The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then Disney came in and ruined everything. They even stole those Boba Fett and Darth Maul games from us...

Darth-Maul-And-Darth-Talon-Star-Wars.png
the leaked footage looked sooo good too

I just pick and choose myself. My shelves tell their own little stories. Kylo can be Jacen in my head. When we get Thrawn it'll be EU Thrawn I'm looking at, not Disney Thrawn. I do that with everything. Same way my Endgame Thanos is waiting for an Adam Warlock to represent Infinity Gauntlet, and my X-Shelf will be my favourite Mutants, not some specific era or team. One thing I have to thank the Krakoa era for is that with all the muties on the same island, and them changing costumes depending on mood, I can just do a Krakoa Display and have literally any combination I want and still justify it as a set-up.

I haven't had a genuinely shiny new object like that in... I don't know, honestly. I'm caught up in trying to keep up/come to terms with past IPs. Get the dollies, get the Omnis, close the chapters is how I see it. There's little enjoyment in it. I'll get my Cosmic, FF, Supernatural, X-Men, Illuminati, Sith, Jedi, Batman, Lantern, [...] Displays and then... that'll be it, I suppose. I know I'll give in and buy a Kang and Namor even if I hate their MCU portrayals. I know I'll not stick to my one-per-character rule for certain ones. It's just how I am. I just need to keep it contained from going further, and I'm doing just fine thus far. I've skipped lots of "sure, I like that" and stuck with the necessities. For now... Sometimes I wonder if it'd be easier to just stick to 10-20 favourites and go around buying 1/12th, 1/6th, 1/4th, 1/3rd, etc of them, but I know my OCD would kill me.

The thing is, nothing new really jumps out at me either. Nothing that comes to mind right now, at least. Games, comics, movies, they're all "oh, yeah, sure, I'll catch that... someday" at best. I have an entire pile of floppies of about a year that I haven't read yet. Since you mentioned it, I'd love to play Horizon due to the sprawling environments, but the story doesn't sound that interesting to me, and I've not bought a new console since the PS3. I also haven't upgraded my rig in about 7 years now, and part of it is because I'm not seeing anything that makes me want to do that. I don't have time to game, and when I do it's all so dreadfully boring.

1507461385838.png

I genuinely miss that though. Waiting for E3 each year and getting hyped over new vidya was always something I anticipated with excitement. I guess I want to see how that new Star Wars Eclipse game turns out. I'm not holding out much hope for the KotOR remake. The Wonder Woman game could be fun, and I'd buy a figure of her if she's got better aesthetics than the Gadot versions. I don't much care for her comics (I don't like it when myths get pop culture'd as I feel it cheapens them; it's weird that I even like Namor as much as I do), but going by pure aesthetics she's gotten a great redesign since the Nu52 days where she moved away from the American Flag panties.
Yep best to be picky with these expensive figures. The best of the best even add up for me. Glad I plan ahead and not settle for anything.

This year is Horizon Dawn 2 then Midnight Suns and then Starfield. Who knows what else might pop up. PS5 also works as a 4k player and media streamer so I'm covered on many fronts. PS does have my kind of exclusives. PC is my preferred gaming rig.

the leaked footage looked sooo good too
That it did.

maxresdefault.jpg

And they just... just took it from us...

1476715392-sad-capaldi-gif.gif

Yep best to be picky with these expensive figures.
Most certainly. I've collected enough things to know that eventually the completionism wears off and you look back and regret a lot of purchases. I'm not at the level of impulse buys, and having resisted Infinity Ultron, Goblin & Ock, my tendencies aren't that bad. But sometimes I try to revise my list and I get bored halfway through, so I ask myself "what is even the point". Why not just stick to 20-30 favourites and let go of specific displays and the such? But then I get overtaken and give in. What saves me is that I'm operating based on the source material, so I only get what is close to that, and what interested me in the first place. So I'll get a Utopia Cyclops to pose with my AoA Magneto and Phoenix Jean; I don't need to do colour-coordinated costumes or specific teams. It's what I want in there. My problem's that I'm into too many stuff...

The best of the best even add up for me.
Ain't that the truth. Even with the 1-Per-Character rule I at least try to adhere to (and have stuck to thus far) it's still too much. 4 FF (plus maybe another 5-ish if they do Future Foundation) and at least 10 X-Men, and you're already up to 7K. Granted, spread over who knows how many years, but still. At the very least something else will have to give. It's about cutting anything bellow a 7/10 on the "like" scale, sticking with mostly 9s & 10s, and then going for 8s & 7s to complete some displays. Anything else is a recipe for disaster. It's why SW-Wise I'm just doing Jedi & Sith, and maybe some Empire/Republic for dressing. I'm not getting into Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, Background Aliens, Rebels, or whatever else.

