"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...I don't really understand all these changes. I question whether it is even Ledger.

Oh well...In the film, we will get the best, authentic pickings from his performance.

On a better note, he looks so "slimy" and evil when he says "and I'm gonna give it to 'em."

Totally agree... he looks insane in that scene. Love the delivery. :rock

I'm thinking the lines in that tv-spot might be dubbed to not affect the overall length of the commercial. Time is money, especially in the commercial industry. It just doesn't sound like Ledger compared to everything else we've heard in the other trailers.

I'm thinking we've reached the point of over-analyzation and some people are at serious risk of ruining the experience of the movie for themselves.

I'm thinking we've reached the point of over-analyzation and some people are at serious risk of ruining the experience of the movie for themselves.

Yeah, there is a line you have to know to cross or stay behind it... I'm trying my best to just leave it as is in my mind and be open to whatever happens.

Either way I am screwed... I will have to work that weekend and will probably have much of it spoiled just by doing my job at the theater. But I'll do my best to ignore until I can actually watch it for myself. :rock

Yeah, there is a line you have to know to cross or stay behind it... I'm trying my best to just leave it as is in my mind and be open to whatever happens.

Either way I am screwed... I will have to work that weekend and will probably have much of it spoiled just by doing my job at the theater. But I'll do my best to ignore until I can actually watch it for myself. :rock

Do you not have employee screenings at the theater you work at? When I worked at AMC Theaters back in the day we always had screenings of new movies the night before they're released (after the theater closed) for employees and friends.

Do you not have employee screenings at the theater you work at? When I worked at AMC Theaters back in the day we always had screenings of new movies the night before they're released (after the theater closed) for employees and friends.

No... we still get free tickets... but there is a catch. If it looks like it is going to sell out, you can't get seats. So you have to catch an early show or during the week.

At least it's better than it was in 99 when I worked there last. We had to wait 2 weeks after a movie came out to see it. It really sucked.

Wow. That sucks. Times have changed, I guess.

Do you still at least get all the free popcorn and soft drinks you want?

No... we still get free tickets... but there is a catch. If it looks like it is going to sell out, you can't get seats. So you have to catch an early show or during the week.

At least it's better than it was in 99 when I worked there last. We had to wait 2 weeks after a movie came out to see it. It really sucked.

I'd try the earliest morning Matinee on the 18th then if I were you. At least around here, Matinees on any day but Saturday are practically empty. Just hope you work that night instead of morning so you could do it. Sucks about no early screenings though. I know the theaters around here do have them though.

Wow. That sucks. Times have changed, I guess.

Do you still at least get all the free popcorn and soft drinks you want?

Yeah, we can get the free drinks and popcorn as long as we have containers of our own. Which rules.

I'll probably try and catch Indy a few days after it premieres.. whenever I have my first day off. Same with Batman. I usually end up working 2 out of the 3 weekend days on opening nights. So I can hope for a Sat morning or Sunday Morning at least. :D

I know, it's getting too micro-analytical here lately. I'm NOT going to comment on the Film anymore until it opens. I started this thread like 2 years ago to comment on the Film and this thread has been simply amazing. Proud of everyone's contribution but now, with the Film coming soon It might be time to kick back and let the anticipation build.

I'll see it at Grauman's Chinese Theatre Opening Day before noon, just as I did with BB.

And as a little kicker, look what was being off-loaded as I approached the Theatre that day. I took a bunch of pics after the show too. Some guy was actually driving off that trailer ramp. I heard the engine roar, saw the lights flip on and I flipped out.

DSC00821.jpg

I will post more pics of the Tumbler as it was displayed on Opening Day of BB and anything they display on Opening Day of TDK. :cool:

:blackbat:blackbat:blackbat

I remember back in '99 a friend got me and some other friends into an employee screening of Sleepy Hollow. Maybe it is an AMC thing, since that was where my friend worked. Regal sucks.

I remember back in '99 a friend got me and some other friends into an employee screening of Sleepy Hollow. Maybe it is an AMC thing, since that was where my friend worked. Regal sucks.

Yeah, Regal has all of these weird policies that rob the fun of being a theater employee. No more free posters and standees, no early screenings... :monkey2

At least we still get free movies. That will save me like $200 this summer alone. :rock

Yeah, Regal has all of these weird policies that rob the fun of being a theater employee. No more free posters and standees, no early screenings... :monkey2

At least we still get free movies. That will save me like $200 this summer alone. :rock

Damn not even posters. There goes that PM of me begging you for movie ^^^^.:lol:lol:lol

Yeah, it blows. I'll have to buy them online. They are such Nazis. :lol

I am still kicking myself for not asking some guy I knew who worked at AMC to see if he could get me the Superman Re-Release poster. At the time I figured they would be all over ebay, but San Antonio was the only city to get the re-release, thus the posters were never available. From what I understand they are rare as hell.

Scuba, I like the new avatar. Have you been able to tell if that is the rumored "fear gas" look?

Thank you!

I'm not too sure. I can only hope.

Aside, it will be interesting to see if and how the fear gas is still affecting the Gotham, and the Narrows in particular. I hope "Gotham Knight" sets up a decent bridge between the two films. Personally, I'd also love a Joker beginnings story. He has a lot of mystique surrounding him.

I got a "Wayne Enterprises" bond from a buddy, today. It's very cool. I wish I could cash it. :lol

I will post more pics of the Tumbler as it was displayed on Opening Day of BB and anything they display on Opening Day of TDK. :cool:

:blackbat:blackbat:blackbat

That's great, pjam. I appreciate you sharing that with us! One of my favorite vehicles from any film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back