was that discussion we were having about 8K tvs bringing Hollywood down to their knees too much future tech that big Hollywood can’t handle boo hoo lol

Let that sink in.

Well at least we're getting The Wizard of Oz in 4k. It's a start.

That is messed up about Hellboy.

The richest entertainment studio on the planet with, arguably, the most successful movie to date and they opt for a cheap upscale. While Lionsgate takes their crapfest of a movie and springs for the full enchilada. :cuckoo:

Actually sadly and ufortunately they’re making the right business decision for them because they know jye will double triple dip. :gah:

If Disney wanted we would’ve already had native 4K MCU movies with proper Imax aspect ratios but they love those benjamins lol

Well I’m off to Best Buy to go by my fake 4K Captain Marvel :monkey2

Last edited:
If it was up to darth you would be watching Cap’s epic EG moments in 480p :rotfl

Khev: “but darth my 4K tv can handle the.....”

darth: “Zip it pal 480p is good enough don’t you have any sympathy for the strain on VFX server farms...dear god man!”

HELLBOY!!!

Let that sink in.

Not native 4K
-Shot in 3.4K
-VFX done in 2K
-Mastered in 4K

Oh goody

If it was up to darth you would be watching Cap’s epic EG moments in 480p :rotfl

Khev: “but darth my 4K tv can handle the.....”

darth: “Zip it pal 480p is good enough don’t you have any sympathy for the strain on VFX server farms...dear god man!”

I'd love for stuff to be in full 4K or 8K, but I just look at the facts, most movies weren't mastered at 4K and aren't likely to be updated. Don't get your hopes up. And wait a while for 8K because there will be very little worthwhile content for it for a long time.

Lol, luckily picture quality is so good for even subpar releases that it's not that big a deal. I feel very fortunate to remember the many years of fuzzy VHS, lol.

Those were the days - playing with the tracking button to get the squigglies out of the picture. We've come a long ways for sure.

So Disney is currently mum if CM bluray is fake 4K or not but more interesting is that CM was possibly filmed in 8K.

But CM bluray reviews are confused over the DI.

I hear all this talk about 8K and my future self tells me to remember the past and that this format will be as forgotten as Beta or DVD within a decade.

There's a completely new type of tech on the horizon. Beyond digital. Not even in your wildest imagination yet. It will make the word "disc" as archaic as "tape".

I'll wait.

Back