Glad I plan ahead and not settle for anything.
I try to plan, but with how the MCU and the such are, it's difficult. Too many variables and time between them all. I struck it out ~10 years waiting for the perfect Iron Man, but now that I'm in the thick of it so to speak, it's harder to wait for that one perfect costume. It's the fear of missing out on the good to get your hands on the perfect that may never come. It's easy to skip a complete misfire, but something that's 80% there is enticing. I can skip all the GotG despite liking Cosmic Marvel, and just stick with Thanos & Warlock to represent that corner. I don't need to get it all. What grinds my gears is someone like Kang, who's a top want but an awful translation.

This year is Horizon Dawn 2 then Midnight Suns and then Starfield. Who knows what else might pop up. PS5 also works as a 4k player and media streamer so I'm covered on many fronts. PS does have my kind of exclusives.
The turn/card-based combat turned me off MS completely. And I don't much have the time for an RPG like Starfield. Horizon I'd like to play one day, because it does have great visuals and aesthetics. Beyond that, like I said, it's the Star Wars stuff I want to take a look at, and maybe the Wonder Woman and Wolverine games. But yeah, Eclipse could be cool. I don't care for the High Republic characters, but the aesthetics aren't so bad.

A-soldier-leads-an-army..jpg

i just pick and choose from IP’s and characters from them I like. a lot of batman, i do have some other stuff though too, lady deadpool, IM3 statues etc.

If you're a fan of something long enough, you realize that there's enough reboots, retcons, and inconsistencies that you ultimately have to just cherry pick the stuff you love, and even if it is "erased" from canon, to me it's just as "valid" as anything else they come up with because it's all make-believe anyway. If someone wants to enjoy Star Wars Legends as their "definitive" Star Wars history, they can. I know it'll be a cold day in hell before I toss out Darth Revan from my Star Wars history.

BoBF itself was a lot of highs and lows, and I'll take the highs and shrug off the lows.

Overall, I had a good time with the series. But again, I never built this character up onto some kind of god as many have over the years

He was a failed bounty hunter, and an orphan clone to me. He died in an embarrassing way. So the “fall from grace” everyone seems to think happened here, was never an issues for me .

It was a decent story about redemption of a selfish man, growing to become a leader and example for orhers to follow. The estabish that pretty well.

My inner 12 Yod, is still geeking out about post ROTJ Luke, Rancors and battle droids, Tuskin Raider society, Cade Bane ( who is clearly alive) and Spice running pirate fights.The only thing I didnt like was the vespa crew.

Thos visuals alone, made the series worth it.

That last episode had so many tributes to films….King Kong, Josie Wales, The Professional…all neat stuff.

My hate has nothing to do with me wanting a continuation of ESB Fett.

They dropped the ball with their new Fett post Sarlaac transformation.

First they created a character who is an intellectual slog who doesn’t even comprehend his own plan then they surrounded him with the most lame team in SW history.

The plot was as intricate as a 50 piece lego box set and as intriguing as an ABC afterschool special.

BOBF gave us a lady who beds Jawas.

Luke, Mando and Grogu should’ve never been in this abomination.

My hate has nothing to do with me wanting a continuation of ESB Fett.

They dropped the ball with their new Fett post Sarlaac transformation.

First they created a character who is an intellectual slog who doesn’t even comprehend his own plan then they surrounded him with the most lame team in SW history.

The plot was as intricate as a 50 piece lego box set and as intriguing as an ABC afterschool special.

BOBF gave us a lady who beds Jawas.

Luke, Mando and Grogu should’ve never been in this abomination.
199D28BF-C54F-41E7-9355-F4BA9B8D6521.gif

This is probably the most normal thing in all of Star Wars, compared to some relations we’ve seen before…
I like Peli. I like the groundedness of Mando forming relationships with ordinary folks/working class like Kuiil, Vanth, and Peli. Ultimately he wouldn't have gotten far without their help, and down the road suspect it might be one of the factors shaping his decisions about the code he chooses to follow.

At least on film as far as I know, that kind of treatment is fairly unique for a lead character in SW. Guess they tried with Ahsoka and the sisters in CW but it was too thick of a treatment.

And it was hilarious watching Peli bully Mando into the new ship. And commenting on the furriness lol. As for the rest of TBOBF, I may have found the directing limp. And ok, shallow. But the MCU had a few films more leaden than others and it didn't derail anything in the long run.

Last edited:
Overall, I had a good time with the series. But again, I never built this character up onto some kind of god as many have over the years

He was a failed bounty hunter, and an orphan clone to me.

