The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still getting it, but damn look how fake that shot of them standing over the flames from the tires look.:lol

Looks real to me :lol

3408_3_large.jpg

After a quiet December, Criterion will kick off the New Year with renewed energy, as five very varied titles have been announced for Blu-ray release in January. On January 11, Army of Shadows (L'armée des ombres; Jean-Pierre Melville, 1969) and Robinson Crusoe on Mars (Byron Haskin, 1964). A week later, the studio will release two films by maverick director Samuel Fuller: Shock Corridor (1963) and The Naked Kiss (1964). And finally, on January 25, Broadcast News (James L. Brooks, 1987) will hit shelves.

Army of Shadows will come from a high-definition digital transfer of the 2004 restoration, supervised by director of photography Pierre Lhomme. The transfer of Broadcast News is supervised by director James L. Brooks and editor Richard Marks.

Special features are as follows:

Army of Shadows:
Audio commentary featuring film historian Ginette Vincendeau
Interviews with Pierre Lhomme and editor Françoise Bonnot
On-set footage and excerpts from archival interviews with director Jean-Pierre Melville, cast members, writer Joseph Kessel, and real-life Resistance fighters
Jean-Pierre Melville et 'L'armée des ombres' (2002): a short program on the director and his film
Le journal de la Résistance (1944): a rare short documentary shot on the front lines during the final days of German-occupied France
Film restoration demonstration by Lhomme
Theatrical trailers
A booklet featuring essays by critic Amy Taubin and historian Robert O. Paxton, as well as excerpts from Rui Nogueira's Melville on Melville

Broadcast News:
New audio commentary featuring James L. Brooks and Richard Marks
New documentary on Brooks's career in television and film, featuring actors Marilu Henner (Taxi) and Julie Kavner (Rhoda, The Simpsons) and several other of Brooks's collaborators
Deleted scenes and an alternate ending, with commentary by Brooks
New video interview with veteran CBS news producer Susan Zirinsky, one of the models for actress Holly Hunter's character and an associate producer on the film
Featurette containing on-set footage and interviews with Brooks, Hunter, and actor Albert Brooks
Original theatrical trailer
A booklet featuring an essay by film critic Carrie Rickey

The Naked Kiss:
New video interview with star Constance Towers by film historian and filmmaker Charles Dennis
Excerpts from a 1983 episode of the BBC's The South Bank Show dedicated to director Samuel Fuller
Interview with Fuller from a 1967 episode of the French television series Cinéastes de notre temps
Interview with Fuller from a 1987 episode of the French television series
Cinéma cinémas
Illustrations by cartoonist Daniel Clowes (Eightball, Ghost World) and a booklet featuring an essay by critic and poet Robert Polito and excerpts from Fuller's autobiography, A Third Face: My Tale of Writing, Fighting, and Filmmaking

Robinson Crusoe on Mars:
Audio commentary featuring screenwriter Ib Melchior, actors Paul Mantee and Victor Lundin, production designer Al Nozaki, Oscar-winning special effects designer and Robinson Crusoe on Mars historian Robert Skotak, and excerpts from a 1979 audio interview with director Byron Haskin
Destination Mars, a video featurette by filmmaker and space historian Michael Lennick detailing the science behind the film
Music video: Victor Lundin, "Robinson Crusoe on Mars"
Stills gallery
Theatrical trailer
A booklet featuring an essay by Lennick as well as Melchior's "Brief Yargorian Vocabulary" (a glossary of original alien dialect) and a list of facts about Mars, both from his original screenplay

Shock Corridor:
New video interview with star Constance Towers by film historian and filmmaker Charles Dennis
The Typewriter, the Rifle and the Movie Camera, Adam Simon's 1996 documentary on director Samuel Fuller
Illustrations by cartoonist Daniel Clowes (Eightball, Ghost World) and a booklet featuring an essay by critic and poet Robert Polito and excerpts from Fuller's autobiography, A Third Face: My Tale of Writing, Fighting, and Filmmaking

17068_front.jpg

17072_front.jpg

17071_front.jpg

17069_front.jpg

17070_front.jpg

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5312

I actually think that commercial, and the others in the series, should be on TV during every commercial break. With the gay suicides in the media as of late, we need more support to those who are called such names. I've been there, it's not fun. There needs to be more awareness and support than just these somewhat corny commercials, but every bit helps.

Now, back on topic! :D

agen, I see your point, but they could've done better. The one with...ugh I can't remember her name, blond with horse teeth, was just awful.

:1-1:

Just ordered this through Best Buy but I ordered the 3D verison which also has the 2D blu, DVD and digital copies. It has a free Minion!
:yess:
f_despicable1010_03.jpg

Back