The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is exactly why I'm okay with George Lucas fiddling with the original Star Wars films. I don't want it to look like Back to the Future on blu-ray, because that's extremely distracting.

Fiddling and restoring are different terminology in my book. The last time he fiddled with the OT movies we got the dumb Special Editions. If Lucasarts actually does the restoration process right I will probably mess my pants when watching the Blu Ray. In fact, it might be enough reason for me to finally upgrade to a 1080p LCD.

Cannot wait !

16324_front.jpg

Finally. Bring on the Blu's !!!! I'm there.

does anybody know if they'll be realeasing Conan The Barbarian on blu sometime in the next 5 yrs??? :impatient:

Actually they said 5 yrs, 2 months, 29 days and 12 hours. Sorry .... :panic:

Looks real to me :lol

3408_3_large.jpg

Wow that looks like special effects from a 1980's movie, oh hang on.

You can see it's like that in the Blu-ray trailer, but once again a screengrab gives you a false sense of how it looks compared to a moving image
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/BH0BNbwqNK8?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/BH0BNbwqNK8?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Great Review here
https://www.highdefdiscnews.com/?p=51521

Fiddling and restoring are different terminology in my book. The last time he fiddled with the OT movies we got the dumb Special Editions. If Lucasarts actually does the restoration process right I will probably mess my pants when watching the Blu Ray. In fact, it might be enough reason for me to finally upgrade to a 1080p LCD.

I want updated special effects. I want more realistic ship explosions, completely redone Death Star I/II and Alderaan destructions, consistent-looking lightsabers, better computer generation on Jabba, Dewbacks, Sy Snootles, etc. etc. I mean, this is Lucasfilm we're talking about here. There's no reason that Jabba in ANH shouldn't look 100% realistic in CG, and no reason the lightsabers still look as dodgy as they do.

One thing that has always bugged me about the Death Star explosions is that the explosions are smaller than the space stations themselves. -__-

But I digress. I'm looking forward to these on blu-ray, but I hope they don't end up looking like Back to the Future.

I want updated special effects. I want more realistic ship explosions, completely redone Death Star I/II and Alderaan destructions, consistent-looking lightsabers, better computer generation on Jabba, Dewbacks, Sy Snootles, etc. etc. I mean, this is Lucasfilm we're talking about here. There's no reason that Jabba in ANH shouldn't look 100% realistic in CG, and no reason the lightsabers still look as dodgy as they do.

One thing that has always bugged me about the Death Star explosions is that the explosions are smaller than the space stations themselves. -__-

But I digress. I'm looking forward to these on blu-ray, but I hope they don't end up looking like Back to the Future.

And to think I talked to you at CV. :ignore:

How've you been? :wave

From Blu-ray.com:
Robert Rodriguez’s Mexico Trilogy Coming Up on Blu-ray

An early announcement to retailers indicates that, on January 2011, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release the "Mexico Trilogy" directed by Robert Rodriguez, comprised of El Mariachi, Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Somewhat confusingly, these three movies will reportedly be released neither individually nor as a trilogy box set: the first two will be released as a single-disc double feature on January 11, and the third will come out separately and a week earlier.

Warner Home Video has announced two Oscar-winning media-themed films from the 1970s for Blu-ray release on February 15, 2011: All the President's Men, a retelling of the Watergate burglary investigation that ultimately brought down Richard Nixon's administration; and Network, a prophetic satire that takes equal jabs at the establishment and the counter-revolutionary movement. All the President's Men will be presented in DigiBook packaging with a 40-page book.

Special features include:

All the President's Men

· Telling the Truth About Lies: The Making of All the President’s Men

· Woodward and Bernstein: Lighting the Fire

· Out of the Shadows: The Man Who Was Deep Throat

· Commentary by Robert Redford

· Vintage Featurette Pressure and the Press: The Making of All the President’s Men

· Vintage Jason Robards Interview Excerpt from Dinah!

· Alan J. Pakula Thrillers Trailer Gallery

Network

· The Making of Network 6-Part Documentary: Tune in to How a Movie Landmark Caught Media Lightning, with Sidebars on Paddy Chayefsky, Getting Mad As Hell and Walter Cronkite’s Reflections

· Vintage Paddy Chayefsky Interview Excerpt from Dinah!, Hosted by Dinah Shore

· Commentary by Director Sidney Lumet

· Private Screenings with Sidney Lumet: Turner Classic Movies Host Robert Osborne Interviews the Director

29og50o.jpg

17353_front.jpg

When is the BTTF collector's tin supposed to be available in the US? I was planning on picking up the set on my way home from work today, but the tin looks pretty damn cool...

Back