The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But claiming that a "cold-blooded killer" can't smile? Or appear friendly? Or have white teeth? Really? Are people only pretending to have actually watched The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and countless other Westerns/Crime movies, lol.
He was too friendly and jovial by a fair margin, but I don't have an issue with his teeth. Noticeable as hell, sure -- but don't even rate compared to all of the genuine problems with this show.

I think people just go berserk once they smell blood in the water, and BoBF turned the ocean red.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean that he'd be one of his students, but being such a Force-sensitive little guy, he'll probably grow in skills, Jedi training or not, so it would be odd that he'd just disappear from events surrounding the rise of the First Order, no?
Well we now know that there were like 20 other Force users (Ahsoka, Ezra, Grogu, Maz (?), etc.) during the time of the Empire/OT that were never found so I'm sure he'll be fine, lol.
65lm42.jpg

He was too friendly and jovial by a fair margin, but I don't have an issue with his teeth. Noticeable as hell, sure -- but don't even rate compared to all of the genuine problems with this show.

I think people just go berserk once they smell blood in the water, and BoBF turned the ocean red.
LOL I don't really care about his teeth, tho they are *perfection*. 😁

For me, ultimately, there's plenty that could have been done better; but the pieces are in place for other directors to work with; an even bigger rancour (since this was described as a calf); Vanth and Bane; etc. Wouldn't be surprised to see Boba and Din fighting side by side mythosaur + rancour for the big end battle of all of these series, or at least when the Mandalorian winds up.

If Pedro never actually wore the suit for BOBF (obviously him sitting on the Starliner didn't require a stuntman) then I hope they just do that going forward for any future Fett appearances. Let TM do the voice and nothing more and never take the helmet off again.

273002691-4927076184024334-5435327649801108547-n.jpg

Has anyone discussed what Grogu's fate will be?
I mean, they have to kill him at some point, right? He can't survive into Ben Solo/Kylo Ren murder plan or Snoke/First Order ascension...
That would be a nice dramatic moment, Grogu dying in Mando's arms.

Need I remind you, this is the bunch that had Leia flying through space w/no spacesuit, with no ill effects.

If you think Disney is killing their little green cash cow, I got another think for ya. They will never allow him to be killed. And real talk, I dont want him killed. This is a big galaxy, and one guy - Skywalker - simply cannot be everywhere.

If anything, elderly Mando is more likely to die in Grogu's arms.

Has anyone discussed what Grogu's fate will be?
I mean, they have to kill him at some point, right? He can't survive into Ben Solo/Kylo Ren murder plan or Snoke/First Order ascension...
That would be a nice dramatic moment, Grogu dying in Mando's arms.
That little fella not only has "plot armor" but "sales and marketing armor"...he is NOT dying.

I have no issue with Temeura the person and actually thinks he seems cool, funny and pretty down to earth. I just didn't need so much of him injected into the character he played (mate, bugger, helmet off, etc.)

I like him, he's a nice guy. He just needed to act more like Clint Eastwood in any of his westerns, and less like himself, with the goofy smiles and attitude, imo.

I like him, he's a nice guy. He just needed to act more like Clint Eastwood in any of his westerns, and less like himself, with the goofy smiles and attitude, imo.
I like that he shot the one fleeing assassin in the back with a rocket out of sheer revenge, despite needing information from them. I would have liked to have seen that darker side manifesting more often where he's trying to do good but with him slipping from time to time as remnants of his old self took over. Him being totally fine massacring the bikers (since he still had a grudge against them from Tosche Station) despite Fennec telling him point blank that they probably weren't responsible for the Tuskens' death beforehand was another nice example of that.

This Boba Fett is what you get when you try to merge the OT with the PT.
Exactly. Longtime fans are understandably fixated with how this Fett connects to 1980 ESB Fett but George abandoned that version decades ago. But if you accept the PT and TCW as canon then Tython/BOBF Finale Fett is actually a huge step up in coolness from that version.

Thankfully, the creators have given us a lifeboat to jump to first: Mando.
And once again, exactly. :exactly:

If you want Mando to fill in for what Fett could have been you've got S1 and S2 and the last three episodes of BOBF. I think if the first four episodes of BOBF didn't exist and Mando S2 actually had three extra episodes with Mando getting a new ship, giving Grogu armor, helping Fett fight a turf war and then flying off with his little buddy then pretty much everybody would be totally fine with the story as is.

RR/Favreau just went a little far (putting it generously, lol) with crossing over into comic book/cartoon territory with those first four episodes (particularly episodes 3 and 4.)

If you want Mando to fill in for what Fett could have been you've got S1 and S2 and the last three episodes of BOBF. I think if the first four episodes of BOBF didn't exist and Mando S2 actually had three extra episodes with Mando getting a new ship, giving Grogu armor, helping Fett fight a turf war and then flying off with his little buddy then pretty much everybody would be totally fine with the story as is.

Yeah, I'm more than happy to accept this version for what I like best, my personal canon.

Mando is, after all, a new century update of what Boba Fett was originally supposed to be anyway.

Yeah, I'm more than happy to accept this version for what I like best, my personal canon.

Mando is, after all, a new century update of what Boba Fett was originally supposed to be anyway.
They literally started out by giving him Fett's original two-pronged rifle weapon and just recently had him take Fett's place as the helmeted badass who silently nods in the background of Jabba's Palace. So yeah, I'd say there's more than enough grounds to consider Mando as the current torchbearer of what Fett originally was conceived to be before George permanently changed him.

Ironically, or maybe not, Mando looks a lot like the Boba Fett from the Holyday Special. At least from the artwork that I've seen online.

Speaking of Mando I'm glad that he didn't upstage Fett in the BOBF Finale. Fett and his Rancor finished off both Scorponek Droids, Fett defeated Bane, it was Fett's idea to have the mayor's aide be a decoy so they could do their jetpack ambush, Fett even saved Mando by pushing him out of the way of a Scorponek blast. When Mando tried to replicate Fett's subduing of the Rancor he failed. Mando was still a badass of course but was thankfully still a supporting character.

Back