In what way, in any timeline was Fett a "failed bounty hunter"? He was at the top of the class. He wasnt even failed in BoBF as during that, he had left the profession. And left it evidently rich. Failed....? How so?

Being an orphan is somehow failing? How is any child responsible for ill luck befalling a parent?

As far as someone elses comment about Peli Motto, perhaps it is not so much the thought that xenophilia (?) would be wrong per se, but that there is something about her admission regarding sexual congress with this particular species thats really offputting. Sex with a Falleen? A Twi'lek? That could sure happen and would probably be super enjoyable.

Sex with what amounts to a four-foot-tall rat...... Yeah thats a no for most of us, dawg.

In what way, in any timeline was Fett a "failed bounty hunter"? He was at the top of the class. He wasnt even failed in BoBF as during that, he had left the profession. And left it evidently rich. Failed....? How so?

Being an orphan is somehow failing? How is any child responsible for ill luck befalling a parent?

As far as someone elses comment about Peli Motto, perhaps it is not so much the thought that xenophilia (?) would be wrong per se, but that there is something about her admission regarding sexual congress with this particular species thats really offputting. Sex with a Falleen? A Twi'lek? That could sure happen and would probably be super enjoyable.

Sex with what amounts to a four-foot-tall rat...... Yeah thats a no for most of us, dawg.
It's hilarious. And IMO goes with Peli being a hardscrabble character along with the rest of the working class and low grade criminals or scavengers where things aren't so fussy. The show even made a point about her apparently not needing any surprise visits from authorities.

As for Boba am keeping my HT preorder for the Tusken set. He was pretty awesome in Mando. If there's a season 2 am sure Favreau has heard the blowback. Doubt if anyone is screaming for figs of the mods.

A shame tho. If there was a motorized fig of the spinning guy it'd make a great pet toy. It could spin and shoot out bits of kibble.

i just pick and choose from IP’s and characters from them I like. a lot of batman, i do have some other stuff though too, lady deadpool, IM3 statues etc.
That's the way it should be done. Problem is when the market's too full and you don't know what to choose. We went from CBMs being a special thing, to them coming out every month. There's just too much [PRODUCT] to keep up with everything you like.

If you're a fan of something long enough, you realize that there's enough reboots, retcons, and inconsistencies that you ultimately have to just cherry pick the stuff you love, and even if it is "erased" from canon, to me it's just as "valid" as anything else they come up with because it's all make-believe anyway. If someone wants to enjoy Star Wars Legends as their "definitive" Star Wars history, they can. I know it'll be a cold day in hell before I toss out Darth Revan from my Star Wars history.

BoBF itself was a lot of highs and lows, and I'll take the highs and shrug off the lows.
It's easy to have a personal canon, but it's hard when you see ideas and characters you loved get ripped off for inferior versions that continue getting the spotlight, the merch and so on. And we're on a dolly collection forum, shiny new trinkets attract us. When I keep seeing merch made out of the flavour of the month while all my old EU favourites will never get anything, it makes me seethe.

This is probably the most normal thing in all of Star Wars, compared to some relations we’ve seen before…
Star Wars, Star Trek, Mass Effect; they all need some good old PURGING to stop the Xenoloving.

HelpfulSophisticatedGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

Always remember Torquemada's wise words people:

D8BVBmwX4AEhcPv.png

I'd say they crossed a line with that one, yeah.
It's hilarious. And IMO goes with Peli being a hardscrabble character along with the rest of the working class and low grade criminals or scavengers where things aren't so fussy.
:FREAK:

I guess what @Sassafras is saying is, don't hate the playa, hate the game:

utini.jpg

Blue Milk Special

...As for Boba am keeping my HT preorder for the Tusken set. He was pretty awesome in Mando. If there's a season 2 am sure Favreau has heard the blowback. Doubt if anyone is screaming for figs of the mods.

Tython Deluxe Boba pak is a keeper and I dont even have mine yet.

You know what I see HT doing? Ignoring everyone else in BoBF, as well as legacy characters everyone wants like Padme' and her fifty costumes, etc. we dont get the rest of the Bad Batch - none of that - and instead giving us every last one of those stupid "Mods," and each one of them comes with their assigned Skittles vehicle. HT would totally do that! They are sadists.

I like quality. A refresher is sometimes needed:

"Jar Jar is a key to all of this."
"The whole thing is, how are you going to top the podrace?"

Those are real quotes. That's just Exhibit A. That is the funniest episode of The Office of all-time starring George "I'm insane now" Lucas.

Oh, for a time machine and a few hours of George's undivided attention...

Back