The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG I just can’t....

Lionsgate is pleased to announce that the 2019 Hellboy has been given the full native real 4KDI treatment for its home release!!!

I’m watching a fake 4K IW while HB was born in a native 4K environment :rotfl

What’s next a native 8K DP release. :lol

I told you this industry is messed up lol

That's like serving Gruel on fine China, while the caviar and Foie Gras is served on dirty paper plates.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That is messed up about Hellboy.

The richest entertainment studio on the planet with, arguably, the most successful movie to date and they opt for a cheap upscale. While Lionsgate takes their crapfest of a movie and springs for the full enchilada. :cuckoo:

Lionsgate is trying its hardest to recoup their losses on Hellboy 2019. In addition to the 4K release, Hellboy is getting TWO SteelBooks domestically:

Double sided Target Exclusive (not 4K):

ahvh1Uk.jpg

Best Buy exclusive with Mike Mignola art:

xa6Au3N.jpg

I love SteelBooks, and I love Mike Mignola's source material, but all indications are that this movie was a turd...

Didn’t get a chance to go see Zhang Yimou’s Shadow during its limited run so i’m thrilled to have PO the 4K for an august release date it certainly looks bad ass has great reviews and he’s back to form with this thankfully.

I adore Hero and House of Flying Daggers.

Amazing the power of money.

There's a family who had Imax come out and build a 70mm theater in a separate building on their property and they went and acquired technicolor prints of SW.

Umm, I own a TCL tv lol

Credit to the peeps at the SteelBook forum at www.blu-ray.com:

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K Steelbook Best Buy Exclusive

6355303_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Better yet, order this bundle NOW while it's available.

9999300000000388_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

6355301_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

The bundle is $5 more ($39.99 vs. $34.99), but I think is worth it. Obviously there’s no way to confirm this until it actually ships, but I’d think you’d get TWO digital codes with this: the early code that comes with the Digital Copy steel, then the code that comes with the SteelBook when the movie hits street date.

Sell off the second code.

Unless Lionsgate has some way to keep the people that buy the bundle from getting a “regular” release SteelBook. A different SKU, perhaps?

Credit to the peeps at the SteelBook forum at www.blu-ray.com:

John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum 4K Steelbook Best Buy Exclusive

6355303_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

Better yet, order this bundle NOW while it's available.

9999300000000388_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

6355301_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

The bundle is $5 more ($39.99 vs. $34.99), but I think is worth it. Obviously there’s no way to confirm this until it actually ships, but I’d think you’d get TWO digital codes with this: the early code that comes with the Digital Copy steel, then the code that comes with the SteelBook when the movie hits street date.

Sell off the second code.

Unless Lionsgate has some way to keep the people that buy the bundle from getting a “regular” release SteelBook. A different SKU, perhaps?

I thought the steelbook was for the BD only not 4K.

Just checked my bundle order and it says 4K for the SteelBook. :dunno

Could be an error on Best Buy’s listing.

X-Men 1-2-3 4K box set is only $30 right now that's not bad 10 bucks each if you want to upgrade which I went ahead and did because that's some black friday gangsta pricing right there lol

Back