"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tongue1hn5.gif

All this talk of waiting...I am committed to learning no more.
There is already too much out now, and too much open speculation, so I am just waiting and seeing it raw.

Speaking of first times on BB, back when that came out, some really cool guys ran the local theatre, and they called me to come see it with them the night before at midnight, with the employees. The manager sat with me even, and we talked of figures and whatnots just before it started.
Then, when it did, they cranked it up really, REALLY loud, like a concert. Loudest movie I have ever been to. When the explosion rocked Ra's monestary I actually felt concussion against my chest. No lie! The music was impossible to miss (and my brother later said he couldn't remember it when he saw it...which floored me...) anyway, that remains one of the great times I ever had seeing any movie. I was more excited than ever, due to it being a new Batman movie, and was ready.
I'll be ready this go round too.
No way this will be a halfway experience for me.

Also, there is a shirt I wear. I've only worn it five times before. It's my Frank Miller Dark Knight shirt I bought from a Vietnam vet that ran a comics shop back in 1986. He died before the 89 movie even came out...so I only have ever worn it at first showings of a Batman movie. I started with the 89 and last wore it at BB. I will retire it after this movie, being as finally, my Dark Knight shirt has made it to a real Dark Knight movie. So, I am very excited! Can't wait to don the classic shirt once more! :rock

I think I'll cut the front off and frame it....

Scuba, I never noticed Joker was missing a few teeth in your AV. That could be the interrogation room?

Also, there is a shirt I wear. I've only worn it five times before. It's my Frank Miller Dark Knight shirt I bought from a Vietnam vet that ran a comics shop back in 1986.

I wore my Jim Lee Batman Custom Batman shirt to see Batman Begins and plan on repeating it to The Dark Knight. Its a Heather Grey with just the Jim Lee styled Batsymbol across the chest. It was done in a very limited run and I've never seen it again.

I think I'll cut the front off and frame it....

:nono

Les, you gotta T-Shirt Frame that my friend.

T-Shirt Frame

They look great in there, keeps it in its natural form. My Jim Lee shirt will go in there and eventually my Christopher Reeve T-Shirt I got from The RPF as well...

The HBO 13 minute first look airs on July 10th and G4 has a behind the scenes on June 1st.

I really hope they did get some interviews with Heath done before he died. It would be amazing to hear his views and take on the character.

I don't know if you mean specifically HBO, but there are interviews with Heath on the Joker, I was watching one on YouTube last night I came accross watching the TV spots for TDK. He said Joker was a lot of fun to play and as soon as Nolan asked him about being Joker, he knew right away how he wanted to play it and that he and Nolan were on the same page, so Heath's Joker is exactly what he wanted to do, which should make it all the better, like Depp was able to bring to Sparrow being able to do what he wanted with the character, Heath will do with Joker, which is why I feel you can't replace him, in ways the Joker will be Heath so another actor could mimic some things, but not everything.

I have a feeling that they interviewed him while on set. I know for the POTC movies, they interviewed Depp, Bloom, Knightley, etc while they were on set. This isn't just with POTC. Of course, other films are the same way.

Unfortunately, what we will not get is any more press interviews with Heath. :(

I would imagine the DVD release will have something special, like "Inside The Joker: Remember Heath Ledger".

I would imagine the DVD release will have something special, like "Inside The Joker: Remember Heath Ledger".

I sure hope so..... I know I look forward to that. I have always admired Heath and his body of work, well before the Joker was part of it. And I'm really so happy to see Nolan and the cast showing such respect and love for who Heath was and what he brought to TDK. It's going to make that film a bittersweet experience. I will be so happy to see it, but sad that I will never again see another great Heath performance.

I sure hope so..... I know I look forward to that. I have always admired Heath and his body of work, well before the Joker was part of it. And I'm really so happy to see Nolan and the cast showing such respect and love for who Heath was and what he brought to TDK. It's going to make that film a bittersweet experience. I will be so happy to see it, but sad that I will never again see another great Heath performance.

I agree, man. It makes me upset to think about it. It will be certainly be a bittersweet experience.

On another note, I'm watching Begins, now. :chew

I caught a small blurb in the new Rolling Stone, within an article about the summer superhero movies, and it makes a point of noting that Ledger's performance is "Oscar worthy", (probably for supporting actor) and that there may be a movement afoot to see to it he gets a nomination, whether he wins or not. But the bit says that this could be his year to win, even if posthumously. I hope so. Hope he's considered. It would be a first for any comics based film either way, as far as I know. At least for this kind of comic style story.
So, forward the movement! :rock

Not sure if any of you noticed my post in the Blu-ray thread, but MovieStop is now taking reservations/pre-orders for THE DARK KNIGHT on DVD & Blu-ray with December '08 as the slated release. I reserved my TDK Blu-ray yesterday.

:rock

Not sure if any of you noticed my post in the Blu-ray thread, but MovieStop is now taking reservations/pre-orders for THE DARK KNIGHT on DVD & Blu-ray with December '08 as the slated release. I reserved my TDK Blu-ray yesterday.

:rock

That is just sad. The film hasn't even hit theaters yet. Plus by the time it DOES come out on DVD, Blu-Rays will probably be on their way out for Super HD Blu-Ray HD 1000 or something. :rolleyes:

Saw these over on the SHH boards.

Definately can see Heath in this:

jokerfig.jpg

One of the left looks like crap, but the one on the right looks great. Hope you are taking notes Les ;)

twins.jpg

That is just sad. The film hasn't even hit theaters yet. Plus by the time it DOES come out on DVD, Blu-Rays will probably be on their way out for Super HD Blu-Ray HD 1000 or something. :rolleyes:

Uh, neither DVD or Blu-ray will be "on their way out" by December. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back